Re: Dominions 5

Post by Hamof »

dilbertini wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:06 am
Hamof wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:04 am
dilbertini wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:53 pm

You need to paste it into the area where you activate the scripts/ see the value of a variable when you use a table.
I'm not sure what area you're referring to, can you make a screenshot?

here is a link to the screenshot (did not find a way to attach an image)
just copy the table from panraven post then right click in the zone where you modify the values in cheat engine and then click on paste.
[Link]
Jeremy wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:03 pm
Can someone be so kind as to post an actual table for this game?

I've got the cash/currency (4-byte) as well as the gems (binary) but not been able to get bless points or creator points working. Read the earlier posts but I don't know how to use CE beyond simple scans.

Would be much appreciated.
Here is the table obtained by doing copy pasting just like the screenshot show.
Dominions5.CT
Thanks

worfest
Noobzor
Noobzor

Dominions 5

Post by worfest »

[QUOTE="ZeroSum, post: 27418, member: 11136"]Does anyone know how get the values for population? :?:[/QUOTE]

That would be awsome!

alpha545
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by alpha545 »

So, I have taken the infinite design point table posted earlier
and added EVERY FKING NATION of EVERY FKING AGE.

I have added their gold, their 8 GEMS and their research point

it allows you to see before even the end of turn 1, who you are fighting against just by looking who has gold since
the nations who are not game do not have gold (nation gold value 0)

for the research points, you can put more point than necessary but do not go over 32767 or in-game it will show that you need more than 30000+
to finish the research and watch out because the excess points will go to the next research or

like this, you can mess with the A.I easily and make it worthless or a bit more challenging or whatever float your mind.

to do this for every fking nation was mind-numbing
start game as nation, scan gold, scan gems, scan research, do it again as next nation a total of 90 fking time

i could also have added "win condition" but decided not to.
It's a 2 bytes and can be found easily with the conquer a certain NBR of province win condition and just counting your provinces.
It's also a nation-specific and the same memory area will not work for another nation.
Attachments
Dominions5.CT
(472.43 KiB) Downloaded 262 times

Erlkonig
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Erlkonig »

Any idea how to adapt this to the newest version?

dd777
Cheater
Cheater

Post by dd777 »

So, I've been able to search for a unit's name as a string and find a bunch of values including the visual display of magic paths. Changing the unit's name seems to stick, but editing the magic path values (1 Byte, all next to each other in gem order (F,A,W,E,S,D,N,B,H)) doesn't stay past saving and exit/end turn...but could it be used to find out where actual path values for something like your pretender via assembly script or something?

xalex94x
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by xalex94x »

Did anyone update this for the new version or does anyone know how to update so I can do it? A dominions 5 cheat table would be nice to play around with :)

Anesah
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Anesah »

I am also very interested in getting at very least the unlimited design points/unlimited enchants that was present in the first table. I would be very grateful to anyone that either edited the table for the most recent version (5.38) or at least has some idea on how to do so.

vagabond11
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by vagabond11 »

Carrnage wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:57 pm
There might be a chance someone could adapt the dominions 4 script.
Mezides wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:14 pm
Hello little table for Dominions 4 :Throne of Ascencion wich allow to play a god with negative design point.

This was updated to V4.30 by me thanks to this post:
Posted by sanitykey at 2014-09-14 09:14:36
I've updated and tested it so it should work at least until the game is updated again.

The way I did it was as follows:

1) Find the 4 byte value for the number of design points, add it to the code list and, show it as signed.

2) Make your design points negative.

3) Right-click on the design points variable -> Find out what accesses this address.

4) Click "Ok" in game and it should say "You cannot have a negative amount of points left".

5) Right-click on the address that accessed the variable -> Show this address in the disassembler.

6) Notice how just below the line it takes you to there is

Dominions4. exe+135BED:
jns Dominions4. exe+135E5A

This is code we want to change in the script, it only jumps if you have positive (not signed) design points, so we will change that to

Dominions4. exe+135BED:
js Dominions4. exe+135E5A

But that isn't all. . .

