Need Help Understanding Server>Client Relation

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
killakingkrow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Need Help Understanding Server>Client Relation

Post by killakingkrow »

So I'm trying to figure out how to modify the stats of crafted equipment in this game called Nightingale.

It's information is stored on the server (but worlds are private... don't ask, it's stupid.) although the client that's on the pc (your computer) is what send information to the server to be stored.

So... the item dupe that we all found out. In your inventory, you can change the visual amount from lets say 15 to 1000. Once drop the stack from your inventory onto the world, the server recognizes that you "discovered" 1000 of whatever item you're duping, and once you pick it up, it will properly sort to 10 stacks of 100 in your inventory and then both Server and Client will register the new numbers.

So my goal is to change stats of tools (pickaxe, axe, sickle, you get the idea) and up the gear score above what the base is. Right now, i have gear that's 134 and 125 and I'm trying to find what writes the stats. I've ran into various addresses that keeps changing. I use pointers to try to find the static, but i think it keeps pointing me to the client vs my system. Anybody has any ideas or workarounds that may be useful?