[HELP] Need help finding base address.

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
BadBux
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

[HELP] Need help finding base address.

Post by BadBux »

I was trying to find base address for the location/coordinates of the player for a game called PokeMMO.
You can see the player coordinates simply by typing /loc in chat and it gets printed out in chat.
I tried to search that in cheat engine and once I find it (Generally takes only 2 scans) if I pointer scan it it just gives me an empty result.

Can someone please help me with this. I will be really grateful. (would greatly appreciate if anyone could provide me steps or something. I am new to this and would like to learn :) )

I want to use grab these coordinates and use them in a python program I am working on.

ValenH
Cheater
Cheater

Re: [HELP] Need help finding base address.

Post by ValenH »

Try a Hex search of 8 bytes or AOB (if you have 64bit or 4 if it's 32bit) and put the address in reverse (if you chose AOB), so if you have something like 0xa12345678 the reverse is 0x785634120a (because Windows/Linux is Little Endian) and pad the last one with 0 if its just one digit, 2 hex digits = 1 byte (you reverse the bytes not the digits). This way you can find where this address is stored and do things manually.