Asphalt 8 v3.9.0h - Strange Behaviour of the Script in game.. What is happening?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
MartaLabieniec
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Asphalt 8 v3.9.0h - Strange Behaviour of the Script in game.. What is happening?

Post by MartaLabieniec »

Hello Everyone!

In my free time, I was trying to hack old game - Asphalt 8 in 3.9.0h version. I was trying to hack "Free Boosters" value.

I found a function which is controlling the value of the 'Free Boosters' :

Code: Select all

add dword ptr [esi+000003A4],-10

I found also something strange.
Like everyone of you can see, when you use 'Free Booster', it will substract the value of total "Free Boosters" by one.
I found that you can change value from -10 to 70 MAXIMUM to add every time 7 "Free Boosters' when one will be used.

Value 70 is maximum which you can change. You will ask: why value 70 is maximum? I will tell you.

When you change the value to 80 - it is doing something strange... instead of adding, subtracts by 8 everytime when you use one 'Free Boster'! I do not know why this is happening. Can someone explain it to me?

When you change the value to even higher, 90 - it is then not adding nor substracting the value. Why?

Next problem: I checked also what functions are accesing to the 'Free Bosters' when I am using them :

I checked that current value of 'Free Boosters' has EDX register :

So I made in this place a script like that to change the value of 'Free Boosters' to 500 :

Code: Select all

[ENABLE]
alloc(newmem,2048)
label(returnhere)
label(originalcode)
label(exit)

newmem:

originalcode:
push edx
mov edx,#500
mov [ecx+000003A4],edx
cmp eax,[ecx+000003A4]
pop edx

exit:
jmp returnhere

"Asphalt8.exe"+AD8B46:
jmp newmem
nop
returnhere:

[DISABLE]
dealloc(newmem)
"Asphalt8.exe"+AD8B46:
cmp eax,[ecx+000003A4]
//Alt: db 3B 81 A4 03 00 00
But when I activate this script and use ONE 'Free Boosters', the value of 'Free Boosters' it is changing to some crazy numbers! and then the game is automatically crashing itself :

Am I doing something wrong?

I am waiting for your help.
Thank you.

MartaLabieniec
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Asphalt 8 v3.9.0h - Strange Behaviour of the Script in game.. What is happening?

Post by MartaLabieniec »

can someone help me? :-(

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Asphalt 8 v3.9.0h - Strange Behaviour of the Script in game.. What is happening?

Post by TimFun13 »

1. Nothing you show uses EDX, where are you getting that EDX is the current value.
2. The value appears to be encrypted, and if your still just learning; you should pick a different game, it's a waste of time to jump straight to this kind of thing when you are still learning the basics.

MartaLabieniec
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by MartaLabieniec »

I know that the value is encrypted but I don't know how to decrypt it :-P and I don't want to leave this game because I am learning new stuff by doing tutorials and then doing the same in this game.

I will show you what used EDX today when I will go back to home from studies.