Lunacid - Can't find value for inventory items

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
bouncor
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Lunacid - Can't find value for inventory items

Post by bouncor »

Hello there,

I am kinda new to cheat engine, so I dont have much knowledge...

Game: Lunacid
Engine: I think Unity

I try to change the value for crystal shards (a stackable, usable inventory item). But I end up finding nothing after changing the value for that item ingame for some times.
Also tried Value Type: "All" and starting with unknown intial value and used decreased/increased/unchanged value. But I still end up with 0 results.
Furthermore I can't find adresses for any inventory items.

HP, Mana, Lunacy and Silver (ingame money) working fine. All floats and 4 bytes.
But the items from inventory really giving me a headache.

Can someone give me an advice how to find them?

imjustmaxie
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Lunacid - Can't find value for inventory items

Post by imjustmaxie »

bouncor wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:19 am
Hello there,

I am kinda new to cheat engine, so I dont have much knowledge...

Game: Lunacid
Engine: I think Unity

I try to change the value for crystal shards (a stackable, usable inventory item). But I end up finding nothing after changing the value for that item ingame for some times.
Also tried Value Type: "All" and starting with unknown intial value and used decreased/increased/unchanged value. But I still end up with 0 results.
Furthermore I can't find adresses for any inventory items.

HP, Mana, Lunacy and Silver (ingame money) working fine. All floats and 4 bytes.
But the items from inventory really giving me a headache.

Can someone give me an advice how to find them?
Since the game uses Unity, you can use the Mono features built into Cheat Engine (on top of the window).
Use the .Net Info feature. Most games use the default Assembly-CSharp.dll image so find the desired class and methods.
You can search for class name keywords (e.g Inventory, Stash, Manager, Controller, Player, Character) in the image to find them easier.

bouncor
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by bouncor »

imjustmaxie wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:16 am
Since the game uses Unity, you can use the Mono features built into Cheat Engine (on top of the window).
Use the .Net Info feature. Most games use the default Assembly-CSharp.dll image so find the desired class and methods.
You can search for class name keywords (e.g Inventory, Stash, Manager, Controller, Player, Character) in the image to find them easier.
Thanks for your advice.
I checked the .Net Info feature, found the Assembly-CSharp.dll and found a bunch of item and player classes but oh boy... I am completly lost there. I can't understand most of it. It looks like code I assume? I never stepped a foot into coding of any sorts.

I don't think I can pull this off with my minimal knowledge :(

PronKill
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by PronKill »

bouncor wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:08 am
imjustmaxie wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:16 am
Thanks for your advice.
I checked the .Net Info feature, found the Assembly-CSharp.dll and found a bunch of item and player classes but oh boy... I am completly lost there. I can't understand most of it. It looks like code I assume? I never stepped a foot into coding of any sorts.

I don't think I can pull this off with my minimal knowledge :(
You can search for tutorials on youtube on how to use mono :)