Game Engine:
Game Version:
Options Required: Add money, increase joker slots

Special
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [REQUEST] Balatro

Post by Special »

Does anyone got tips about this kind of game engine? Simple searches for even just "gold" value don't seem to work, I've tried 4 byte / 2 byte / double / float, etc., nadda. :/

keyboardman12
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by keyboardman12 »

Special wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:31 am
Does anyone got tips about this kind of game engine? Simple searches for even just "gold" value don't seem to work, I've tried 4 byte / 2 byte / double / float, etc., nadda. :/
Gold value is Double type

Special
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Special »

keyboardman12 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:15 am
Thanks, I must have missed something the first time because it "didn't take" when I tried before, but it works now... /mystery

vosszaa
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by vosszaa »

Special wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:24 am
keyboardman12 wrote:
Thanks, I must have missed something the first time because it "didn't take" when I tried before, but it works now... /mystery
How did you make it work? I tried "double" and i have 0 address in the end

DrStalker
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by DrStalker »

Money, hands remaining, discards remaining, and everything else I've looked for is a double including the number of jokers and max number of jokers.

If you search for the number of jokers you end up with two locations that match; if you browse the memory around them one of them will have the maximum number of jokers nearby so you can change that from 5 to something silly like 50. I've not tried this with consumables yet.

Jolundus
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Jolundus »

vosszaa wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:53 am
Special wrote:
keyboardman12 wrote:
I couldn't find it using exact value searches, but using value increased/decreased searches found it for me

ersatz
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ersatz »

vosszaa wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:53 am
Special wrote:
keyboardman12 wrote:
I can isolate money by using value type: "all".

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

The game's engine is based on Lua, you use 7Zip and right click on your game's .exe, meaning Balatro.exe and open that with 7Zip, then you'll see lots of .lua files you can change (open them with Notepad), like in game.lua if you'll search (Ctrl+F) for career_stats, there's lots of things you can modify there from all .lua files.After you've made your changes, save the thing.You can also decompress the Balatro.exe with 7Zip and make your changes and then recompress.

Vladicek
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Vladicek »

VampTY wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:00 pm
The game's engine is based on Lua, you use 7Zip and right click on your game's .exe, meaning Balatro.exe and open that with 7Zip, then you'll see lots of .lua files you can change (open them with Notepad), like in game.lua if you'll search (Ctrl+F) for career_stats, there's lots of things you can modify there from all .lua files.After you've made your changes, save the thing.You can also decompress the Balatro.exe with 7Zip and make your changes and then recompress.
I tried to change the number of dollars but it didn't affect the game at all. And yes, I saved everything.

Rancidity
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Rancidity »

Values I found were doubles. Here’s the stuff you can tweak that I’ve tested.
Although I tested with version 1.0.0i-FULL, searching with doubles haven't changed since the first demo.

Game Board
  • Score Needed
  • Round Score
  • Hands Remaining
  • Discards Remaining
  • Money Amount
  • Ante
  • Max Jokers Slot
  • Max Consumables Slot
  • Max Hand Size
Shop
  • Max Card slot
  • Card Slot Layout
  • Reroll Cost
Values I haven’t gotten round to figuring out
  • Number of Vouchers in the Shop
  • Probability Values
  • Default Hands Remaining
  • Default Discards Remaining

Kerus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Kerus »

The gold is a DOUBLE value type. But you have to search it multi times, not everytime works.

Kerus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Kerus »

VampTY wrote:
Thanks. I am here to share some editing based on your shared info.
1st, Download 7zip and backup the 'Balatro.exe'.
2nd, right click 'Balatro.exe' and open it with 7zip.
3rd, find 'game.lua' inside.
4th, find below words like these and edit it.

ORIGINAL LINES:

--Backs

b_red= {name = "Red Deck", stake = 1, unlocked = true,order = 1, pos = {x=0,y=0}, set = "Back", config = {discards = 1}, discovered = true},

MODIFIED LINES:

b_red= {name = "Red Deck", stake = 1, unlocked = true,order = 1, pos = {x=0,y=0}, set = "Back", config = {discards = 1, dollars = 99999, joker_slot = 5}, discovered = true},

You can see I added ', dollars = 99999, joker_slot = 5' behind the 'discards = 1', that means I edited the RED deck's info. I edited starting gold as 99999 and starting joker slots as +5. So you can edit other decks like this.

5th, save and exit the 7zip, then play the game.

itsn3rdy
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by itsn3rdy »

Kerus wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:36 pm
VampTY wrote:

ORIGINAL LINES:

--Backs

b_red= {name = "Red Deck", stake = 1, unlocked = true,order = 1, pos = {x=0,y=0}, set = "Back", config = {discards = 1}, discovered = true},

MODIFIED LINES:

b_red= {name = "Red Deck", stake = 1, unlocked = true,order = 1, pos = {x=0,y=0}, set = "Back", config = {discards = 1, dollars = 99999, joker_slot = 5}, discovered = true},

You can see I added ', dollars = 99999, joker_slot = 5' behind the 'discards = 1', that means I edited the RED deck's info. I edited starting gold as 99999 and starting joker slots as +5. So you can edit other decks like this.

This worked for me.

Kerus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Kerus »

itsn3rdy wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:48 pm
Kerus wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:36 pm
VampTY wrote:

ORIGINAL LINES:

--Backs

MODIFIED LINES:

This worked for me.
Yes, that's easy enough and doesn't destroy the fun of the game.