What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [REQUEST] STORY OF SEASONS: A Wonderful Life

Post by teddymonroe »

teddymonroe wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:45 am
7aniki wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:31 pm
I updated my table above, added child stats editor, now I don't need to take care of my child too

About item editor, I tested edit my item to stone tablet D at year 2 spring 1, when I go to digsite and out, Carter doesn't recognize that stone tablet in my inventory, so I need to manually dig the stone tablet D to trigger the event correctly. Possesing the edited item doesn't count as obtaining them (like the edited meals wont count to number of meals cooked achievement)
hi I'm sorry but i cant seem to check the child stats editor box, the values are just not working it always shows ??
i opened the child stats pages, picking my child, talking with my child, giving him items and showing him tools to trigger value change but it doesn't work too. it also goes the same with friendship editors with the NPCS.
yes i have attached the game to CE because i successfully used the player editor for stamina & stuff. please if you could give a thorough guide to trigger the values i'd appreciate it so much :')
oh wait i figured it out how to generate the values, i have to do some farming (tilling the soil in my case) then holding out a seed from the quick item menu. but after i edited the value of child stats it doesn't change the stats in the menu still. do i have to wait till the beginning of next chapter to trigger stats change or did i do something wrong?

teddymonroe
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by teddymonroe »

I'm very sorry to bug you, but I'm not sure how to populate these values, particularly for the child stats. They remain "??" no matter what I do.
hi, try to do some farming and hold out a crop seed from the quick menu like the table instructed us to do. it works for me to trigger the value, but still when i changed the value it didn't have any effect on the child stats.

teddymonroe
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by teddymonroe »

7aniki wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:31 pm
I updated my table above, added child stats editor, now I don't need to take care of my child too

About item editor, I tested edit my item to stone tablet D at year 2 spring 1, when I go to digsite and out, Carter doesn't recognize that stone tablet in my inventory, so I need to manually dig the stone tablet D to trigger the event correctly. Possesing the edited item doesn't count as obtaining them (like the edited meals wont count to number of meals cooked achievement)
OMG FINALLY I FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE CHILD STATS WORK :')))
so i populate the value by using my hoe at the farm. and in my game, the each of the child stats addresses were jumbled, meaning when i increased FARMING value it affects the MUSIC and so on. and i have tested it all out, this is my findings:

RANCHING is actually ATHLETIC
FARMING is actually MUSIC
ATHLETIC is actually ART
MUSIC is actually ACADEMIC
ART is actually RANCHING
ACADEMIC is actually FARMING

and there are moments when more than one stats can be increased at once, but i also had moments where only one stat worked. for example i checked and increased RANCHING and ATHLETIC stats but only RANCHING stats increased in the game. to solve this, i unchecked the RANCHING since it worked already. then, i rechecked the ATHLETIC box and do some farming (i used my hoe and plant a seed) and ta-da! the ATHLETIC stats is now increased too~

for me it's always either RANCHING or FARMING that cant be checked together with other stats. i checked ART and MUSIC together and it worked just fine at once.

but idk maybe this is just my game, but just in case someone go through the same, maybe this could help! regardless, thank u sm for the work!!! <3

7aniki
Cheater
Cheater

Post by 7aniki »

First i'd like to apologize because of my laziness my table is confusing to use to some of you. As you know, I used ndck76's table as the base, it's item editor require these extra steps to use.
BiggusDiggus wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:05 am
To briefly better explain how the Quick Item Editor works, after you activate the cheat...

1. Make sure all of the items that you want to modify the values of are in your bag. The cheat does not work with the storage or food storage.

2. Acquire Fertilizer from Vesta/Cecelia or from the Fertilizer Maker.

3. Organize your bag so that the Fertilizer is in the top left most inventory spot. This is the most important step.

4. Open the quick item bar and stand in the pasture while holding the Fertilizer. The table will populate values with the items in your bag from left to right, top to bottom.

The FIRST item on the table will ALWAYS be the Fertilizer that you equipped in this step before stepping onto the Pasture.

5. Edit the value in Cheat Engine, it should work immediately if you're in game, but it will not display when your in a menu.

