Monster Hunter World Modded Stuff and Things

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Shirokaido
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Monster Hunter World Modded Stuff and Things

Post by Shirokaido »

So it seems that there's some other resource the skills table pulls from; anything that increments by 1 isn't modifiable and just breaks the skill; I tried doing this for Evade Window and it completely took away my iframes. Anything with larger values can be messed with, though; putting Quick Sheath at 250% looks so ridiculous and works perfectly.

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

Eternallydissolved wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:36 am
TemptingIcarus wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:41 am
Well I have the Spring Blossom Festival Stuff on and the models work. I just want to unlock them, I don't mind the crashes. It just means not to use them. Lol.
If they have been implemented in the game files at all at this time then they should be craftable using the unlock armor/weapon for current tier option on the cheat table by squall8 and the ignore crafting requirements option(to allow for crafting them without needing the items). The events however, when siekur0 gets back from his vacation and updates his table, the unlock all event/challenge quests option should open those up for play. Also, regarding your desire for modified poison tick damage, as i have yet to find that or a few other things i am looking for, i have put out a call on the nexus for some help in either the form of a mod, or tutorial on how to do it. if anything pops i will let you know.

Do you want me to pay you if you find something. I would love for this to be discovered. Poison is so good, as it last a long time. It's not tied in with weapon damage or the sort?

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Eternallydissolved »

Shirokaido wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:56 pm
So it seems that there's some other resource the skills table pulls from; anything that increments by 1 isn't modifiable and just breaks the skill; I tried doing this for Evade Window and it completely took away my iframes. Anything with larger values can be messed with, though; putting Quick Sheath at 250% looks so ridiculous and works perfectly.
I have noticed this as well, that some skills pull from another resource; i just hope its not set as a maximum in the engine itself. there is another skills file in a similar format, a much smaller one but I'm not sure how related to what we are editing that it is at this time. I know putting the quick sheath up that high is ridiculous. i actually have mine set at 500% as i have a little bit of info to add to my detail post but the 00 directly after where you placed the FA on that skill for 250% adds 255% for every 1 which turns your FA00 at 255% to a 0001 at 256% and so on. so where you have FA00 i have F501 for 500%

5300016E000000000000005300027D00000000000000530003FF04000000000000

This is the entry for the item prolonger skill in my skills file. what this allows for is item duration +1,275% for a little over 50 minutes on a single dash/mega dash juice. the part of the end of that skill after the last 53; 03FF04 the 03 is the level of the skill, in this case level 3, the ff is the skill value at 255% and the 04 is the jumping off point for that 155% to be applied. the 04 is good for 1020% so the FF(255%) + the 04(1020%) equals the full value of FF04(1275%)

TemptingIcarus wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:44 pm
Do you want me to pay you if you find something. I would love for this to be discovered. Poison is so good, as it last a long time. It's not tied in with weapon damage or the sort?
No payment required, although i would like your help testing something if your willing. If the poison tick damage comes from a value within the files we have been looking through, and is not engine defined, or programed into the monster configuration data, then it stands to reason that with 2 hunters using poison weapons, the tick damage as it is being applied twice would stack to 40,32,20 depending on poison resistance. I wish to test this, so if your willing we will have to exchange user info(friending on steam), or something so we can actually session up and do a hunt or 2 to see if it stacks, if it does then it has to be in those files somewhere. if it is defined in the monster configuration data, or if it is hard coded in the games engine then it will not stack. I too want that damage increased because i enjoy applying poison myself to a monster. Most of the weapons i fight with are not poison type but i am usually always carrying poison knives and i am always carrying poison smoke bombs, which with the item pouch mod increasing carrying capacity to 125 for all items, i can do a hell of a lot of poisoning with 125 poison bombs + 125 poison knives. for the purpose of the experiment i am proposing i will build a poison weapon or 2, likely dual blades and great sword so we can test the application of the poison status and if the tick damage stacks as 2 poison statuses are being applied as we slash away.

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

Sure. Go ahead and DM me on Discord.

