AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Lukacross
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by Lukacross »

AM2R another metroid to remake table please. their was one but its outdated and was on old forums

if you can figure out all the same options as this one i'd be greatful! :D

the missles and super missle pointers still work. everything else does not
Attachments
AM2R.CT
(8.23 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by Slade »

Energy works fine here. I'm working on this one. So far I've added:

Max Energy
Max Rockets

Fixed:

Selected Augment (seems pointless though)
Charge Beam
Hi-Jump Boots
Spring Ball

It's slow going. It's a bit of a tedious game. That and my save file corrupted somehow. I was working through the pointer scans and the game refused to reload my save. Ugh. Hopefully I'll have something in a day or so at best.

Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Slade »

Ok, I've spent near 5 hours on this game and I seem to have gotten myself stuck in one section. I really don't feel like starting all over again for the 3rd time. I have 2 things left to find:

Screw Attack

And the last item that runs across the top of the menu screen, near the rockets.

If you have a save game that's near complete, attach it to the thread and I can keep going with the cheat table.

I've attached what I have so far, if that helps you out.
Attachments
AM2R.CT
(13.1 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Slade »

Ok. Done.

You've got the following options

Code: Select all

Max / Energy
Max / Rockets
Max / Super Rockets
Max / Power Bomb
Selected Augment (not required, but left over from the original table)
Suit
Charge Beam
Ice Beam
Wave Beam
Spazer Beam
Plasma Beam
Morph Ball
Spider Ball
Spring Ball
Bombs
Power Grip
Screw Attack
Hi-Jump Boots
Space Jump
Speed Booster
X Position
Y Position
X & Y Position are useful if you just can't get beyond a barrier due to the requirements of the game, you can just shift yourself over a bit and bypass the barrier.

I tested this quite a bit, so all the locations should work on V1.1 of the game.
Attachments
AM2R.CT
(13.77 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

Lukacross
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lukacross »

Wow thanks a ton! :D

smashbro596
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by smashbro596 »

anyone have a cheat table for the community update 1.2.10?

Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Slade »

smashbro596 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 pm
anyone have a cheat table for the community update 1.2.10?
Link ?

Edit: Well this is well past 1.2.10 and now up to 1.3.2. I'll download them and if I get a chance, I'll have another look over the next few days. One thing I don't like doing is making tables for games that update every day or two. It's just not worth the effort of playing a game over and over again to find the same values, only to be changed a few days later.

smashbro596
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by smashbro596 »

don't forget to freeze the timer!

Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Slade »

smashbro596 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:25 pm
don't forget to freeze the timer!
What timer ?

Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Slade »

Table updated to 1.3.2. No timer, sorry. Too difficult to figure out without crashing the game.

Otherwise all the options are the same as the first table. The location uses a script now, to make it easier and it works better.
Attachments
AM2R1.3.2.CT
(16.63 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

The1stOne
Cheater
Cheater

Post by The1stOne »

Slade wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:37 am
Table updated to 1.3.2. No timer, sorry. Too difficult to figure out without crashing the game.

Otherwise all the options are the same as the first table. The location uses a script now, to make it easier and it works better.
This doesn't work for me at all with version 1.3.2.0. From what I can tell the base pointer seems to be off. Does it make a difference that I am in Windows 10 Pro x64? (Maybe you are running 32bit OS?).

I am also trying to learn how to fix multiple pointers myself, and I have cleared step 8 in the tutorial for Cheat Engine. But when I try it with AM2R it simply just doesn't add up. Any ideas or hints? :)

Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Slade »

The1stOne wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:22 pm
Slade wrote:

This doesn't work for me at all with version 1.3.2.0. From what I can tell the base pointer seems to be off. Does it make a difference that I am in Windows 10 Pro x64? (Maybe you are running 32bit OS?).

I am also trying to learn how to fix multiple pointers myself, and I have cleared step 8 in the tutorial for Cheat Engine. But when I try it with AM2R it simply just doesn't add up. Any ideas or hints? :)
It shouldn't make any difference which OS you're using, the table should work for a specific version of a game. Either way, I'm using Win10 64bit pro, and the table was made with a 64bit version of Cheat Engine, again, not that that makes any difference.

If there is a newer version of the game you'll have to point me to the files. I'm not going to go hunting for them again.

Edit: I still have the 1.3.2 game files, and the table works fine for me. Just to see if we've ended up with the same version, the CRC32 of my exe is 1B8212B9.

I'd be curious to see if you get the same.

The1stOne
Cheater
Cheater

Post by The1stOne »

Slade wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:50 am
The1stOne wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:22 pm
Slade wrote:

It shouldn't make any difference which OS you're using, the table should work for a specific version of a game. Either way, I'm using Win10 64bit pro, and the table was made with a 64bit version of Cheat Engine, again, not that that makes any difference.

If there is a newer version of the game you'll have to point me to the files. I'm not going to go hunting for them again.

Edit: I still have the 1.3.2 game files, and the table works fine for me. Just to see if we've ended up with the same version, the CRC32 of my exe is 1B8212B9.

I'd be curious to see if you get the same.
That is the exact same version (CRC32) as I am using!

This is what happens when I load the table in CE.

Values show up, but they are not the correct ones. And if I edit them, nothing happens.
When I look at the offset you are using for the base pointer I end up with an opcode called "adc bl,al". It should at least be something with a mov or something with a ptr?! Wish I could explain better, but I am rather noobish with all this. ;)

I have also tried to reach the base pointer myself, and tried as far as a level 7 pointer (512, 1024, 2048 struct) , but still haven't found it.

Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Slade »

Well that just weird.

Here's my game with the same table.
[Link]

And just to confirm, you are using the 1.3.2 table, right ?

I've tested a second save I have, and it works fine as well. I thought there might be a chance that different saves may produce different offsets in the game.

Here is a copy of the exe from my version. See if it works with yours and if it produces the same problematic results.
[Link]

If you could upload your current save file for me, that'd be appreciated.

Don't bother manually searching for pointers. It's not worth the effort. Use the pointer scanner, limit it to 4 levels and you should be able to easily find energy. From there the base (or first) offset is the only one that changes for the rest of the items in the game.

The1stOne
Cheater
Cheater

Post by The1stOne »

Sorry for the delay, but here are my .CT-file and my save.
Yes, I am using the 1.3.2 table, and when I tried with "your" .exe (same CRC32 as "mine") I still don't get it to work. All I get is ?? as values.

[Link]
[Link]