AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:05 am
Reputation: 4

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by Slade » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 am

Well this is getting bizarre.

I copied your save across, downloaded "your" cheat file, and it works fine.

Image


The only thing we haven't checked (well, not the only thing) is the crc32 of the data.win file. This is mine.

Image

Other than that, I honestly don't know what's going wrong.

The1stOne
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by The1stOne » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 am

I am as puzzled as you, and my data.win has the same CRC32 as yours.
I even deleted my appdata-folder to start from scratch, but still can't get it to work.

The weird thing is that I can't find the base pointer myself either. It's almost as if it changes (jumps around).
I also get this weird feeling "I must be doing something wrong!", but I am not a total beginner with CE, or programming/scripting in general, and I can't imagine what my "error" might be. I might have to borrow another computer to try on just to see if I get a different result.

Edit:
So, I tried CE 6.7 and AM2R 1.3.2 on my partners laptop (Windows 10 Pro x64) with the same .CT-file but also end up with ?? as values in CE.
i.e. I get the same result on a different computer.
Can the base pointer somehow depend on the system?

The1stOne
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by The1stOne » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:41 pm

I played around a bit with version 1.3.3 and found a base pointer that works for me on my and my partners computer.
I even found the timer for total play time. ;)
Attachments
AM2R1.3.3.CT
(55.57 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Last edited by The1stOne on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cake-san
Cheater
Cheater
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 pm
Reputation: 9

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by Cake-san » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Hmmm, gamemaker...

Try this:

Energy: [[[[[AM2R.exe+12C972]+0]+34]+10]+208]

Rocket: [[[[[AM2R.exe+12C972]+0]+34]+10]+310]

Tested on 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.3.3 version and on 2 pc...

ps : both of you, table show ?? for me :roll:

The1stOne
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by The1stOne » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Cake-san wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 pm
Hmmm, gamemaker...

Try this:

Energy: [[[[[AM2R.exe+12C972]+0]+34]+10]+208]

Rocket: [[[[[AM2R.exe+12C972]+0]+34]+10]+310]

Tested on 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.3.3 version and on 2 pc...

ps : both of you, table show ?? for me :roll:
That is just so weird! I get nothing with your base point and offsets. For real!

Cake-san
Cheater
Cheater
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 pm
Reputation: 9

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by Cake-san » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Then, how about this table ?
Attachments
AM2R.CT
(3 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

The1stOne
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by The1stOne » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Cake-san wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:07 pm
Then, how about this table ?
Yes, that seems to work. But what is really happening there? What "string" are you looking for as the base?

Cake-san
Cheater
Cheater
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 pm
Reputation: 9

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by Cake-san » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:13 am

The1stOne wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 pm
Yes, that seems to work. But what is really happening there? What "string" are you looking for as the base?
The script scan for an address of an instruction that copy the base address to a register...

The1stOne
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by The1stOne » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:33 am

Cake-san wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:13 am
The1stOne wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 pm
Yes, that seems to work. But what is really happening there? What "string" are you looking for as the base?
The script scan for an address of an instruction that copy the base address to a register...
Yes, I noticed how it scans for an "array of bytes" that it recognizes.
I'm just not entirely sure how or why that is the one to scan for?
Opcode: mov ecx,[AM2R.exe+3C96F0]
Comment: [02A81AC0]
Why is this the correct base adress?

I did some searching myself and found an opcode with a comment about kernel32 startup info or something. But I didn't quite understand it, or how to use it to set a new base adress (or the offsets). I think I get the idea about searching for an array of bytes, I just don't know which array of bytes to search for. Is there any good/easy tutorial about all this somewhere?

User avatar
Blayde
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:37 pm
Reputation: 17

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by Blayde » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:35 pm

The1stOne wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:33 am
Is there any good/easy tutorial about all this somewhere?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpNn2G ... xv2m6mrmHr

Cake-san
Cheater
Cheater
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 pm
Reputation: 9

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by Cake-san » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:59 pm

The1stOne wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:33 am
Is there any good/easy tutorial about all this somewhere?
Don't know but these might help:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic. ... 28a219cf3b

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic. ... 92982b7a75

The1stOne
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by The1stOne » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Blayde wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:35 pm
The1stOne wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:33 am
Is there any good/easy tutorial about all this somewhere?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpNn2G ... xv2m6mrmHr
I have been watching a few of these already, but thanks anyway! ;)

The1stOne
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: AM2R(another metroid 2 remake)

Post by The1stOne » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Cake-san wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:59 pm
The1stOne wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:33 am
Is there any good/easy tutorial about all this somewhere?
Don't know but these might help:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic. ... 28a219cf3b

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic. ... 92982b7a75
Thoe two topics were new for me, since they are hard to spot on the name of the subject for the thread(s). I found some tips there that I haven't seen or tried before, and will take some time in the days to gome to dwell deeper into it. Thanks!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kadaji