Heroes of Hammerwatch

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Sol
Cheater
Cheater
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 5:42 pm
Reputation: 6

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by Sol » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Ok, I did the things I said and now here's a link to a dropbox folder with save files, 1 of each class type with the type as the name (ex. "Thief" the Thief), mind you the save files are random numerals (ex. 550300256.sav) but the names will show up in-game normally--and also included are two town.bsa files, one called PEASANTtown.bsa is a freshly made town with 99mil gold and ore, the other one, RICHtown.bsa is my own personal town with all buildings unlocked and upgraded as well as 99mil gold and ore.

In order to install it just download whatever you want and copy it into your game's save directory (if you're on steam it's .../common/Heroes of Hammerwatch/saves/), for the town files just select whichever you wanna use and delete either PEASANT or RICH off the front, depending on what you choose.

I'd suggest making back ups of your own saves and town.bsa file in case you decide you wanna revert back later.

Here's the link, enjoy!

jookstr
What is cheating?
What is cheating?
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:19 pm
Reputation: 2

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by jookstr » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:25 pm

For Skillpoints (Stars) you can also edit the Town.bsa
edit 34-36 with FF FF FF (it's one line below the ore edit and 3 consecutive fields, starting from 4 to the left)

This will unlock Guild Achievements which reward you with stars. After you've spend the stars just close the game, go back to the town.bsa and it will have reedited itself to the previous values. Just set it back to FF FF FF and you'll get the achievement stars again. I think it's about 25-30 stars every time (depending ofc on which achievements are still left, the ones you already got are not being rewarded again) and you can just rinse and repeat until u have all talents maxed.

i'll also attach a screenshot for detailed explanation. I'm not a native bois.
Image

User avatar
Iosiff
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:57 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by Iosiff » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:27 am

jookstr wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:25 pm
For Skillpoints (Stars) you can also edit the Town.bsa
Just perfect! Thx alot.

jkollss
What is cheating?
What is cheating?
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:42 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by jkollss » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:52 am

May be useful for someone:

town.bsa and *.sav files are encrypted with simple XOR by 0xA43D1A23

part of game code hereShow

Code: Select all

.text:00420F20 loc_420F20:                                                                                                             ; CODE XREF: XOR_A43D1A23+15F↑j
.text:00420F20                 lea     eax, [ebp+24h+var_24]
.text:00420F23                 mov     [ebp+24h+var_24], ebx
.text:00420F26                 push    eax
.text:00420F27                 call    ds:std::basic_ostream<char,std::char_traits<char>>::write(char const *,__int64)
.text:00420F2D                 mov     ecx, ebx
.text:00420F2F                 xor     eax, eax
.text:00420F31                 shr     ecx, 2
.text:00420F34                 test    ecx, ecx
.text:00420F36                 jz      short loc_420F4C
.text:00420F38                 nop     dword ptr [eax+eax+00000000h]
.text:00420F40
.text:00420F40 loc_420F40:                                                                                                             ; CODE XREF: XOR_A43D1A23+1AA↓j
.text:00420F40                 xor     dword ptr [edi+eax*4], 0A43D1A23h
.text:00420F47                 inc     eax
.text:00420F48                 cmp     eax, ecx
.text:00420F4A                 jb      short loc_420F40

seoris
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:04 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by seoris » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 pm

wow these revelations are crazy!

would that be on what line of twon.bsa I have to change to raise my gold gain from 1 to 2 (more would be too much to break my gaming pleasure).

If not, is it possible to change the level of items found during the game? (in the manner of MF in D2) or not?

