Star Traders Frontier

Post by bertman »

could you make a table for this game

gogo561
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Star Traders Frontier

Post by gogo561 »

Ye im interested in a table as well i tried to get the skill points and stuff but the caps when your create a character seem rly hard to bypass.

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

Tables in general will be hard in the classic sense. Possibly just overwriting a individual functions will help but general data access will be hard as they use an encrypted sqlite database for storage and frequently pull data in and out of memory to the database depending on what is being done.

I've been able to hack skill points pretty easy in a one off situation but unreliable in general. If you do a group search on "4:<hp> 4:<mp>" where <hp> is current hitpoints and <mp> is current morale when on the Crew screen then you can usually find any given soldier. The used skill points and talents are +30 integers after or so (stats are about -10 integers before this memory location). Sometimes the character name will be ~200 bytes before the hitpoints but it does not always appear.

You cannot add skill points but you can reset the number of used skill points back to zero and select again. Skill changes will only persist if you actually immediately use those points. Modifying hp or mp may or may not persist if changed here they generally do if you make a big change like select a skill as they will properly write it back to the database.

Also you can change Reputation of contacts but is also hard as you need to spend reputation immediate to fix. Group search for "4:<Inf> 4:<Inf> 4:* 4:<PRep>" to find the data. <Inf> is the contacts influence and <PRep> is personal reputation. If you edit PRep and then spend it on contacts or something it will save.

I was hoping that it may be possible to run arbitrary SQL statements through CE but its more complicated than I wanted to deal with.

kinoob
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by kinoob »

Skill points and attribute points can be modified to any value before character creation pretty easily by searching for a 4-byte value. Edit a template, and when scan for the skill point or attribute value. Then add 1, and scan for the changed value until you find it. Once found, once you have finished your character's template and are at the menu where you choose your map, character's visual look, ect. you then change the values of whatever attributes or skill points you want to whatever value you need. Once done, just click launch and start the game. The values will be saved.

I've also found Fuel, HP, Morale, and Gold pretty easily by just doing a simple 4-byte search. Fuel is the most useful so far because it reduces some of the tedious parts of traveling long distances.

I'm sure Rep points could be found and modified via 4-byte values but have not tested it myself. I also reckon you could change the amount of items stored in your Cargo via 4-byte searches too, but again haven't tried it myself yet.

As for Talent points/Job Points after the game has launched and upon leveling I have failed to find a way to modify these points at all. This is due to my lack of skill with hacking in cheat engine. I'm a novice. The values may be multiplying or something and not shown as the exact values seen on the character sheet. I've tried to search 4 byte on an unknown value and then selecting 1 skill point to decrement the pool, and then searching for a decreased value but came up with nothing. I've seen attribute/skill point options available on another trainer product via a google search so I know such a thing must be possible.

Just as an interesting note, I have succeed in leveling to say lvl 30, and then reducing the actual level of my toon whilst keeping my skill and job points.

I have however found modifying XP points pretty easy by doing a 4-byte search for the XP number and changing it to a larger number to instantly level up. You just need to pay your wages to see the level changes, and yes you'll receive your job/talent points for the levels you get.

These values change with every start of the game. I'm not skilled enough to make a proper table that would scan the .exe for the proper values upon startup every time.

Hope this helps you.

TLDR: 4 byte search works for most everything for me.

Forgotten_Cetra
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Forgotten_Cetra »

I was unable to modify the contents of my cargo hold by doing 4 byte searches. I tried checking for the total number present, 16, dropping 2, then searching for 14, dropping 2, then again for 12. I was able to find some values, but they did not seem to alter the number of cargo I had. Wanted to relay my method in case you wanted to try to replicate.

I'll try to work with reputation and the others and report back. Any recommendations based on my experience? Otherwise, thanks for the advice.

edit: i also tried to search for All types as well, did not seem to find anything that would alter the number that either.

Forgotten_Cetra
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Forgotten_Cetra »

Also, stats during chargen can be higher than maximum. I am unsure how high they can be raised before breaking everything. But attributes can be raised to 50 on chargen and skills to 30. I will test this later.

Devs intend to release informative tooltips soon, so hopefully we can see how much of an effect those stats have on things. I believe they said the tooltips will include the calculations to a degree.

kinoob
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by kinoob »

I can concur and confirm that values can be set far beyond the standard cap of just 30 points during character creation.
Based upon the rolls that I've seen in the game it seems that a value of 90 for a stat such as Quickness resulted in a roll of 90% for certain challenges that come up while moving the ship in the game world. So I hazard a guess that if your stat was set to 100 then you'd get a 100% chance to win the roll. I could be wrong on that though.

I believe I found a valid value for the cargo on my ship, but I couldn't get that value to freeze or change. I need to spend more time playing with it to see if I can get it to work. It may be possible, but so far my tries have yielded failures. Do note that I am a novice at using cheat engine, but if I do in fact find any success then I will post my results in this thread.

For what it's worth I did some lurking on another forum pertaining to a paid-for trainer for this game. They can in fact hack the attributes/skill points, and talent points after character creation supposedly. However, there were certain users making complaints that the stats were sometime not permanent and would change. The developer of the trainer then stated that the purposes of the hack was to allow you to change your stats briefly before ship or crew combat and not meant as a permanent means of buffing your character or crew.

