What is cheating?

[Resolved!] Flying Tank

Post by FoxtrotUniformCha »

Game Name: Flying Tank
Game Engine: Hexage Custom Engine
Game Version: 1.1.6
Options Required: Health, Money
Steam Website:
Other Info: This game is a ripe bastard, :x all my attempts to modify health and money have only affected the displayed health and money, not the actual one. Willing to pay $20 to cover cost of purchase and cheats on paypal/venmo/cashapp to help facilitate this, thank you!
Last edited by FoxtrotUniformCha on Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrBaldy
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: [Request] ($20 Bounty) Flying Tank

Post by MrBaldy »

I like this game, simple concept and fluid :) Haven't played that far but I did make your request, let me know if there are issues. Health was easy enough, just nop'd what was being moved to the health address. Money (Biomass) was a little more in depth, value is encrypted so you gotta do Changed/Unchanged for a bit, I think I had ~90 addresses after.

Take a look at the xor's. The "mov" you see at the bottom is the final encrypted value being moved into our money address.

I used breakpoints to see what the registers were holding, so I ended up just moving a value into R11 before it was doing the LEA (load effective address). Ex. In the picture, by default, it would have moved the 1 that I picked up into my 2 that I already have, so 3 would be my total money.

Remember these values are in hex (1,2,3...9,A,B...), so in the script 3E8 is hex for 1000, so you will get +1000 money on each pickup. You can change this if you want.

Let me know if anything changes :D
Attachments
FlyingTank.CT
(7.39 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

FoxtrotUniformCha
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [Request] ($20 Bounty) Flying Tank

Post by FoxtrotUniformCha »

You're so fast and freaking amazing! I want to keep my promise to you, please check your DMs! Updating post to Resolved status.