Need help with X4: Foundations game

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
mohanhegde
Noobzor
Noobzor

Need help with X4: Foundations game

Post by mohanhegde »

Hi guys,

I'm not a noob when it comes to Game hacking and I've used Cheat Engine to hack lots of games by following the tutorial videos of "Stephen Chapman" and "Cheat The Game" on YouTube. I know few basic stuff like AOB scans, AOB Injections, Direct Byte modifications and those sort thanks to those awesome guys.

I'm trying to hack this game "X4: Foundations". I'm successfully able to find the "Shield" and "Hull" strength of the Player's ship using "Find out what accesses this address" and trying to do some AOB injection at the memory point. But the problem is as soon as I nop or freeze my ship's value, the enemy's also gets the same effect. I tried following the Shared Opcode tutorials by both Stephen and Chris on YouTube but not able to find the exact value of only my ship and not the enemy's.

Any pointers or guidance on how to identify the current player's ship and use some comparisons would be appreciated.

STN
Founder
Founder

Re: Need help with X4: Foundations game

Post by STN »

mohanhegde wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:42 pm
Hi guys,

I'm not a noob when it comes to Game hacking and I've used Cheat Engine to hack lots of games by following the tutorial videos of "Stephen Chapman" and "Cheat The Game" on YouTube. I know few basic stuff like AOB scans, AOB Injections, Direct Byte modifications and those sort thanks to those awesome guys.

I'm trying to hack this game "X4: Foundations". I'm successfully able to find the "Shield" and "Hull" strength of the Player's ship using "Find out what accesses this address" and trying to do some AOB injection at the memory point. But the problem is as soon as I nop or freeze my ship's value, the enemy's also gets the same effect. I tried following the Shared Opcode tutorials by both Stephen and Chris on YouTube but not able to find the exact value of only my ship and not the enemy's.

Any pointers or guidance on how to identify the current player's ship and use some comparisons would be appreciated.

Wow no response in a week? I don't have a lot of time so will quickly go through it, ask if you need more help.

There are a few ways to deal with this. I don't know what Chris or Stephen have suggested but there are a few ways you can deal with this.

Caller trace - The idea is you find which are the caller functions. There's bound to be a function that's specific to player. Find that out and use that to filter between player and foe.

Data dissect: Compare the structure of enemy and player and look for differences. Usually you can find some player id or a value that's specific to player and enemies and use that. Can also use some value that appears only in player or enemy structure etc.

Registers: Not as common anymore due to design of game engines i guess. A register usually contains player id.

There are a bunch of other specific ways you can differentiate. I'll post if you haven't had any luck with those ^