Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX) Master Collection

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Blakeyboy90
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX) Master Collection

Post by Blakeyboy90 »

Is a cheat table for these games possible at all? I'd like to play through them but find them pretty tough tbh and just would like to blitz through them. Not found much online so not sure with the emulation how much is possible. I'd love a ghost mode personally!

username69
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX) Master Collection

Post by username69 »

I don't know if this'll work, but this is for the Master Collection MSX MG1 (aka: the version you would get from the HD collection), as the table shows, the values are 4bytes. Simple lose health, ammo for the weapons and do a search if the values do not populate. The health value may take a little bit as it was a LOT of values for unknown, but given the pointer address you should be able to find it(from what I remember the initial start-game value is "25" if that helps).

Now that I know the MSX is a 4byte on this, it should be possible to do a similar "find the value and then search in memory" for MG2.
Attachments
MetalGearMSXMasterCollection.CT
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

username69
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX) Master Collection

Post by username69 »

username69 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:03 am
Now that I know the MSX is a 4byte on this, it should be possible to do a similar "find the value and then search in memory" for MG2.
Case in point, here is MG2. That said, again: I'm not sure if these will work for anyone else. You'll have to find the values, which are 4bytes. I'd suggest doing health first and getting the weapons as you need. I'm sure someone else can find the item list, but this should help you complete the game.
Attachments
MetalGear2SolidSnakeMSXMasterCollection.CT
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 95 times