6. Repeat Steps 1-5 as necessary to get your desired results.

Any item that is to the LEFT or ABOVE the Fertilizer WILL NOT APPEAR in the table when it populates the values. Technically, if you want to make sure you only modify a few items, you can put the item you use to populate the table anywhere, just be aware that nothing "prior" to the Fertilizer in your bag will appear on the list, and you'll have to repeat Step 4 & 5 if you want to edit other items.

The reason I suggest using Fertilizer is because you can Fertilizer counts as a Seed item when used on the pasture which makes this cheat more convenient to use. You can technically do it with any Seed item, but that would require you to walk all the way to your fields.
Unfortunately this tutorial wasn't very clearly written in the table and require you to go reading through some of the post in this forum to understand it clearly.
Ergo, now I rearrange my table so that you can use the [tool, friendship and child stats editor] directly from [player stats editor], no need to do that fertilizer trick to populate the value again
teddymonroe wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:35 am

for example i checked and increased RANCHING and ATHLETIC stats but only RANCHING stats increased in the game.
If you want to edit child stats, do not, i repeat DO NOT CHECK any of those stat. If you checked, it means you froze their value which resulting it wont increase at all. And editing child stats should be as easy as changing their value literally, i.e Ranching abilites edit to 1000, when you see the ranching abilites stat in game,its bar will be filled to the max. Change it again to 500, its bar will be reduced to half INSTANTLY after you refresh status screen.
teddymonroe wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:35 am
the each of the child stats addresses were jumbled
And I already double checked, but those child stats address are named correctly in my game. I don't know how yours get jumbled.

preorder cancelled
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by preorder cancelled »

Probably jumbled since it's not using fertiliser as the hook for the tables to populate correctly

shortcake
Cheater
Cheater

Post by shortcake »

I know this is a long shot, but could anyone add completed encyclopedia entries to the table?

grumpeex
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by grumpeex »

7aniki wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:43 am
chaoticQuantum wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:31 am
boeta2 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:29 pm

actually that tool usage count doesnt matter anymore if you can edit your tool to golden/blessed directly just like @preordercancelled mention above
yeah, but i need to complete the tool achievements
1. start a fresh new game
2. after tutorial, go to the field and use your hoe, tile the soil 6 square
3. go to cheat engine, new search-2 byte -search for value 6
4. back to game, tile more 6 square
5. back to cheat engine, next search for 12, it will narrow down to a couple of address
6. repeat step 4-5 til you got only 1-2 address
7. add that address to address list, then change the value to 4000 (requirement for gold hoe)

do the same for water can

for milker, it takes more days, because you can only milk your cow 2 times per day,

if you got all of above 3 tool's address, you can reload your old save file, and change the usage count value manually
So I tried this on a fresh new acc, and it works for the normal tools after doing the 2 byte search etc etc.. After I got the bronze tools, the values reset and I'm not sure what to do from there lol. I also used the tool slot editor, but silver tools only show up in my inventory and it does not count as me obtaining it in game. The encyclopedia next to the player's bed shows only the tools that I've obtained from Van, it doesn't matter if I replace the previous tool to remove the double tool paradox. Maybe someone can make a tool usage editor cause I'm clearly not doing something right.

boeta2
Cheater
Cheater

Post by boeta2 »

Even after you edited normal tool usage to 4000, it doesnt let you buy silver and gold tool version in the following year from Van? When I tested editing tool usage count I just test it until Van selling bronze tool, then found out the way Van trading normal to bronze tool animation were just too slow and one by one, I decided to edit the tool directly to gold version. So I never test that far buying silver and gold normally from Van directly.
My suspicion is, because this game is very forgiving, i dont think it require you to use silver hoe 4000 times exclusively to buy golden hoe, instead the total usage of normal+bronze+silver hoe+sickle are 4000+. So continue sleeping (ignore bronze hoe usage count) until Van sell silver hoe and try to buy it, then tell us the result here

