On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
flx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness

Post by flx »

It's a quadrilogy of games ( [Link], [Link], [Link], [Link] ) and i'm sad to see there's almost no CE content about it anywhere. There used to be at least 2 threads about these on the original CE but even though google still yield results, there's no cache about it.

Anyway, the 3 and 4 versions are quite simple to use CE, so... i'm here mostly to ask help with episode 1 and 2:

- Infinite Fruit Fu**er parts (They are used to upgrade weapons)
- Successful hits never decrease (They do when you miss a block, and they increase your attack a lot if you don't. I'm not sure how they are connected to the attack bonus but i'm almost certain that the max on "Hits" is 40.)
- Instant Special Attack and Instant Summons.
- And of course, infinite HP.

I MANAGED to get Infinite HP and 40 Hits by searching "unknown value" > "increase" > etc but sometimes they just stop working after a while.

Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness

Post by Slade »

I've got a script for Health, XP and the fruit fucker parts done. XP and FF are one and the same, as they run through the same routine.

Edit:
I've found the successful hits part. I thought this might help you out in the future.

The highlighted code moves a value of 0 into the location [esi+E48], which is where one of the characters 'hits' is stored (not important which one at this point in time). This runs every time a character/player is hit, and resets the values back to 0. If you look further down, you'll see:

Code: Select all

RainSlickEp1.exe+5D433 - 8B 86 480E0000        - mov eax,[esi+00000E48]
RainSlickEp1.exe+5D439 - 83 F8 28              - cmp eax,28 { 40 }
RainSlickEp1.exe+5D43C - 73 1A                 - jae RainSlickEp1.exe+5D458
RainSlickEp1.exe+5D43E - 83 C0 01              - add eax,01 { 1 }
RainSlickEp1.exe+5D441 - 89 86 480E0000        - mov [esi+00000E48],eax
This part is run when you successfully block or hit something, and counts up. The same address [esi+E48] is moved into a register, the register (and it's value) is compared against a hex value of 28 (or 40 decimal), the next instruction is jump above or equal, so if the hits is already 40, they can skip a whole bunch of this routine, otherwise, add 1 to eax (which holds the current players hits value), then moves eax back into the memory location for the player.

We can realistically ignore this whole section, and just concentrate on the part where it's reset to 0. Instead of setting it to 0, we can easily just push a value of (hex) 28 or (dec) 40 into that section of code.

I thought it might help you in the future to create your own scripted cheats. And for what it's worth, I've only been doing scripted cheats for a few months. Prior to that, I had NO idea about asm at all. I watched a youtube video or two and went on from there.