What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [Request] Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection 1+2

Post by Rabbid4240 »

flamefury wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:03 am
wepon1984 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:10 am
Update 17: Added scripts to scan for the starting base address for both Game Collections. This should hopefully help make it easier to fight against any updates that Capcom makes to the game.

Note: Not sure I'm going to be able to find much else for MMBNLC2 since the anti-cheat coding is very annoying to get around, especially with MMBN4
Previous Updates
Update 16: Fixed up the table for MMBNLC2, haven't fully checked everything but it should be working now

Update 15: Did a quick pointer update for MMBNLC1. More time will be needed for updating the table for MMBNLC2 as the pointer structures has all changed.

Update 14: Update script for MMNB4, hopefully this will make it work more of the time Also Added Double Soul code.

Update 13: Update script for MMNB4, hopefully this will make it work more of the time. Added HP under the scan script. Erased invalid wind chips from MMNB4 dropdownlist.

Update 12: Finally got around to working on MMNB4 again. Fixed the Chip Droplist for MMBN4 for missing chips and chips that were incorrect. Added an AOBScan script that can hopefully find the chip list and subchips every time it is run. There is still anti-cheat coding that prevents you from changing qtys for any chips not in your library, so make sure you have it in your library or risk breaking your save.

Update 11:Added Chip Droplist for MMBN 2 & 3. Updated Chip Names for MMBN 4 list.

Update 10: Fixed up some of the pointers for MMBN 5 & 6. Also added Battle Drop codes for both MMBN 5 & 6 and the corresponding Chip / Bug Frag / Zenny lists.

Update 9: Added some more stuff for Style address in MMBN3

Update 8: Added Crossover Points for MMBN5 & 6. Also added Beast Out Turns for MMBN6

Update 7: Added a bunch of codes for all MMBN games.

MMBN 1:
Steps Since Last Battle, set to 0 for very low chance of battle
Invincible in Battle
Custom Gauge
Busting Level

MMBN 2 & 3 & 5 & 6:
Sneak Run Duration
Invincible in Battle
Custom Gauge
Busting Level

MMBN 4:
Invincible in Battle
Custom Gauge
Busting Level

Update 6: Added Subchips, BugFrags, Style, and P.A Notes code address for MMBN 2 & 3. Also added Navi Customizer Blocks for MMBN3.

Update 5: Updated Drop code for MMBN4. Now includes section for second possible drop, number of drops, and values for Bug Frags and Zenny's. Just make sure to freeze the values before battle ends.

Update 4: Added Chip List of MMBN6. Changes only work when you are NOT in any menus or battle. Saving any changes will also update the library.

Update 3: Added Chip List of MMBN5. Changes only work when you are NOT in any menus or battle. Saving any changes will also update the library.

Update 2:Added something for MMBN4. This game seems to have some very severe CRC checks so the best method I could find to add Chips is by modifying what chip drops at the end of battle.

This needs to be tested by other people as it seems like the Emulator the game runs on seems to always grab the same set of addresses for the game. Trying to find pointers for the address seems to return 0 results for me, so hopefully someone has better luck finding it. Otherwise if the address or the way the emulator works changes, the code will stop working.

Update 1:Added Chip List for MMBN 3.
To update library changes you will need to get a new Chip. A
Any changes to qty for chips not in your Library will cause the savefile to Break, so make sure to update the Library first

Here's some stuff for the Chip Library for MMBN1 & 2.
MMBN3 will take some time as the game keeps crashing and breaking when I play with the code.
Looks like the script needs to be updated again. The latest update removed Denuvo ([Link]), which I think made the base address finding script not work.

Toying around (because I'm not that good at this sorta thing yet), I was able to make the LC2 table work again by just scanning from 0 to 7FFFFFFFF, which is probably not efficient, but it works so I'll take it.