Haxorus
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:16 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by Haxorus » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:53 am

I'm new to hex editors, trying to read gross random character stuff to find shop quantities in assets.bin but i'm not having much luck. It would be nice to increase the amount of things the vendor in town sells, like instead of 1 rare maybe 5 rares! Need some professional to take a crack at that :D

bister77
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by bister77 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:22 pm

someone knows how to get more stars (skillpoints) with cheat engine or hex edit?

seoris
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:04 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by seoris » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:59 pm

bister77 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:22 pm
someone knows how to get more stars (skillpoints) with cheat engine or hex edit?
Dude .. are you laughing or what? 3 posts before the answer is already given ..
Haxorus wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:53 am
I'm new to hex editors, trying to read gross random character stuff to find shop quantities in assets.bin but i'm not having much luck. It would be nice to increase the amount of things the vendor in town sells, like instead of 1 rare maybe 5 rares! Need some professional to take a crack at that :D
Same, but for that kind of things it's really difficult oO.
By the way, would someone have a blank V60 asset.bin edition?

bister77
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by bister77 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:42 pm

seoris wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:59 pm
bister77 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:22 pm
someone knows how to get more stars (skillpoints) with cheat engine or hex edit?
Dude .. are you laughing or what? 3 posts before the answer is already given ..
No actually the post above is just for the guild achievements, so everytime i do that i get like 6 points...it takes hours to do that for every class

seoris
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:04 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by seoris » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:41 pm

bister77 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:42 pm
No actually the post above is just for the guild achievements, so everytime i do that i get like 6 points...it takes hours to do that for every class
For now, it's actually the only way to get more stars, that, and the use of the shithappen trainer.

By counting, maxed the skill costs 177 stars, it's the same for each class, which means that 35 stars thanks to this manipulation ', should be enough for maxed a character lvl 20

6 stars per hack may seem long, but doing it 5 times for each character should not take more than an hour, which is faster than an average run.

Personally, I advise around twenty, the cheat should be useful to maximize the pleasure of play, sometimes the game design of a game is bad, and the only way to restore balance is to do it yourself.

This is the case with the state of this game. Farming is silly, atrociously long, boring and unnecessarily dispensable, classes are not balanced and some skills really badly thought.

In short, sometimes you have to do justice yourself.

MadJester
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:35 pm
Reputation: 1

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by MadJester » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:52 am

So i found a lil something, https://imgur.com/a/H3wg3
Anyone think its possible to trigger NG+4 on all your characters?
through hex editor ofc

MadJester
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:35 pm
Reputation: 1

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by MadJester » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Show
jkollss wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:52 am
May be useful for someone:

town.bsa and *.sav files are encrypted with simple XOR by 0xA43D1A23

part of game code hereShow

Code: Select all

.text:00420F20 loc_420F20:                                                                                                             ; CODE XREF: XOR_A43D1A23+15F↑j
.text:00420F20                 lea     eax, [ebp+24h+var_24]
.text:00420F23                 mov     [ebp+24h+var_24], ebx
.text:00420F26                 push    eax
.text:00420F27                 call    ds:std::basic_ostream<char,std::char_traits<char>>::write(char const *,__int64)
.text:00420F2D                 mov     ecx, ebx
.text:00420F2F                 xor     eax, eax
.text:00420F31                 shr     ecx, 2
.text:00420F34                 test    ecx, ecx
.text:00420F36                 jz      short loc_420F4C
.text:00420F38                 nop     dword ptr [eax+eax+00000000h]
.text:00420F40
.text:00420F40 loc_420F40:                                                                                                             ; CODE XREF: XOR_A43D1A23+1AA↓j
.text:00420F40                 xor     dword ptr [edi+eax*4], 0A43D1A23h
.text:00420F47                 inc     eax
.text:00420F48                 cmp     eax, ecx
.text:00420F4A                 jb      short loc_420F40
Any way a newbie like me can use this information to decrypt the .sav, town.bsa, and the assets.bin files?

Enarei
What is cheating?
What is cheating?
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:25 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by Enarei » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:45 pm

Anyone made any headway with a viable cheat table? Even the trainer is out of date.

MadJester
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:35 pm
Reputation: 1

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by MadJester » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:46 am

Lel they patched hex editing, they now detect if you edit the amount of gold gain and say try reinstalling the game

Sol
Cheater
Cheater
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 5:42 pm
Reputation: 6

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by Sol » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:35 pm

MadJester wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:46 am
Lel they patched hex editing, they now detect if you edit the amount of gold gain and say try reinstalling the game
Yeah, they're trying really hard to be boner killers aren't they? I wonder what drives them to focus on it so much....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fireundubh, nobelk, shuiko