7) Right click on the line with jns and "Break and trace instructions" and press "Ok" (default values are fine).

8) Go back to the game, this time give yourself a positive amount of design points and, press "Ok" again.

Now the trace should have a list of instructions that allow you to start the game. The idea is to make sure that these instructions are followed, even if you have a negative amount of design points. I went through the trace instructions sequentially and found that the second call, which only does 3 instructions (cmp, je, ret) has to be forced. If within this call, the je fails then the game won't start. So the easiest thing to try was to replace all instructions after the je (but before the return) with nop. And it turned out that this worked.

9) Within the trace instructions, find the second call, double-click on the second je instruction within the call and, it should take you to that line in the debugger.

10) We want to replace all lines after that je instruction (but before the return) with nop.

Ok so now we know the lines we want in our script. When enabled we want to replace

jns Dominions4. exe+135E5A

mov eax,[esp+08] (4 bytes)
push eax (1 byte)
call Dominions4. exe+C1D50 (5 bytes)
pop ecx (1 byte)

With

js Dominions4. exe+135E5A

nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop

(4 + 1 + 5 + 1 = 11) nop

And when disabled we want to restore the original code. I hope this helps explain what I did.

Tips to cheat in game :

- Don't forget to deactivate cheat protection at the start of the game or you won't be able to change value
- Treasury is in 4 bytes
- Gems are in Binary

Have fun !
Current Version:
Dominion 4 Version 4.31 (19/06/2017)
Dominions 4 Allow Negative Design PointsV431.ct

Legacy Version:
Dominion 4 Version 4.30 (05/04/2017)
Dominions 4 Allow Negative Design PointsV430.ct

Dominion 4 Version 4.29 (20/03/2017)
Dominions 4 Allow Negative Design PointsV429.ct
Hi, I only have a basic understanding of memory editing, and I don't really understand 8,9,10 could you explain more?

EmeraldLoom
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by EmeraldLoom »

Well...this works for me, but as this is my first time trying to edit assembly code using scripts, I have no idea if it will work for anyone else. In all likelihood, I expect it to break with the next patch, but:

I took Panraven's script, gutted it (I was incapable of reverse engineering it: his was very flexible, and whatever the major patch changed seems to have disabled what he did), and used the basic structure for:

Disabled Design point checks. The script simply disables the "negative value" checks that are common for design points. When enabled, once you have changed design points once, they should read zero.

Disabled bless checks. Conditional jumps related to negative bless points or missing domain requirements for a bless have been switched to regular jumps, which seems to bypass the restrictions.

End result:
Infinite design points
Unrestricted bless points (as long as you have at least 4 points in a magic path).
Hard cap of 40 blesses remains.

Note: This is for pretenders designed using the Pretender Design tool in the "tools and manuals" section of the game. Turn on script, make pretender, save. Simply load the pretender you designed to play with it. You must disable cheat prevention on game creation. I have no idea if this works on pretenders you create when making a game, and I suspect it may make the AI flip the hell out, so...don't use it there.

Edit: Updated code for 5.47, changed some of the functions so that it should be more future proofed...I think.
Attachments
Dominions5v5.47.CT
(1.39 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
Dominions5v5.45.CT
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

SwordArtRedeye
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SwordArtRedeye »

Is it still somehow possible to change the research point value? Can't get the hang of it.

Selvius
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Selvius »

Sadly, it seems like v5.57 broke the script once again

pang0
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by pang0 »

Can someone post updated tables that work with the new version?

Starcraster
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Starcraster »

I've posted a table that works with the new version, but it is not an update. It's my own table.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21427

Instead of tackling things through raw data, it tackles them through assembly. This makes it simpler on one hand, on the other hand less customizable due to the fact that Dominion abuses stack based allocation.