𝑅𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓈𝑜𝒹𝓎#0836

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:38 am
Shirokaido wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:56 pm
I have noticed this as well, that some skills pull from another resource; i just hope its not set as a maximum in the engine itself. there is another skills file in a similar format, a much smaller one but I'm not sure how related to what we are editing that it is at this time. I know putting the quick sheath up that high is ridiculous. i actually have mine set at 500% as i have a little bit of info to add to my detail post but the 00 directly after where you placed the FA on that skill for 250% adds 255% for every 1 which turns your FA00 at 255% to a 0001 at 256% and so on. so where you have FA00 i have F501 for 500%

5300016E000000000000005300027D00000000000000530003FF04000000000000

This is the entry for the item prolonger skill in my skills file. what this allows for is item duration +1,275% for a little over 50 minutes on a single dash/mega dash juice. the part of the end of that skill after the last 53; 03FF04 the 03 is the level of the skill, in this case level 3, the ff is the skill value at 255% and the 04 is the jumping off point for that 155% to be applied. the 04 is good for 1020% so the FF(255%) + the 04(1020%) equals the full value of FF04(1275%)

TemptingIcarus wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:44 pm
No payment required, although i would like your help testing something if your willing. If the poison tick damage comes from a value within the files we have been looking through, and is not engine defined, or programed into the monster configuration data, then it stands to reason that with 2 hunters using poison weapons, the tick damage as it is being applied twice would stack to 40,32,20 depending on poison resistance. I wish to test this, so if your willing we will have to exchange user info(friending on steam), or something so we can actually session up and do a hunt or 2 to see if it stacks, if it does then it has to be in those files somewhere. if it is defined in the monster configuration data, or if it is hard coded in the games engine then it will not stack. I too want that damage increased because i enjoy applying poison myself to a monster. Most of the weapons i fight with are not poison type but i am usually always carrying poison knives and i am always carrying poison smoke bombs, which with the item pouch mod increasing carrying capacity to 125 for all items, i can do a hell of a lot of poisoning with 125 poison bombs + 125 poison knives. for the purpose of the experiment i am proposing i will build a poison weapon or 2, likely dual blades and great sword so we can test the application of the poison status and if the tick damage stacks as 2 poison statuses are being applied as we slash away.
Forgot to quote you to get your attention. But I'm down for testing.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

TemptingIcarus wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:34 am
Forgot to quote you to get your attention. But I'm down for testing.
I will have to install discord as i currently do not use any messenger software, but we will have to hunt together.

I will explain the data structure tomorrow, but i cracked the voodoo black magic that is the sharpness levels which i'm sure you will like envy. The file is kireaji.kire which the name translates to sharpness and it does indeed control each level within the sharpness gauge for each sharpness quality 1-118 and while purple sharpness has not been implemented into the game engine yet, the 7th level of sharpness exists in the data structure, but thus far seems to be simply ignored when data is entered into it. Right now the hex 27 sharpness you put on all weapons has been edited in my sharpness file so that the entire gauge is 10%blue,90%white!

hibari6
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by hibari6 »

Hey eternallydissolved the skill pack seems to be crashing my game after the newest patch, does this happen to you?

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

hibari6 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:31 am
Hey eternallydissolved the skill pack seems to be crashing my game after the newest patch, does this happen to you?
Yes, just discovered this myself and traced it to the skill modifier file. i'm guessing that the file has changed and is causing the game to throw an exception. i am currently extracting the files for the patched version as the armor file while it does not crash the game, go to view equip info and its all kinds of screwy.
Edit <--------New file extracted from the new chunk0.bin with one edit also seems to crash the game. Not sure what is going on here but i am looking into it.
Edit2<-------seems even the original skill data file from chunk0 cannot be used in the native pc folder unaltered without crashing the game. I figured out why, its a dummy; the file that can work is actually the one in chunk3! Glad i extracted all of the bin files. I just did my proof of concept attack boost edit and it does indeed work again. i will test some more and if it continues to work, then i will be posting up the new file. just need to do a bit more extensive testing before i am convinced that it is good and i do not want to lead anyone on a wild goose chase!
Edit3<-------Seems all files in the extracted chunk3.bin actually override the files they are duplicates of in Chunk0.bin and the armor.am_dat file from chunk0 edited by Idlehands88 is the file causing the text error when viewing equipment info in the game where it shows the armor pieces. it seems likely that all modded files in chunk0 including the weapon files edited by Envy will be prone to causing bugs unless they are redone using the files from chunk3.