It seems like we'll have to wait until somebody with more skills in cheat engine can create a table that works for everybody in the community to use.
The developers have stated openly that they plan a "ruthless" development cycle. So far they are releasing updates weekly. They've recently stated that the next update would be considered as a major update with new content and not just bug fixes/tweaks. So if somebody does in fact make a trainer that works for the community it might be out-dated relatively quickly due to the developers releasing updates so often.

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

I continue to believe that the most sustainable approach is to hook the sqlite3 libraries and run your own queries. That also opens much of the game if done right. I did some reverse engineering for this and seems possible but it did start to look like work. Displaying results of queries is the real pain after looking at sqlite source so possibly update only queries would be a good idea. The game binary has ample examples of queries that are used for reading and storing game data if you look for it. Some unsolved interesting things are how to get currently selected character/ship/planet on screen.

Since sqlite3 is open source the code can easily be found and hook points figured out which means AOB scans can work and be resilient to frequent updates. I'd probably consider using some lua to make the sql easier to deal with but would need some more thought. Unless they change the game schema this approach would probably be reasonably stable. This however drifts out of CE core expertise and would be closer to a save editor. Alas Fallout 4 VR is released so I know what I'm doing for awhile.

Gallium
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Star Traders Frontier

Post by Gallium »

[USER=10841]@kinoob[/USER]

To change talents and even total levelling points (for jobs) the game stores the points you've spent (not the points you have) as a 4 byte.

For example, if you have not yet spent any talent points and you had 5 talent points, when you spend one, the game records it as 1, if you spend 2, the game records it as 2.

If you want to obtain all traits, simply freeze the value and spend them as the game will still just think only 2 have been spent.

The same applies to levels, eg if you have 3 levels in commander and 3 in military officer, you've spent 6 points.

Using this method i've been able to reach level 32 in all 3 jobs and also obtain every trait. It is also possible to set the overall level back to 1 (by using 4 byte scans), I think doing this will prevent the game from spiking in difficulty too fast as i suspect there is some level scaling mechanism, but i'm not sure. In any case doing this will not reset the 32 levels in jobs as you've already "spent" the points, so when you level up you won't gain new levelling or trait points (assuming that you unfroze the value to match exactly the max number of traits/levels you needed).

The only thing I haven't figured out (and i'm not even sure its possible) is how to give the captain (or raise the captains) ship ops skills (eg repair, gunnery, etc)

(also sorry to necro thread, but the game just left early access as a full release)
Last edited by Gallium on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

WintermuteX
Cheater
Cheater

Star Traders Frontier

Post by WintermuteX »

[QUOTE="Gallium, post: 53776, member: 20136"]The only thing I haven't figured out (and i'm not even sure its possible) is how to give the captain (or raise the captains) ship ops skills (eg repair, gunnery, etc)[/QUOTE]

That's simple. Search for the name of the captain as a string, non-unicode but case-sensitive. Look up the addresses you found until you see a memory part after the name with two low 4-byte values right after the name and many zero-bytes afterwards. That is the structure of your captain. Right after the end of your captains name are two longwords (4-bytes) which will show something like 0E 00 00 00 and 0F 00 00 00. They will have a one byte value and the three following bytes WILL be zero. All the bytes afterwards are the skills starting with "pistol"! There are something like 17 longwords or such but not all values are used. The block ends with the first attribute value (quickness).

As alternative you can look up the attributes as a area of bytes search. Each value is 4 bytes and the order is: quickness, strength, fortitude, wisdom, charisma, resilience. Please note that if you have traits which increase an attribute the attribute is stored WITHOUT the gain from the trait. Like if you have 23 quickness and an trait which increases quickness "+3", then you have to look for 20. The longwords before the quickness attribute are the skills.

PS:

word = 2 bytes

longword = 4 bytes

[URL='https://ibb.co/bBZ8iz']Picture[/URL]

[IMG]https://preview.ibb.co/hbdZOz/STF.png[/IMG]

Btw. the table introduced here was sooooo great if you understand a little bit SQL:

[URL='https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/star-traders-frontiers-v2-0-37-updated-16-dec-17.5650/']SQLite table by tfigment[/URL]

If someone could fix the AOBScan (unfortunately my knowledge of asm and injecting functions is far to inferior to fix it myself) of this table, then you could modify so many things ingame ... I used it for months until one of the last updates broke the table. As this table could edit the underlying SQL tables of the game itself, there is nothing you couldn't edit permanently (besides maybe gamemechanic things like stats of ship parts, as those tables would be reloaded whenever you start the game again).
Last edited by WintermuteX on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

always_confused
Cheater
Cheater

Star Traders Frontier

Post by always_confused »

+1

theseko
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by theseko »

FYI: See [Link] for savegame decryptor and encryptor. Now you can decrypt saved game, tweak it (using sqlite client or binary editor), encrypt again and load the game.

Khorghakh
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Khorghakh »

Ok, necro'ing this thread with my animate dead skill!
Could I have more information on how to use the encrypt/decryptor?

You need Python 3.5+ (see [Link])
You need CryptoPlus (see [Link])
Download this package to some local directory (and unzip if needed)

^ I have installed python 3.5_
I went to the CryptoPlus and downloaded the master file (code > download as zip)
The cryptoplus says:
PyCryptoPlus is an extension to the Python Crypto module ([Link]).
PyCryptoPlus provides same ciphers as included in pycrypto but also new ones,

So I will need to get the Python Crypto Module as well?
Where do I put that?

I am guessing if I am asking these questions then it might be better I just forget this...