How can I add a proper certificate to my Cheat Engine trainers?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Reclaimer Shawn
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

How can I add a proper certificate to my Cheat Engine trainers?

Post by Reclaimer Shawn »

So, whenever I open my Cheat Engine Trainer executables, I have a message popping up saying that the publisher is unknown. I looked around and all I could find was either how to make a test certificate via CMD and a couple of Visual Basic commands or certificates that you could purchase. Test Certificates really don't change the pop up, but they just kinda show up in the Windows Certificate Manager. Is there an easier and a free method of getting a custom, working certificate for my programs? I just like it having a kind of professional air to it, that's all. If there is, please direct me to it and teach me how to apply it to my software. Thanks for reading!

jungletek
Shogun
Shogun

Re: How can I add a proper certificate to my Cheat Engine trainers?

Post by jungletek »

To obtain a certificate from a certification authority, a software publisher must meet the criteria for either a commercial or an individual publishing certificate and submit these credentials to either a certification authority or a local registration authority (LRA). The criteria discussed below have been proposed by Microsoft. Note that standards bodies, such as the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), are reviewing these criteria and they are subject to change. A description of the overall process of obtaining a certificate for code signing ends this section of the document.

[Link]
[Link]

Reclaimer Shawn
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Reclaimer Shawn »

So, after looking at a couple of things, I have two choices. Either pay anywhere from $20-$400 a year for a certificate, or get a free certificate issued to me by CAcert.org CAcert requires I give my full name and I have to make the program Open Source (open source doesn't bother me a bit, but giving my full name to some random online website kinda makes me paranoid). For now, I think I'll be fine without a CERT.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Yeah they're very expensive.