Dominions 6

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
CannonFodder
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Dominions 6

Post by CannonFodder »

Did anyone get luck finding the addresses of commanders' magic empowerment?
I tried all approaches I can think of, found only fake byte type addresses, whose value will change back when turn pass.

TotalAbsolutism
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by TotalAbsolutism »

6.00: Dominions6.exe+3DE43F48
6.01: Dominions6.exe+3DE44208
6.03: Dominions6.exe+3DE45008
6.02: Dominions6.exe+3DE43DA8
6.04: Dominions6.exe+3DEB61C8

I don't know if there's any sort of useful pattern for why it changes, but that's the latest one added.

ricky1090
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ricky1090 »

CannonFodder wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:35 am
I tried all approaches I can think of, found only fake byte type addresses, whose value will change back when turn pass.
Dude, I've tried since Dominions 5 came out. Not even partial success. I'm surprised you were able to obtain the research values and get them to stick.

Sakuraba Izayoi
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Sakuraba Izayoi »

CannonFodder wrote:
My suggestion is to make a simple mod.
Add the magic you need (summon generals) and equipment to improve attributes.
--
like this:

#newitem
#copyitem 430 -- the flying ship -- id rechecked!
#name "Blessing flying ship"
#descr "This golden ship is able to grow and shrink whenever it is needed. The owner of the ship will be able to fly across the land with an entire army."
#constlevel 6
#mainpath 3
#mainlevel 2
#nomovepen
#magicboost 9 3
#magicboost 53 1
#autospell "Divine Blessing"
#bless
#extralife
#fly
#guardspiritbonus 100
#mapspeed 28
#incunrest -100
#noagingland 100
#autohealer 100
#autodishealer 100
#itemcost1 -20
#end

CannonFodder
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by CannonFodder »

How to obtain the item myself while prevent AI from obtaining it?

Arkiuz
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Arkiuz »

CannonFodder wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:05 am
How to obtain the item myself while prevent AI from obtaining it?
You can stack spell ranks to 99 with the cannon_fodder script posted earlier. With that, you can basically 1-8 Construction in a few turns and craft game changing items early.

CannonFodder
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by CannonFodder »

I know I can research all paths to max in 1 turn.
But I want to prevent AI from obtaining it forever and for sure.

vin3
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by vin3 »

CannonFodder wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:26 am
First you make your item constlevel 12, cursed and nofind. Meaning the AI won't build it and won't find it after battle, nor will it be removable by your commanders.

Code: Select all

#selectitem 991
#bestowtomount
#copyitem 363 -- Amulet of the Fish
#copyspr 363 -- Amulet of the Fish
#type 8
#name "Sacred Garland"
#descr "This is a cheat item."
#spell "Gateway"
#constlevel 12
#magicboost 53 1
#magicboost 9 1
#fastcast 100
#allrange 4
#fixforgebonus 4
#addupkeep -10000
#pen 1
#researchbonus 6
#autospellrepeat 1
#autohealer 100
#recuperation
#nofind
#cursed
#bless
#waterbreathing
#end
Then to enchance it you can add like 10 events to give it automatically to your commanders and 10 events to kill commanders wearing the item that aren't from your nation. Usually you make more than 1 event because the events fire once per province (per target) when using rarity 5 events.

These are the events, you can also add some (like 5) events with req_pregame 1 which will work on your starting commanders from turn 1.

#newevent
#req_fornation 54 --MA ERMOR
#rarity 5
#nation 54 --MA ERMOR
#req_pop0ok
#req_targnoitem 991
#msg "Give Item [Sacred Garland]"
#addequip 9
#notext
#nolog
#end

#newevent
#req_notfornation 54 --MA ERMOR
#rarity 5
#req_pop0ok
#req_targitem 991
#msg "Kill Item Bearer [Sacred Garland]"
#poison 999
#nolog
#end
The best option for empowerment or making mages stronger is probably putting a #magicboost on your item that gets auto distributed. Magicboost 53 will enchance all paths that aren't holy, and magicboost 9 is for holy magic.

I suppose you could also use req_ai 0 / req_ai 1 for events involving automatic distribution of items...

NOTE: event for killing commanders is for when AI gets lucky with charm or similiar magic, and they steal your commander with his item slots. If that situation is okay for you, you can get rid of the event for killing commanders with your item.

More info in [Link] and [Link].

vin3
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by vin3 »

Also, here is the table for gem + gold edition for Dominions 6.04
Attachments
Dominions6_04.CT
(277.46 KiB) Downloaded 404 times

Testify
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Testify »

vin3 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:50 am
CannonFodder wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:26 am
First you make your item constlevel 12, cursed and nofind. Meaning the AI won't build it and won't find it after battle, nor will it be removable by your commanders.
Spoiler

#selectitem 991
#bestowtomount
#copyitem 363 -- Amulet of the Fish
#copyspr 363 -- Amulet of the Fish
#type 8
#name "Sacred Garland"
#descr "This is a cheat item."
#spell "Gateway"
#constlevel 12
#magicboost 53 1
#magicboost 9 1
#fastcast 100
#allrange 4
#fixforgebonus 4
#addupkeep -10000
#pen 1
#researchbonus 6
#autospellrepeat 1
#autohealer 100
#recuperation
#nofind
#cursed
#bless
#waterbreathing
#end
Then to enchance it you can add like 10 events to give it automatically to your commanders and 10 events to kill commanders wearing the item that aren't from your nation. Usually you make more than 1 event because the events fire once per province (per target) when using rarity 5 events.

These are the events, you can also add some (like 5) events with req_pregame 1 which will work on your starting commanders from turn 1.

#newevent
#req_fornation 54 --MA ERMOR
#rarity 5
#nation 54 --MA ERMOR
#req_pop0ok
#req_targnoitem 991
#msg "Give Item [Sacred Garland]"
#addequip 9
#notext
#nolog
#end

#newevent
#req_notfornation 54 --MA ERMOR
#rarity 5
#req_pop0ok
#req_targitem 991
#msg "Kill Item Bearer [Sacred Garland]"
#poison 999
#nolog
#end
The best option for empowerment or making mages stronger is probably putting a #magicboost on your item that gets auto distributed. Magicboost 53 will enchance all paths that aren't holy, and magicboost 9 is for holy magic.

I suppose you could also use req_ai 0 / req_ai 1 for events involving automatic distribution of items...

NOTE: event for killing commanders is for when AI gets lucky with charm or similiar magic, and they steal your commander with his item slots. If that situation is okay for you, you can get rid of the event for killing commanders with your item.

More info in [Link] and [Link].

could you explain how exactly one would use this? i tried following the instructions from the manual and got the text files placed they show ingame in the mod menu but say Buggy, and i can not seem to find the cheat item in game to craft? thanks for the help and your time.

Also thanks a ton for your Table for 6.03 CannonFodder the parts that work like research and 99 magic level are great! if you could do the same for 6.04 that would be sweet!

vin3
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by vin3 »

Testify wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:06 pm
could you explain how exactly one would use this? i tried following the instructions from the manual and got the text files placed they show ingame in the mod menu but say Buggy, and i can not seem to find the cheat item in game to craft? thanks for the help and your time.
Hi, I send an example mod with few goodies: akashic knowledge from level 0 conj research and costing no gems, automatic site in capital that gives you lots of free blesses, and the overpowered item that is automatically assigned to your commanders.

Password is vin3.

You need to create a catalogue in %APPDATA%/Roaming/Dominions 6/ with the same name as your modname, and put the .dm file inside of it.

Then you can find your mod inside "Mods" menu of Dominions 6.

The only thing you have to do in order to use my example mod (preferably in notepad++, but other editors should also work) is to search and replace all occurences of <NATION_NUMBER> --<NATION_NAME> with your own.

There's a function called "Search and Replace" after you click CTRL+F in Notepad++.
For example if you play MA Xibalba, you replace all occurences of 54 --MA ERMOR with 74 --MA XIBALBA

You can find nation numbers in mod manual or Dominions 6 Mod Inspector.

You shouldn't worry about crafting the item, if you replaced all occurences of nation_id correctly then you should get it auto assigned to your commanders. It's const level 12, so it's unresearchable and uncraftable.

Modding is quite powerful in this game for SP, mostly anything that can be done with CE tables can also be done with the right mods...

Anyways, I don't like answering modding questions on CE forum, if you have any further questions not related to CE tables please send me a PM.
Attachments
vin3.zip
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

CannonFodder
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by CannonFodder »

Testify wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:06 pm
Also thanks a ton for your Table for 6.03 CannonFodder the parts that work like research and 99 magic level are great! if you could do the same for 6.04 that would be sweet!
I tried to design the script to work for many versions.
If it doesn't, I can't help because there is no 6.04 version available for download right now.

Arkiuz
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Arkiuz »

New patch broke things.

EugZelin
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by EugZelin »

CannonFodder wrote:
Personally i found a way to change permanently the values which was somewhat special because when you end a turn the values start by getting set to 0 then set to the number for the next turn (maybe repeating multiple time during the loading of the next turn), what i did was simply changing the value after the first time the values were set to 0 THEN set to the good values again (it's very important to set the values you want when the value isn't at 0 because when i did the game simply crashed) and after that simply wait and the value should be permanent and usable from the next turn.

(I used that method since dominions 5 and it also seems to work for dominions 6 after a test.)

vin3
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by vin3 »

Dominions 6.06 table for GOLD + GEM edition.
Attachments
Dominions6_06.ct
(347.25 KiB) Downloaded 455 times