Regarding encyclopedia entry
what we already know are:
-its format is Name and first time it obtained/made.
for example Herbal soup, first made Beginnings Spring 1
-we have item ID list already
-date maybe saved as 4byte like time editor

so maybe if we search zero value (4 byte) first then we cook herbal soup, next we seach increased by value (that date), maybe we can find herbal soup encyclopedia address?
and do the same for milky soup and egg soup etc to find the range between each encyclopedia entry address
or maybe we do AOB scan with herbal soup ID+todays date

why I still cant find them?
-it is a 1 shot search only (search initial value, make herbal soup, search next value-if failed we reload last save point), so we cant do increase/decrease value search
-i got sleepy everytime I learn assembly
-my potato PC cant handle searching for zero/unknown initial value, it crashed my PC
-I still dont know how to parse the date value provided by time editor's value from table. Here is some info about 4 byte date time value that I found [Link]
-Even if I successfully found the pattern between herbal soup milky soup and egg soup, I dont know how to make a script like this (for every address+offset like B8 do insert 'beginning spring 1' until last entry) to fully unlock all encyclopedia entry with that value
-encyclopedia/achievement/trophy is just developer's way to trigger the completionist player into playing their game longer, it doesn't affect the story/ending at all. Me as an ex-completionist-turned-to-justwanttoknowthestory-player possessing many other game with good story waiting to be finished, prioritize in cheats that can help me reach the ending faster.

my discord .boeta

grumpeex
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by grumpeex »

Just speedran sleeping all 3 years in game after editing tool usage from fresh account and loaded my previous save as well lol. Found out that during year 3, spring 3rd is when all tools are sold (bronze --> gold), and year 2 spring 3rd didn't sell bronze tools for whatever reason? YMMV though. Loaded my previous save with bronze/silver tools and can confirm that I can get all my gold tools. Must've done something wrong on my last post, but can personally confirm that you just have to sleep until year 3 if you aren't there already I guess.

7aniki
Cheater
Cheater

Post by 7aniki »

grumpeex wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:31 pm
year 2 spring 3rd didn't sell bronze tools for whatever reason?
welp, that is anomaly, but all's well that ends well.
Anyway, here's the date time and their value in memory

Ah, found it
the formula is to convert all of them into millisecond
1 minute=60 second
1 hour= 60 minute
1 day =24 hour
1 month = 10 day
1 year= 4 month

now how to convert this formula to table's time editor input?
something like this

shortcake
Cheater
Cheater

Post by shortcake »

Rather than encyclopedia entries then, would anyone be able to do something like “obtain all recipes”? That way I could just make all the food in one sitting and fill out the encyclopedia.

Sorry if this is not possible, I appreciate all the work you’ve done!

7aniki
Cheater
Cheater

Post by 7aniki »

shortcake wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:04 pm
I could just make all the food in one sitting and fill out the encyclopedia.
That's easy actually, just use any cooking guide available on the internet i.e [Link]
and you edit your item in inventory before cooking to provide you with the required cooking material

shortcake
Cheater
Cheater

Post by shortcake »

7aniki wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:22 am
shortcake wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:04 pm
I could just make all the food in one sitting and fill out the encyclopedia.
That's easy actually, just use any cooking guide available on the internet i.e [Link]
and you edit your item in inventory before cooking to provide you with the required cooking material
Oh my gosh, I didn’t know I could do this! Thank you!

Cococream2366
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Cococream2366 »

I was wondering if you could make a Cheat Table containing these cheats:
1. Crops Always Watered and Fertilized

2. Add any Item and How many of them you want to your inventory

3. Max Friendship and Affection for all NPCs

4. Child Stats Editor

that is my request.

gradius12
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by gradius12 »

boeta2 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:02 am
Even after you edited normal tool usage to 4000, it doesnt let you buy silver and gold tool version in the following year from Van? When I tested editing tool usage count I just test it until Van selling bronze tool, then found out the way Van trading normal to bronze tool animation were just too slow and one by one, I decided to edit the tool directly to gold version. So I never test that far buying silver and gold normally from Van directly.
My suspicion is, because this game is very forgiving, i dont think it require you to use silver hoe 4000 times exclusively to buy golden hoe, instead the total usage of normal+bronze+silver hoe+sickle are 4000+. So continue sleeping (ignore bronze hoe usage count) until Van sell silver hoe and try to buy it, then tell us the result here

the usage for each tool are separated the game seems to count for each tool their usage like you use bronze x time silver y gold z they should be next to each other if you look for them