[Request] Star Ocean The Second Story R for Ryujinx/Yuzu

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
elphaba9876
Noobzor
Noobzor

[Request] Star Ocean The Second Story R for Ryujinx/Yuzu

Post by elphaba9876 »

putting in a request for this game specifcally for Ryujinx/Yuzu emulators features wanted party editor, god mode, drop all items bp sp modifiers as well as exp modifiers. recruitable party members that have joined if anyone can think of anything else post your thoughts

elphaba9876
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: [Request] Star Ocean The Second Story R for Ryujinx/Yuzu

Post by elphaba9876 »

or has anyone found cheats for the emulated versions?

niceOnline
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by niceOnline »

Ryujinx cheats are annoying to make since the memory reshuffles every time you launch the game. The easy to find addresses/functions like money and character stats are usually used as an anchor to recalculate the other addresses between cheating/play sessions.

I managed to add a character to my party, but after relaunching the emulator and recalculating the addresses, things like "who is party leader" and "whos in battle slot X" get all messed up.

its really easy to find the money, SP/BP and character stats though. They are all located (for me) in addresses that start with 3. Things like money and stats have their value copied to different menus, so when you search them up there will also be addresses that start with 2. those addresses read from the "real" value (e.g. the one with a 3 value).

If you want to add a character to your party, make the battle party less than 4. Each character has a very simple static identifier starting from 1 with Claude=1, Rena, Celine, Bowman, Dias, Percis, Ashton, Leon, Opera, Ernest, Noel, Chisato, and Welch=13. To start your search Claude and Rena (who are 1 and 2) are probably the worst. Anyways, put a character in the right most slot and scan ryujinx for the exact value of the character in that slot. So if you put Opera in the right most slot, then search for 9. After that search, move a different character into the right most slot and search for that exact number. E.g. move Claude into the right most slot and search for 1.

At this point you probably have like ~10 addresses left. Press right shoulder button to expand the active party +1 (e.g. if it was 3 during your search it will be 4 after you press R). This will change 3 of the addresses left to 0. take the highest address there (probably the only one which starts with 3) and change that to be the character you want. Say you're like me and you forgot to do visit the crashed ship before going to Hoffman ruins... you could put 10 in there to get Ernest.

Do not put a value lower than 1 or higher than 13 into this address, as it will crash the game on any menu. I'm not sure what happens if you try to add more than 8 characters to your party. Maybe you can, idk.

I have no interest in god mode, item, stat, BP or SP cheats tbh. I just wanted to fix my party, so that's what I did. If you've never made your own cheats, its honestly super easy. Especially something like Money -- just go to a vendor and sell/buy cheap stuff while searching for exact values. You'll find the money address in no time. then you can use that same strategy to find stats, SP/BP etc.

Just remember -- sometimes you'll see multiple values. the ones in the higher value memory addresses are the "real" ones. Stats like Attack are made up of 2 stats -- a base number and a total number (your base + equipment bonuses). if you just change the total number it will get recalculated when you change equipment/the game runs the code to check what your total attack should be.

frankieyim
Cheater
Cheater

Post by frankieyim »

niceOnline wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:59 am
Ryujinx cheats are annoying to make since the memory reshuffles every time you launch the game. The easy to find addresses/functions like money and character stats are usually used as an anchor to recalculate the other addresses between cheating/play sessions.

I managed to add a character to my party, but after relaunching the emulator and recalculating the addresses, things like "who is party leader" and "whos in battle slot X" get all messed up.

its really easy to find the money, SP/BP and character stats though. They are all located (for me) in addresses that start with 3. Things like money and stats have their value copied to different menus, so when you search them up there will also be addresses that start with 2. those addresses read from the "real" value (e.g. the one with a 3 value).

If you want to add a character to your party, make the battle party less than 4. Each character has a very simple static identifier starting from 1 with Claude=1, Rena, Celine, Bowman, Dias, Percis, Ashton, Leon, Opera, Ernest, Noel, Chisato, and Welch=13. To start your search Claude and Rena (who are 1 and 2) are probably the worst. Anyways, put a character in the right most slot and scan ryujinx for the exact value of the character in that slot. So if you put Opera in the right most slot, then search for 9. After that search, move a different character into the right most slot and search for that exact number. E.g. move Claude into the right most slot and search for 1.

At this point you probably have like ~10 addresses left. Press right shoulder button to expand the active party +1 (e.g. if it was 3 during your search it will be 4 after you press R). This will change 3 of the addresses left to 0. take the highest address there (probably the only one which starts with 3) and change that to be the character you want. Say you're like me and you forgot to do visit the crashed ship before going to Hoffman ruins... you could put 10 in there to get Ernest.

Do not put a value lower than 1 or higher than 13 into this address, as it will crash the game on any menu. I'm not sure what happens if you try to add more than 8 characters to your party. Maybe you can, idk.

I have no interest in god mode, item, stat, BP or SP cheats tbh. I just wanted to fix my party, so that's what I did. If you've never made your own cheats, its honestly super easy. Especially something like Money -- just go to a vendor and sell/buy cheap stuff while searching for exact values. You'll find the money address in no time. then you can use that same strategy to find stats, SP/BP etc.

Just remember -- sometimes you'll see multiple values. the ones in the higher value memory addresses are the "real" ones. Stats like Attack are made up of 2 stats -- a base number and a total number (your base + equipment bonuses). if you just change the total number it will get recalculated when you change equipment/the game runs the code to check what your total attack should be.

would you can teach me how to modify the SP points? because i cannot search or modify it successful by cheat engine..thanks