Pointer rescan huge time?(hours)

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Phoenix_Spurs
Noobzor
Noobzor

Pointer rescan huge time?(hours)

Post by Phoenix_Spurs »

Hi!

Recently I was searching for a level 10 pointer and it took about nearly 3 hours to complete. But when I want to rescan it stops at a point and it takes too long.

Can anyone identify what the problem is?

scribly
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Pointer rescan huge time?(hours)

Post by scribly »

a rescan eats up as much as the game uses itself. Make sure you have enough RAM or that your paging file can grow

also, to prevent having to do rescans on these humongous sets, use pointermaps.
by using a pointermap of a previous game launch (preferably made by a friend on another comp, but selfmade works too) you will do a rescan as soon as a result is found. this skips the compression and disk writing/reading part so is a LOT faster, and the number of results you get will be manageable/faster to rescan

it's recommended to have found the address you are looking for in the saved pointermap, but you can also use it to filter out unreadable paths

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

You may be running out of disk space. I recommend learning injection so that you can avoid wasting your life away.

Phoenix_Spurs
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Phoenix_Spurs »

++METHOS wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:32 pm
You may be running out of disk space. I recommend learning injection so that you can avoid wasting your life away.
That's what may have been happening. Can you recommend any beginner tutorial or website to learn injection?

Phoenix_Spurs
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Phoenix_Spurs »

scribly wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:19 pm
a rescan eats up as much as the game uses itself. Make sure you have enough RAM or that your paging file can grow

by using a pointermap of a previous game launch (preferably made by a friend on another comp, but selfmade works too) you will do a rescan as soon as a result is found. this skips the compression and disk writing/reading part so is a LOT faster, and the number of results you get will be manageable/faster to rescan

it's recommended to have found the address you are looking for in the saved pointermap, but you can also use it to filter out unreadable paths
Well I've done that before. Compared two saved pointermaps but found 0 results.

The issue is I found the pointer(static adress) but it itself shows question mark after playing 1 hour or such. Then I've tried pointer scanning, level 5-7 scanning returns with billions of result but left with 0 when rescanning starting a complete new game. It's same "Budget" address but completely works two way, if I start from a previous game it shows a pointer and if I starts a new game it shows another pointer. The whole thing is messy and I can't understand.

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

Phoenix_Spurs wrote: That's what may have been happening. Can you recommend any beginner tutorial or website to learn injection?
-I haven't really looked at this, but you may try:
[Link]

Needless to say, there is a lot that can be learned just by reading through CEF.

IcyPurpose99
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by IcyPurpose99 »

I would recommend that you locate the offset of the address you are looking for. When you search for Health for example, there are always pointers/offsets that lead to that address. So when you find your health, do "Find out what access this address" and you will get something like [ebx+1C], 1C being the offset you need. Then do the pointerscan for that address and add the first offset 1C. This will also narrow down the pointer search.

arlight1
Cheater
Cheater

Post by arlight1 »

Marcus101RR wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 6:12 pm
I would recommend that you locate the offset of the address you are looking for. When you search for Health for example, there are always pointers/offsets that lead to that address. So when you find your health, do "Find out what access this address" and you will get something like [ebx+1C], 1C being the offset you need. Then do the pointerscan for that address and add the first offset 1C. This will also narrow down the pointer search.
Although that certainly works, OP is using a level 10 pointerscan. Even with the help of reducing that initial offset, it'll take ages to do. The guy from Highlander is right, look into injecting and you'll be churning out all sorts of scripts/hacks/cheats in no time.

arlight1
Cheater
Cheater

Post by arlight1 »

scribly wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Any guides/tuts out there on how to do pointermaps?
SunBeam wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 2:42 pm
I recommend backtracing to find a stable path actually used by the game. Pointer scan most of the times returns temporary leveled pointers, whereas after a map reload, game reload, or some events, the pointer (or some level of it) doesn't work anymore.
How do you backtrace a pointerscan? Are you talking about the process of rescanning after changing maps/game/restart PC?

Phoenix_Spurs
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Phoenix_Spurs »

SunBeam wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 3:51 pm
I meant manually backtrace from your breakpoint and find the base pointer + offsets. It's not pointer scan related.
Can you please explain it for a few words more?

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

arlight1 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 2:53 pm
Any guides/tuts out there on how to do pointermaps?
[Link]