PronKill wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:00 am
PinkCloud wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:26 pm
Jssbj wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:22 pm
gold can be edited via changing it in a save file in hexeditor
Where is the save file though?
Win+R, type "appdata", click Enter or OK button, Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Backpack Battles. There will be continue.save

Or C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Backpack Battles
Ay thanks dude <3

brimstonse
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [Request] Backpack Battles Demo

Post by brimstonse »

PronKill wrote:
PinkCloud wrote:
Jssbj wrote:
Win+R, type "appdata", click Enter or OK button, Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Backpack Battles. There will be continue.save

Please elaborate further.
I found the save file and have a hex editor, but I don't know, which values I'm supposed to change.
Thank you in advance!

PinkCloud
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by PinkCloud »

brimstonse wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:10 am
PronKill wrote:
PinkCloud wrote:

I found the save file and have a hex editor, but I don't know, which values I'm supposed to change.
Thank you in advance!
You can edit most of the files in that directory. I'm pretty sure you can edit the backpack.cfg for buying skins etc but what I do is just start the game- begin a run and then go to that save directory and you'll see continue.save- load that into a hex editor, look for the words gold in hex and skip 4 bytes. After skipping 4 bytes you'll see your gold value represented in hex. You're able to change it to anything and then just save the continue.save file.

im using some online hex editor to do it- you can skip 0x1A0 (416) bytes into the file and you'll find your gold value.
For this to actually work you need to reload the save or restart the game after applying the changes.

You can change gold, wins, loses, stamina etc. Pretty much everything.

Pic explaining how to change gold:
Spoiler

If you still cant figure it out lmk ill explain in even more detail.

brimstonse
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by brimstonse »

PinkCloud wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:08 pm
brimstonse wrote:
PronKill wrote:

Thank you in advance!
You can edit most of the files in that directory. I'm pretty sure you can edit the backpack.cfg for buying skins etc but what I do is just start the game- begin a run and then go to that save directory and you'll see continue.save- load that into a hex editor, look for the words gold in hex and skip 4 bytes. After skipping 4 bytes you'll see your gold value represented in hex. You're able to change it to anything and then just save the continue.save file.

im using some online hex editor to do it- you can skip 0x1A0 (416) bytes into the file and you'll find your gold value.
For this to actually work you need to reload the save or restart the game after applying the changes.

Spoiler

Ok. Thank you a lot for the explanation! Love you for that! ❤️

Caramujo
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Caramujo »

PinkCloud wrote:
brimstonse wrote:
PronKill wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Spoiler

Hey, so, I did as you showed in the picture, saved the file and restarted the game, but the gold value ingame did not change, and when I did anything like buying or refreshing the shop, and opened the save file again, it had been changed back to what vallue was in the game, if you can help, it would be much appreciated.

PinkCloud
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by PinkCloud »

Caramujo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:43 am
PinkCloud wrote:
brimstonse wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Spoiler

Hey, so, I did as you showed in the picture, saved the file and restarted the game, but the gold value ingame did not change, and when I did anything like buying or refreshing the shop, and opened the save file again, it had been changed back to what vallue was in the game, if you can help, it would be much appreciated.
Not sure what the issue could be then. I mean unless you're switching accounts in-between that it should still work. I just recorded a short vid of how to do it, idk which website to upload it to (dont wanna use yt) but here is the vid:

[Link]
(If anyone has a better place to upload the vid lmk)

This works for both unranked and ranked games.
I used the site [Link] to read/write to the file but any hex editor should be fine.
lmk if that helps <3 <3

Caramujo
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Caramujo »

PinkCloud wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:45 pm
Caramujo wrote:
PinkCloud wrote:

Spoiler

Not sure what the issue could be then. I mean unless you're switching accounts in-between that it should still work. I just recorded a short vid of how to do it, idk which website to upload it to (dont wanna use yt) but here is the vid:

[Link]

I used the site [Link] to read/write to the file but any hex editor should be fine.
lmk if that helps <3 <3
I figured what I was doing wrong, I was not exporting the new save file and then replacing the old one with the new one, I was simply hiting "save" and calling it a day, now it works. Thank you very much for your help.

johntails2
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by johntails2 »

small table with:

[Inf Gold](Enable the script, make a purchase/sale, and then disable it.)
[Some stat. editor] (HP/Stam./Healing., for both player and enemy)
Attachments
BackpackBattles_0.6.4c.CT
Demo v0.6.4c
(48.71 KiB) Downloaded 1177 times
BackpackBattles_v0.5.6.CT
Demo v0.5.6c
(10.24 KiB) Downloaded 886 times
Last edited by johntails2 on Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonedeath
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Anonedeath »

Is it possible to add Unique items (green items) chance multiplier? cause it seems unlike all rarities 20% unique items is like less than 1%

evir
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by evir »

Some global variables table :P :P
BackpackBattles_0.6.1.CT
(5.33 KiB) Downloaded 753 times

FalcoFrost
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by FalcoFrost »

PronKill wrote:
PinkCloud wrote:
Jssbj wrote:

Does it still work for you? For me it doesnt let me continue the game after editing the save

bikeindispute
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by bikeindispute »

Caramujo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:32 am
PinkCloud wrote:
Caramujo wrote:

[Link]

lmk if that helps <3 <3
I figured what I was doing wrong, I was not exporting the new save file and then replacing the old one with the new one, I was simply hiting "save" and calling it a day, now it works. Thank you very much for your help.
What does that mean? what's the difference between saving and exporting?

Btw can anyone test this method, I think it's been patched.

yuuHan Micu
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by yuuHan Micu »

brimstonse wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:12 am
PinkCloud wrote:
brimstonse wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Spoiler

Ok. Thank you a lot for the explanation! Love you for that! ❤️
How do you change the rating? (bronze, silver etc.)

Caramujo
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Caramujo »

bikeindispute wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:18 pm
Caramujo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:32 am
PinkCloud wrote:

[Link]

lmk if that helps <3 <3
What does that mean? what's the difference between saving and exporting?

Btw can anyone test this method, I think it's been patched.
When you just hit the "save" button, the app will try to overwrite the file by itself, which I don't know why, doesn't work, so you have to save the new save file in any other place you choose (export) and the manually put it in the game folder, overwriting the old save file. I don't know about the patch tho, will test it