Advanced Photo Tool Functionalities (Pause/Slow-Mo)

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
hoisin_sauce
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Advanced Photo Tool Functionalities (Pause/Slow-Mo)

Post by hoisin_sauce »

I've been diddling around with cheat engine trying to create a freecam tool for Soul Calibur 6. Trial and error has gotten me far enough so I have full control over the camera even during special events as well as hidden the pause menu. However, the camera doesn't update while the game is paused (the process that writes the camera values isn't called) so I can't stop the action to arrange my shots.

I've tried to find out if there's some kind of boolean flag that turns the camera on/off, but had no success. I also randomly fucked around with the opcodes hoping to strike gold and maybe nop the call that skips over the camera functions but to be honest I'm just guessing at this point. If anyone has an idea what I could do to keep the camera moving while the game is paused, I'd be happy to hear it.

Alternatively I've always wanted to know how to freeze or slow down time in-engine without actually freezing the game (or creating choppy framerates like the default speedhack does). I probably have a lot to learn before I can do that but can anyone point me in the right direction to start on this kind of stuff?