Thankfully, the tables don't need to be modified from what I can tell. I've uploaded my minor modification, but if you come up with a better one, by all means. Thanks so much for the initial CTs! Really saved a lot of headaches.
Can you make a version that works with LC1 please?

lifein6thgear
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by lifein6thgear »

How to fix "Error while scanning AOB's : MMBNLC1_serchedAOB1 Error: Not All results found"

afriendlyirin
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by afriendlyirin »

Rabbid4240 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:11 am
My revision on the previous page should work.
lifein6thgear wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:08 pm
How to fix "Error while scanning AOB's : MMBNLC1_serchedAOB1 Error: Not All results found"
That typically means the script searched too narrow of a band and can't find the new location of the base address. Try opening the script and expanding the range of memory addresses searched.

Ezee03
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Ezee03 »

flamefury wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:03 am
wepon1984 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:10 am
Update 17: Added scripts to scan for the starting base address for both Game Collections. This should hopefully help make it easier to fight against any updates that Capcom makes to the game.

Note: Not sure I'm going to be able to find much else for MMBNLC2 since the anti-cheat coding is very annoying to get around, especially with MMBN4
Previous Updates
Update 16: Fixed up the table for MMBNLC2, haven't fully checked everything but it should be working now

Update 15: Did a quick pointer update for MMBNLC1. More time will be needed for updating the table for MMBNLC2 as the pointer structures has all changed.

Update 14: Update script for MMNB4, hopefully this will make it work more of the time Also Added Double Soul code.

Update 13: Update script for MMNB4, hopefully this will make it work more of the time. Added HP under the scan script. Erased invalid wind chips from MMNB4 dropdownlist.

Update 12: Finally got around to working on MMNB4 again. Fixed the Chip Droplist for MMBN4 for missing chips and chips that were incorrect. Added an AOBScan script that can hopefully find the chip list and subchips every time it is run. There is still anti-cheat coding that prevents you from changing qtys for any chips not in your library, so make sure you have it in your library or risk breaking your save.

Update 11:Added Chip Droplist for MMBN 2 & 3. Updated Chip Names for MMBN 4 list.

Update 10: Fixed up some of the pointers for MMBN 5 & 6. Also added Battle Drop codes for both MMBN 5 & 6 and the corresponding Chip / Bug Frag / Zenny lists.

Update 9: Added some more stuff for Style address in MMBN3

Update 8: Added Crossover Points for MMBN5 & 6. Also added Beast Out Turns for MMBN6

Update 7: Added a bunch of codes for all MMBN games.

MMBN 1:
Invincible in Battle
Custom Gauge
Busting Level

MMBN 2 & 3 & 5 & 6:
Sneak Run Duration
Invincible in Battle
Custom Gauge
Busting Level

MMBN 4:
Invincible in Battle
Custom Gauge
Busting Level

Update 6: Added Subchips, BugFrags, Style, and P.A Notes code address for MMBN 2 & 3. Also added Navi Customizer Blocks for MMBN3.

Update 5: Updated Drop code for MMBN4. Now includes section for second possible drop, number of drops, and values for Bug Frags and Zenny's. Just make sure to freeze the values before battle ends.

Update 4: Added Chip List of MMBN6. Changes only work when you are NOT in any menus or battle. Saving any changes will also update the library.

Update 3: Added Chip List of MMBN5. Changes only work when you are NOT in any menus or battle. Saving any changes will also update the library.

Update 2:Added something for MMBN4. This game seems to have some very severe CRC checks so the best method I could find to add Chips is by modifying what chip drops at the end of battle.

This needs to be tested by other people as it seems like the Emulator the game runs on seems to always grab the same set of addresses for the game. Trying to find pointers for the address seems to return 0 results for me, so hopefully someone has better luck finding it. Otherwise if the address or the way the emulator works changes, the code will stop working.

Update 1:Added Chip List for MMBN 3.
To update library changes you will need to get a new Chip. A
Any changes to qty for chips not in your Library will cause the savefile to Break, so make sure to update the Library first

Here's some stuff for the Chip Library for MMBN1 & 2.
MMBN3 will take some time as the game keeps crashing and breaking when I play with the code.
Looks like the script needs to be updated again. The latest update removed Denuvo ([Link]), which I think made the base address finding script not work.

Toying around (because I'm not that good at this sorta thing yet), I was able to make the LC2 table work again by just scanning from 0 to 7FFFFFFFF, which is probably not efficient, but it works so I'll take it.

