TW Warhammer 2 - Group difference for God Mode - Help needed

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
happylittletree
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

TW Warhammer 2 - Group difference for God Mode - Help needed

Post by happylittletree »

Hello everyone,

I just found this board and registered straight away to seek help from the experts :)

I started to mess around with CE a while ago, doing simple stuff like finding the health value or money value and change or freeze it.

Now I'm trying to learn more complex things like modifying code.

This is the deal:
I want to create a God mode hack for my general in battles.

I already found the code that handles the subtraction of the health value.

mov [rcx+04],eax
mov eax,[rcx]

Now, the current health value is stored in rcx+04
The maximum health is stored in rcx

So by modifying it to
mov [rcx+04],rcx
mov eax,[rcx]
every time my general gets hit, he goes back to full health.
Of course every single unit is using this function to take damage.

What I'm struggling to do is to find a group difference to make a comparison and only use my modified code if it is my own unit and not the enemy.

I know that there is someone here who already hacked the crap out of the game but I do want to learn it myself.

I kinda know how to use the group difference as I successfully did it for Mount and blade and some other games.
For this one however, I fail to find a working group difference.

On a side note, I found working group differences for the Scrolls of Hekarti and losing money, which is currently working, just not for the health.

Any help pointing me into the right direction is much appreciated.
I checked the code from the guy who hacked the game already but I kind of fail to understand what exactly is going on.

Apologies if the thread is a little messy :s

fangg0219
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: TW Warhammer 2 - Group difference for God Mode - Help needed

Post by fangg0219 »

THE CODE you find.... they are sharing the same code...so basically you should use compare Boolean.
you may goolgle it search "assembly compare" use like example:
cmp [rcx+XXX],01

However many game are very hard to find the good compare address or compare ways,...and it some times are the
valuable "things" in script....BECAUSE it may cost a lot of time or tricks.....
so ....maybe you should use dissect data first to find where is your general and enemy general's difference in data array
and compare it out!!!

Betcha
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: TW Warhammer 2 - Group difference for God Mode - Help needed

Post by Betcha »

In Memory Viewer Right click the mov [rcx+04],eax and select Find out what addresses this instruction access.
Go in game and get hit by enemy so pops out your health and hit enemy so his health pops out and do this with multiple enemies.
Cause you need select for example up to 5 different enemies, for best results on searching differences between you and enemies.
Go back in Find out what addresses this instruction access, select all results and Right click for Open dissect data with selected addresses.
Once you are in Dissect data structure, change your health address into Group 2 , by Right clicking address and Change group
Then for easy searching click on top left corner View > Settings click on Group Different and change color into black or what ever.
Now scroll the list of these values and search who are black or what ever color you changed, they will be the differences between you and enemy.
For example: you found on offset 12C enemies have value 12, but you have value 123 and the value type is for example 4 bytes.
Open now your script and write these lines, with of course your offset and value you found.

newmem:
cmp [rcx+12C],(int)123
// (int) stands for 4 byte type , (float) for float, or calculate value into hex 123 = 7B so its cmp [rcx+12C],7B
jne code // jne means jump if not equal , so everything whats on offset 12C isnt 123 will jump to code

mov [rcx+04],eax // here edit your health
mov eax,[rcx]
jmp return

code:
mov [rcx+04],eax // enemies wont affect your manipulation in newmem since they on offset 12C isnt value 123.
mov eax,[rcx]
jmp return

If you get god mod and mobs die normally, but some mobs are in god mod too, means need find new offset, to separate them out as well.