Cheat Engine crash on debugger attach!

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Cheat Engine crash on debugger attach!

Post by VampTY »

Hello, i'm having some weird problems, my system is more than enough to handle this software, i guess, i have 64gb ram/4gb vga +1 sli of 2 vga separated ...the thing is i'm using cheat engine version 6.8.3, now whenever i try and i select the option "Find out what writes to this address" after finding the right thing it just crashes the game, Batman Arkham City...why?I'm on win10 64bit, by the way, i've used also CEngine 32 or 64 , even though is 32...in any case is not the only game it crashes cheat engine, i have plenty of them.

So how can i make this cheat engine work properly?This crashing is very bad...all the games i've used are on steam by the way...i've made a lot of trainers back in the days, lots of them, rarely had a crash, but after a break of 6 years of something of not making any cheat, i've tried this version i've said previously, and i've had only problems with it, ...i was able to do only around 15 tables so far, these last 2 months when i've started making cheats again..i know how to do them, how to find them and so on..i just cant handle this crashing thingy!Please help me out..or point me to a more better version of cheat engine!

Thanks you,
V.

BooBoo
Retired Donor
Retired Donor

Re: Cheat Engine crash on debugger attach!

Post by BooBoo »

Same here, I get a ton of crashes with v6.8.3. You can report this problem here: [Link]
or you can always go back to a previous version.

Take Care
BooBoo

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Thanks for the post, is good to know i'm not the only one in this, there's always the pointer "hunt".

All the best!
V.

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

have you tried a different debugger interface, like VEH ?

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Yes Eric, even with Kernelmode debugger and still no dice, even with breakpoints override...that's how it is, so far, some games don't crash at all and some do crash, but as i've said , in the past i've never had these issues.

Best of luck!
V.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

I've reported a few for 6.8.3. Still sticking to 6.8.1, despite the new features :(

BooBoo
Retired Donor
Retired Donor

Post by BooBoo »

SunBeam wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:21 am
I've reported a few for 6.8.3. Still sticking to 6.8.1, despite the new features :(
Yea, I am using 6.8.1 aswell.

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Thanks for letting me know as well guys, i'll give it a try with that version as well.

All the best!
V.