[COMPLETED] [REQUEST] Rise to Ruins

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
trungtoto
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

[COMPLETED] [REQUEST] Rise to Ruins

Post by trungtoto »

This is an awesome hard base building and management game. [Link]

I would love not to bother any of you about this "small" game but due to my limited cheating ability, I couldn't cheat this game using the simple way.

Would you kindly make a table for this game?

Best regards.

HubaIB
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Rise to Ruins

Post by HubaIB »

Second to that - would be lovely.

Schnitzelmaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Schnitzelmaker »

Cheating in the game is hard, it uses java and also every resource is a single item even the one showing in storages. So its not possible to change any storage values.

Best way i found is to cheat is in the savegames.
There is subfolder "profiles" in the game directory. (Game folder is "Retro-Pixel Castles")

The saves are csv values and can be simply changed with a texteditor, but it doesn't show what values are what.
Only by unpacking the game is possible to find it out.

2 recommend ways to cheat.
1) Open survivalLimbo.mobData (or whatevery game mode is used) and copy the content from sandboxLimbo.mobData inside.
2) Open .influenceData file (example: SurvivalIsland.influenceData) and change the first two numbers after influence=

HubaIB
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by HubaIB »

Schnitzelmaker,
Schnitzelmaker wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:28 pm
Cheating in the game is hard, it uses java and also every resource is a single item even the one showing in storages. So its not possible to change any storage values.
Schnitzelmaker wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:28 pm
2 recommend ways to cheat.
1) Open survivalLimbo.mobData (or whatevery game mode is used) and copy the content from sandboxLimbo.mobData inside.
2) Open .influenceData file (example: SurvivalIsland.influenceData) and change the first two numbers after influence=
Thank you for clarify that and also thanks for your hint for some possible way to cheat in that game.

Torbax
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Torbax »

Influence is easy to cheat on, no need to adjust any files.
Your full influence bar is "2000" so just search for that exact value.
Then use some of it, look for decreased etc. When you've found the correct data just set it back to 2000 value and lock it.
Infinite Influence that way. Kinda cool to just spawn 10 holy golems or 100 meteors to get iron haha.

Bartholemeow
Cheater
Cheater

Rise to Ruins

Post by Bartholemeow »

All suggested methods no longer work as of indev 31 unstable 2b.

So, dead end on values for influence and the structure of the game changed drastically preventing the "ruleset" swap.

Anything concrete would be great since as is there's no real way to win this game or even survive a reasonable time outside of progressless sandbox =/

xceled
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by xceled »

Bartholemeow wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:36 am

So, dead end on values for influence and the structure of the game changed drastically preventing the "ruleset" swap.

Anything concrete would be great since as is there's no real way to win this game or even survive a reasonable time outside of progressless sandbox =/
Hey Barth,

I played around with this tonight and I was able to get editing of the influence value working for periods of time. The trick is to know your max influence. If you look in your saves, you will find a structure like this (this is for the Woodhaven map on Profile 0 in my game):
Rise to Ruins\profiles\profile0\saves\worldMap\WorldMaps\Woodhaven\survival1\Woodhaven.influenceData
If you open it with a text editor, you'll see this:

Code: Select all

#Woodhaven Influence Data
#Tue Oct 16 21:48:26 CDT 2018
version=InDev 31e
influence=240,240,4,null,null,0,METEOR,SUMMON_HOLY_GOLEM,HEALING_AURA,ILLUMINATE,SUMMON_LABOR_GOLEM
On line 4, "240,240" means my current saved influence is 240 and my max is 240. So when you are in the game for this level, you will use cheat engine to search for a 4 byte value of 240. Then cast a spell, search decreased. Wait for it to refill, search 240 again. You will find it quickly.

Your max influence is based on your population so it will change. The current and max are stored right next to each other in memory but I found editing the max glitchy. I have had the most success with just freezing the influence at my max but it also technically lets you set it over, but again, also glitchy because the game is fighting you to recalculate it lower.

The issue I was running into, is that the game seems to keep moving this data to different locations in the memory after about 10 minutes. When that happens, you have to do it again. I am inept at using Cheat Engine for more than simple searches so perhaps someone more experienced can help with how to find this area of memory automatically or using offsets.

I hope this helps.

Bartholemeow
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Bartholemeow »

xceled wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:49 am
Bartholemeow wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:36 am

Hey Barth,

I played around with this tonight and I was able to get editing of the influence value working for periods of time. The trick is to know your max influence. If you look in your saves, you will find a structure like this (this is for the Woodhaven map on Profile 0 in my game):
Rise to Ruins\profiles\profile0\saves\worldMap\WorldMaps\Woodhaven\survival1\Woodhaven.influenceData
If you open it with a text editor, you'll see this:

Code: Select all

#Woodhaven Influence Data
#Tue Oct 16 21:48:26 CDT 2018
version=InDev 31e
influence=240,240,4,null,null,0,METEOR,SUMMON_HOLY_GOLEM,HEALING_AURA,ILLUMINATE,SUMMON_LABOR_GOLEM
On line 4, "240,240" means my current saved influence is 240 and my max is 240. So when you are in the game for this level, you will use cheat engine to search for a 4 byte value of 240. Then cast a spell, search decreased. Wait for it to refill, search 240 again. You will find it quickly.

Your max influence is based on your population so it will change. The current and max are stored right next to each other in memory but I found editing the max glitchy. I have had the most success with just freezing the influence at my max but it also technically lets you set it over, but again, also glitchy because the game is fighting you to recalculate it lower.

The issue I was running into, is that the game seems to keep moving this data to different locations in the memory after about 10 minutes. When that happens, you have to do it again. I am inept at using Cheat Engine for more than simple searches so perhaps someone more experienced can help with how to find this area of memory automatically or using offsets.

I hope this helps.
Hey there.

Sorry for the late reply. This does indeed make it possible again, so just wanted to say thanks for the assist :)

NoChannel
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by NoChannel »

I find 15 man your max influence is 600
17 man is 680
19 man is 760
So 1 man is 40
and using Cheat Engine sometimes game crush
sorry my English :\

Traslogan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Traslogan »

I tried searching for it using the aforementioned amount per villager, but couldn't find it in the latest v33 build.

Specula
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Specula »

The pop * 40 worked for me yesterday until I reloaded my game this morning, now with max influence ( 5,000 ). Cheat Engine now says that the value of Influence is being recorded as it's base number ( for me, 5000 ).

marking
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by marking »

As no one made one I decided to give it a go. See viewtopic.php?t=9926

The main feature is a stable Influence hook that does not crash after a while due to Java's memory moves.