Thankfully, the tables don't need to be modified from what I can tell. I've uploaded my minor modification, but if you come up with a better one, by all means. Thanks so much for the initial CTs! Really saved a lot of headaches.
Hey thanks for that, could you make one that works with LC1 (BN 1/2/3) as the new update blocks the ones we have now, thanks buddy!!

Ezee03
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Ezee03 »

afriendlyirin wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:05 pm
Rabbid4240 wrote:
My revision on the previous page should work.
lifein6thgear wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:08 pm
That typically means the script searched too narrow of a band and can't find the new location of the base address. Try opening the script and expanding the range of memory addresses searched.
for some reason the one you posted doesnt seem to work

japantea
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by japantea »

afriendlyirin wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:38 pm
I updated wepon1984's table. I fixed the search script, added the letter codes to the chip list cheats, and added addresses for HP and current area (if you want to try teleporting). Couldn't find level though; I assume that's derived from PowerUps and HPMemorys used rather than a hard value.

(The area list for MMBN1 is incomplete; since there's no area indicator in the menu I would have to manually enter every area and I am not doing that.)

Is there a central repository or wiki we can add these tables to?

Update 4: Added encounter controller for MMBN3. List doesn't include literally every encounter because I'm not completely insane, but it does have values for all V3 Navis up to DrillMan as well as some rare viruses. (If you feel like completing the list for whatever reason, values are always spaced 8 apart and generally follow the order encounters are listed on the Rockman.EXE Zone.) Also added active program and bug addresses, so you can force Press and Energy Change to be always active (hallelujah).
Previous updates
Update 3: Completed library and added chip codes for MMBN3. Area list now disallows manual input.

Update 2: Updated the base address search script to search a broader range. MMBN3 area list now includes the Secret Net areas and a warning that forcibly changing the area data to any Undernet area will crash the game. I also fixed a few of the NaviCust block addresses that were named incorrectly.

Update 1: Added an area list for MMBN3, but it's still missing a few of the postgame areas. I also discovered that the library list was backwards; for some reason, the upper bits correspond to earlier library entries. Details are hard to suss out though due to the library glitching out when tampered with. I tried investigating why the library breaks when manually altered, but I don't think I'm a good enough coder to figure it out; some relevant addresses I found are listed in the "Debug" section.
I'm in the process of leveling my styles in BN3 and used the table here. I've managed to level up every style except Shadow in BN3. Did updates jumble some addresses that require some updates? Thanks!

Ezee03
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Ezee03 »

Hey everyone, can someone add all chips for switch version? thankyou!!!

PrinnyHero
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by PrinnyHero »

I know this game might be kinda old by now, but any chance we could get an updated table? Even just the all chips and navi cust part codes would be much appreciated (not sure how to find values for a bunch of items I don't have).

flamefury
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by flamefury »

Rabbid4240 wrote:
Ezee03 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:21 am
Hey thanks for that, could you make one that works with LC1 (BN 1/2/3) as the new update blocks the ones we have now, thanks buddy!!
japantea wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:24 am
I'm in the process of leveling my styles in BN3 and used the table here. I've managed to level up every style except Shadow in BN3. Did updates jumble some addresses that require some updates? Thanks!
PrinnyHero wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:26 pm
I know this game might be kinda old by now, but any chance we could get an updated table? Even just the all chips and navi cust part codes would be much appreciated (not sure how to find values for a bunch of items I don't have).
LC1 has some weirdness going on with the base address finding script. I made the search more open (modified from afriendlyirin's table), but it has the drawback of potentially getting the wrong location, so double check the data lines up. The easiest one is to make sure the Zeny count in CE matches what it says in-game. If not, you may also need to tinker some more with the base address script.

Nevertheless, here's a quick mod I did for LC1's script. The one I posted for LC2 should still work from what I've seen, but just for ease of search I'll attach it in this post too.
Attachments
MMBN_LC2.CT
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
MMBN_LC1.CT
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 105 times

ChucklesTheJester
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ChucklesTheJester »

any possibility for walk through walls cheats for all of the games?