Dune 2000

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
doeegberts
Noobzor
Noobzor

Dune 2000

Post by doeegberts »

Hey there for anyone reading. As the subject says, I'd really appreciate a table for Dune 2000. That game is sorely lacking in compatible trainers for some reason.

A caveat would be that I'd like the table to be for the 1.06p fan patch (current as of now), which is basically an edited executable to make Dune 2000 compatible(read, work to any worthwhile degree) with modern systems. It's by the same folks who did the fanpatches for C&C95 and Red Alert 1. Those 2 games have working tables, only D2K is absent.

The list of options doesn't have to be extensive, just a couple of key RTS mainstays:
- god mode
- reveal map
- money

maybe instant build and energy as extra

Should be a lot of overlap between C&C1/RA1 and D2K, so if any reference is needed, that's the place to look. I think the main difference is the way the game stores values per faction compared to them, but don't quote me on that.

If anyone's up for it, I'd be very grateful.

doeegberts
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Dune 2000

Post by doeegberts »

So, since it'll probably take awhile before anyone bites, if ever, I decided to try my hand at making a table using cheat_me's Emperor Battle For Dune and C&C tables as reference. There's a lot of overlap between all those titles, so the scripts are pretty similar, so it should work for D2K too.

I've managed to coble together a table with the following features:
- God Mode
- Money
- Power

To enable god mode, you must toggle both god1&2. 1 is for units, 2 is for buldings. There seems to be situations where infantry units still die in some cases, and I don't know what that is. Being run over is fine, but some of them seem to die to missiles.

You might notice that your funds are draining sometimes. That's because you have more funds than when you enabled the script, so it will decrease until that point and stop again.

I'm trying to figure out how to do map reveal based on an old guide. We'll see if I'll manage.

Until then I'll upload my test table for Dune 2000, patch 1.06p (fanpatch by funkyfresh). Make sure to install the patch if you want this table to work.

If anyone finds any issues, or can point out issues with the assembly code, I'd appreciate it.
Attachments
test.ct
(2.43 KiB) Downloaded 463 times

doeegberts
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by doeegberts »

Here's a new version of the table, it has a working map revealer. A minor issue with it is that the minimap doesn't clear up. You have to save and reload for it to become revealed as well. Enemy units still show up on the minimap, it just stays black on terrain until you move units there. A wrinkle, but the most important part of the maphack works.

I also noticed that the Starport permanently decreases money if you purchase units through it. Gonna look into that in a bit.
Attachments
Dune 2000.ct
(5.05 KiB) Downloaded 438 times

doeegberts
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by doeegberts »

Just found out that god and money don't work on Ordos or Harkonnen campaigns, but work with Atreides' and any faction in Skirmish/Practice. Gonna have to look into that.

doeegberts
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by doeegberts »

Ok, I think I fixed the Ordos/Harkonnen campaigns, aswell as the Starport money decrease. For the latter, you have to enable 'money2' in the table.

All that's left now is the minimap issue. Until then, here's the updated table.
Attachments
Dune 2000.ct
(5.79 KiB) Downloaded 902 times

bull375
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by bull375 »

Hi Doeegberts,
I tried the Dune 2000 CT for Gruntmods Dune 2000 1.6.2.6 and everything works perfectly. Only missing parameter is Instant build. Could you pls add Instant Build. Thanks.