Noobzor

Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Post by Trisstiz »

Anglican wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:54 am
Trisstiz wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:52 am
Good day)
My player.json doesn't seem to contain those lines, like Dexterity and other stats.
Can you help? Where exactly should I look for it?
It's the party.json you are looking for.
Oh, ok thank you very much.
There is a very interesting line there :D
although because it's my first time editing foles like this I dont really know what to do with it))

ToddC
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ToddC »

Anyone mind linking a guide how to work these files through notepad++ or telling me how to sort the file somehow?. I'm a complete noob at this and when I open the file its a single line of text and I can make it into a wall of text instead. Dunno how to line up functions or whatever.

ToddC
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ToddC »

Nevermind, my coffee cup reminded me that search engines exist.

CaesarCzech
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CaesarCzech »

9 Minutes ? Your Coffee should be fired. :) anyways guys how do you avoid loading errors ? game has tendency to corrupt saves when you mess with them.

ToddC
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ToddC »

I'd say you gotta make sure all your modifiers line up. The money is on the bottom of the player.json file btw.

ToddC
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ToddC »

Rebelicious wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:02 am
Anyone figured out how to add Feats? That's really all I want to do, since I like having feats like Persuasive, even though they are effectively useless.
You could probably make a character that has a Feat, then find it in the file and copy paste it onto another character.

neuronek
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by neuronek »

Both JSTool and JSON viewer plugins for notepad will let You know if You modified Your saves correctly. It's also wise to backup before editing :)

Personally when working with json files I use this service:
[Link]
It will format the file for You, might take a while if it's large so doing it locally usually saves up time, it will let You know if You've made any syntax errors.

Also as stated previously, game has issues if You've got Your save opened in a archive extractor like 7zip while at the same time trying to load it so please close the archive before loading edited saves.

Btw I updated the first post with info how to extend the duration of buffs :)

nightgyr
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by nightgyr »

Curious if anyone has figured out how to edit alignment? I can see in the party.json where this (appears) to be stored (m_entitydata > 0 > descriptor > alignment) but changing this historic values only changes the log in game.

Ravellon
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Ravellon »

Ok, another interesting thing that can be edited.

"m_Count":100,"m_InventorySlotIndex":0

^^^ This is a line that indicates that there is a 100 of an item in the first slot of the inventory. In my case that item was Bag of Holding.
Basically put the item you want to multiply into the first inventory slot, save, open the party.json and search for m_InventorySlotIndex":0
Then edit the m_Count value to the desired amount. Be it the Bag or whatever else.
However, non-stackable items will not be splittable. So all their values will be multiplied by the amount you set, it seems. The carry-weight from the Bag does work like I wanted, giving me practically infinite inventory though.

Cahallin
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Cahallin »

Changing "CharacterLevel" will leave class levels intact. So 20lvl in all classes is possible

Ravellon
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Ravellon »

Cahallin wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:02 pm
Changing "CharacterLevel" will leave class levels intact. So 20lvl in all classes is possible
Nice. Thanks.

Trisstiz
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Trisstiz »

In file player.json the are lines about kingdom stats, seems to work perfectly if you don't skip a rank ↓
Spoiler

ToddC
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ToddC »

There is a table being worked on here

Rebelicious
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rebelicious »

ToddC wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 am
Rebelicious wrote:
Anyone figured out how to add Feats? That's really all I want to do, since I like having feats like Persuasive, even though they are effectively useless.
You could probably make a character that has a Feat, then find it in the file and copy paste it onto another character.
Probably, but it would mean having to know where feats are kept and what to manipulate.

That said, I think I'm going to create two new games/saves that will be virtually identical, and see if there's any major differences between them.

Edit: Tried, but no dice. It seems to treat all "features" in the same way it treats feats, so the files are a mess and I can't find an easy way to just stick new things in.
Last edited by Rebelicious on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antema
Cheater
Cheater

Post by antema »

Rebelicious wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:18 pm
ToddC wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 am
Rebelicious wrote:
Probably, but it would mean having to know where feats are kept and what to manipulate.

That said, I think I'm going to create two new games/saves that will be virtually identical, and see if there's any major differences between them.
I already attempted that. I found the feats and attempted to copy a feat from one save to another, so that I would have three feats, instead of the original two. Unfortunately I was not successful. I copied the feat and pasted it between the original two feats.

In this case I attempted to copy Toughness between Dodge and Combat Casting.