Envy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Envy »

hmm thats maybe a sign that capcom is doing something against modding

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Envy wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:17 am
Initially i thought as much, but now i am led to believe that is it laziness and apathy on the part of Capcom and they are only distributing newer versions of the files when necessary. the reason that the skills file from chunk0 unaltered, still caused a crash because it was an old file, not a dummy. my assumption was that Capcom would redistribute the chunk file with each update having altered the files within and packing them up into the chunk file, when in actuality they are adding new chunk files with each update and significantly bloating the size of our MHW folder in the process. its actually very lazy and ultimately harmful to all players of the game who have anything close to limited space on there pc's and the same go for the space limited consoles. the below numbers are from my computer.
chunk0.bin created august 9, 2018 5:53pm
chunk1.bin created august 9, 2018 5:53pm
chunk2.bin created september , 2018 7:58pm, modified october 3, 2018 9:27pm
chunk3.bin created october 3, 2018 9:27pm

What is worse is the largest file is chunk0 and the other files include updated duplicates and the chunk files after 0 are also incomplete meaning you need all of them to run; bloating the hell out of the directory which is extremely unnecessary.
That said;
skill_data upd chunk3.zip
Updated skill data file for october 2018 title update
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
This updated file will not crash your game upon loading when it is place in Nativepc/common/equip
all edits will have to be duplicated however as i have left the editing up to those so inclined to edit the skills.

Shirokaido
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shirokaido »

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:32 am
Envy wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:17 am
Initially i thought as much, but now i am led to believe that is it laziness and apathy on the part of Capcom and they are only distributing newer versions of the files when necessary. the reason that the skills file from chunk0 unaltered, still caused a crash because it was an old file, not a dummy. my assumption was that Capcom would redistribute the chunk file with each update having altered the files within and packing them up into the chunk file, when in actuality they are adding new chunk files with each update and significantly bloating the size of our MHW folder in the process. its actually very lazy and ultimately harmful to all players of the game who have anything close to limited space on there pc's and the same go for the space limited consoles. the below numbers are from my computer.
chunk0.bin created august 9, 2018 5:53pm
chunk1.bin created august 9, 2018 5:53pm
chunk2.bin created september , 2018 7:58pm, modified october 3, 2018 9:27pm
chunk3.bin created october 3, 2018 9:27pm

What is worse is the largest file is chunk0 and the other files include updated duplicates and the chunk files after 0 are also incomplete meaning you need all of them to run; bloating the hell out of the directory which is extremely unnecessary.
That said; skill_data upd chunk3.zip

This updated file will not crash your game upon loading when it is place in Nativepc/common/equip
all edits will have to be duplicated however as i have left the editing up to those so inclined to edit the skills.
Wait.... so these are identical files?! Wtf Capcom?

ADDED: Looks like they added a skill at the end; two level's worth. Probably the Drachen skills, considering Behemoth gear was found in the update files.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Shirokaido wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:49 pm

ADDED: Looks like they added a skill at the end; two level's worth. Probably the Drachen skills, considering Behemoth gear was found in the update files.
still, why not just replace the files changed in chunk0.bin and send that again, no need in my opinion to bloat the game data folder and increase the storage load of the game.

Shirokaido
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shirokaido »

Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 pm
Shirokaido wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:49 pm

still, why not just replace the files changed in chunk0.bin and send that again, no need in my opinion to bloat the game data folder and increase the storage load of the game.
Maybe to keep downloads smaller? Because they decided to chunk the game, they can't download individual files and must package any changes within a new chunk unless they decide to make us redownload the initial chunk0. I mean, chunk0 is 16.6GB while chunk3 is 2.19. That's a significant difference. So, yeah, it bloats the directory a bit, but it allows the game to remain encrypted and modular at the same time.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Just a heads up for anyone who likes using a greatsword, the offset for the upgraded version of the wyvern ignition greatsword; Wyvern Ignition "Impact" is 0x00018E2 so you can edit that in the l_sword.wp_dat file and the creation event is live!

Envy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Envy »

Hmm i tested the thing with power prolonger and the kinsect buff duration. Its very weird...

I tested it with high numbers and you don't even get a buff then -> negativ value i guess
I tested it from 0-9 which acutally makes me wonder because for example hex value 09 extends the buffs to around 7.30 minutes from 1.30 minute standard.
Hex value 08 did the same as high values -> you dont get a buff.
Hex value 05 has the same value as the standard one....
Hex value 78 -> 0.40 Minutes buff duration...wtf...
so what does crapcom did with their calculation....