Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
jcr4990
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by jcr4990 »

Sol wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:04 pm
Ok, I did the things I said and now here's a link to a dropbox folder with save files, 1 of each class type with the type as the name (ex. "Thief" the Thief), mind you the save files are random numerals (ex. 550300256.sav) but the names will show up in-game normally--and also included are two town.bsa files, one called PEASANTtown.bsa is a freshly made town with 99mil gold and ore, the other one, RICHtown.bsa is my own personal town with all buildings unlocked and upgraded as well as 99mil gold and ore.

In order to install it just download whatever you want and copy it into your game's save directory (if you're on steam it's .../common/Heroes of Hammerwatch/saves/), for the town files just select whichever you wanna use and delete either PEASANT or RICH off the front, depending on what you choose.

I'd suggest making back ups of your own saves and town.bsa file in case you decide you wanna revert back later.

[Link], enjoy!
This works great! Could you or anybody else tell me what I need to edit to remove the 99 mill gold/ore from these town.bsa files? I wanna use the max'd out RICHtown.bsa file but I want to remove all the extra gold/ore.

AnyutaPerle
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by AnyutaPerle »

It's actual again, because of new saveformat.

LovelyLudwig
Noobzor
Noobzor

Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by LovelyLudwig »

Yeah hex editing got patched it looks like, and with the release of the game i don't think you can opt into betas anymore. And idk if it is just me being braindead, but it looks like they removed town.bsa? Or maybe i just don't have it for some reason?

gandalf5055
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by gandalf5055 »

Someone online can help me please ? send me a pm !

i cant find town.bsa

adolphin
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by adolphin »

only thing i managed was freezing the HP float (could prolly do mana the same way but didn't look for it) would appreciate help :D

niconeitor
Noobzor
Noobzor

Heroes of Hammerwatch

Post by niconeitor »

Still no updates on this? feelsbadman

AmrGamal
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by AmrGamal »

adamapple wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:39 am
until a proper cheat table comes out i found that hex editing the assets.bin file allowed me to increase gold/ore gain, search for
amount">1
amount">2
etc
and replace them all with
amount">9

remember to backup your assets.bin first

I did it but unfortunately i got a massage tampering detected please reinstall the game.
any advise?

niconeitor
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by niconeitor »

0 love for this game huh? feelsbadman

gabrieldscooper
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by gabrieldscooper »

So is it impossible to add start as of now? I really wanted to maxed out my anvil but it doesn't seem possible without not investing in my character.

KAWA
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KAWA »

Since this way seems to shut down, did anyone try to remove 'modded' mark from a profile, edit save files?

KAWA
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KAWA »

Anyone?

Gildrnyx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Gildrnyx »

I think I've got something.

The Town.bsa appears to have been changed to the slot_0.hws (and slot_1.hws, slot_2.hws etc. if you have multiple profiles) over in the saves folder, but they scrambled all the save file properties, and rescramble them every time it saves, so I can't figure out where anything is.

...exceeeeept the modded profile flag.

A modded profile has a flag at 00000014 that's flipped to one, and changing it back to zero removes the flag (unless you have mods enabled on the profile, then it just gets re-added when you start the game, unless the game has a heart attack and crashes, which also happens occasionally, so disable any mods before you toggle that.)

Trouble is, I can't figure out how to remove the cheats enabled flag (it's not [just] at 00000015, as much as it seems so) and toggling the modded flag while the cheats enabled flag is set causes the game to crash when you open the profiles menu.

Will need some testing, but I think we can still use cheat-ey mods, then disable them and flip the modded profile flag off. It worked with my profile that had nothing but QoL mods though (and I even got a string of Steam achievements retroactively)

Euadonis
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Euadonis »

Damn. I tried, but I know very little on how to do stuff like this.

I managed to find my HP doing a 'string' search (I looked for my HP value, took damage, then refined the search to the new number)
I found two values that reflected my changing HP properly, but I could not lock them, which meant that the game was writing to them instead of the other way around, I think?

Doing any other kind of search was fruitless. I'd search for my HP, get hurt, and search for the new value..and it'd always come up empty. Nothing was reflecting the changed value other than 2 strings.

I hope this helps someone who can take it a bit further than I could, since I h ad no idea what to do with said strings to freeze them.

Also, the second of the 2 strings could not be manually changed; if I changed it off of my HP value, it'd instantly snap back to the proper value, and change the FIRST string in the process. (I could change the first string, but my HP would not change to reflect it)

wei6219047
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by wei6219047 »

Gildrnyx wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:48 am
I think I've got something.

The Town.bsa appears to have been changed to the slot_0.hws (and slot_1.hws, slot_2.hws etc. if you have multiple profiles) over in the saves folder, but they scrambled all the save file properties, and rescramble them every time it saves, so I can't figure out where anything is.

...exceeeeept the modded profile flag.

A modded profile has a flag at 00000014 that's flipped to one, and changing it back to zero removes the flag (unless you have mods enabled on the profile, then it just gets re-added when you start the game, unless the game has a heart attack and crashes, which also happens occasionally, so disable any mods before you toggle that.)

Trouble is, I can't figure out how to remove the cheats enabled flag (it's not [just] at 00000015, as much as it seems so) and toggling the modded flag while the cheats enabled flag is set causes the game to crash when you open the profiles menu.

Will need some testing, but I think we can still use cheat-ey mods, then disable them and flip the modded profile flag off. It worked with my profile that had nothing but QoL mods though (and I even got a string of Steam achievements retroactively)
Change the flag has been fixed in ver 99, now you can't get rid of that gear icon. :(

soulik
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by soulik »

I've found a way to enable cheats on unmodded saves. It overrides a "modded save" verification.

See my Cheat table at: