Request for GOG Ghost Master -

Unlimited Plasm bank / Power bar :geek:

Schnitzelmaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Ghost Master

Post by Schnitzelmaker »

From old Forum. Created by Csimbi.

I bought this gem on GOG.com a while ago, I and finally had time to play it.
Here's a table I created for it again.

While it is an AOB table, chances are good that it won't work with other versions as this game uses a lot of global variables. If you can't enable the script, you won't be able to use it.
Anyway, the version number of the binary in the GOG.com release is 1.0.20.4 and its size is 5451849. If this is what you see, you're surely good to go. It includes the Class Of Spook 'Em High which was available only for the UK edition earlier; it might be the same version but since I don't have that one, I cannot confirm.

The table includes a bunch of in-game hacks and Ghoul-house hacks. Please note that Ghoul-house hacks are permanent without any way to restore the previous state, so if you want to experiment first, back up your save.

The in-game hacks are as follows:
- Minimum plasm pool; The plasm pool is calculated in real time based on the state of the mortals. In the beginning, the value will typically be small (if not 0). This option is meant to increase the value to fMinimumPlasmPool if need be.
- Pool multiplier; Your plasm pool (or, fMinimumPlasmPool if need be when your pool is too small) is multiplied with fPoolMultiplier. Note: there seems to be a built-in limiter, so you won't be able to go too high.
- Plasm use diabler; this disables the plasm use for deployed ghosts, so you can place as many of them as you like. Note: A single ghost's plasm or its individual power band requirement still needs to fit into the pool (which should not be a big deal) in order to use it.
- Power cycle accelerator; once a ghost used a power, it starts a recycle timer for the power. This options allows recycling the powers faster by multiplying the regeneration rate with fPowerCycleAcceleration. Note: Keep mind that too fast regeneration might cause a ghost never to use some of its powers (as AI will choose the best available power).
- Hover tweaks; this allows tweaking a mortal's terror, madness and belief values. Hover the mouse over the mortal (preferably the mortal's icon, so it can't walk away) and press the q/a, w/s or e/d keys to change the values up/down. Most of the time you can see the bars moving, in some cases you need to move the mouse away and back. There are no min/max checks, so don't go below 0 at least (might cause loosing the game in case the pool goes into negative before my code even fires). Once a mortal lost his mind or is running away in terror, decreasing the values won't change anything - they are gone for good.
- Ghost effectiveness scale; this allows you to scale the magnitude of the effects your ghosts make on the mortals (when there's an actual change). There's a global value and three separate values for terror, madness and belief. This is a good way to tweak things depending on the goals of the mission.

The ghoul house hacks are as follows:
- Free purchases; you can buy any power for free; you don't even need the gold plasm to do so.
- Fetter manager; allows you to toggle the 'inside' and 'outside' fetter on and off for any creature. I figured these two would allow placement anywhere in a scenario, so I did not bother with the other fetters. Find a ghost you want changed, press and hold the i or the o key and click on the ghost. You won't be seeing the change on the next screen just yet (even though it's there); close the screen or open the ghost's epitaph and then you'll see it.
- Power manager; allows you to shuffle around a ghost's power to another. Pick a power you want changed and remember its level. Press and hold the corresponding function key (e.g. F1 for changing the level 1 power), and click on the button that opens the power menu of the ghost (this is the menu where you upgrade your powers). Repeat until you see the power you want. Notes: The powers cannot change levels; that's just the way the game is designed. Some powers have duplicates: Leak, Fluster, Shattered Nerves, Phobia, Tremor, Distant Thunder, Thunderclap; these duplicates are always the second in the cycle list, so you can avoid them in case they cause problems. I also found a level 7 power called Grave Stalk that none of the ghosts had; I did not try it yet; you might want to cycle over this if you see it.
- Power enabler; some ghosts are limited to level 6, 8 or 9. This one allows you to enable level 10 powers for any ghost. Hold F12 when you click on the power button that opens the power menu (this is the menu where you upgrade your powers) and a few powers I hand-picked will be enabled. Note: be sure to fill up all available power bands with powers before using this; you won't be able to fill them up after this!

All options are enabled by default. Use the Boolean values to turn things on (1) or off (0), or, the numbers to tweak the script to your liking. Edit the script to make those changes permanent.

Well, that's it, enjoy; now you can tailor your ghosts to your liking at will.

Edit:
The fetter changes do not seem to stick.
I'm going to have to have another stab at it next time I play this game.
For now I am done; if anyone interested in developing the script(s) further, I attached my dev table for reference.
Also, here's some info on the fetter bits in case you need them:
Code:

Code: Select all

0 (    1): Electricity 
 1 (    2): Mirror 
 2 (    4): Air 
 3 (    8): Fire 
 4 (   16): Water 
 5 (   32): Corpse 
 6 (   64): Child 
 7 (  128): Inside 
 8 (  256): Earth