Monster Hunter World Modded Stuff and Things

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Shiranui
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Monster Hunter World Modded Stuff and Things

Post by Shiranui »

Is it possible to edit kinsects?

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Eternallydissolved »

Shiranui wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:40 am
Is it possible to edit kinsects?
I'm not entirely sure but i would think so considering even the values provided by skills are editable although the speed of regen for val hazak vitality and recovery speed do not seem to change when altering those values so that may be locked in the engine, or perhaps it i just haven't figured out the format for that entry yet to alter it properly.

Envy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Envy »

it is possible but it will mostly fucks up everything if you edit higher values than 15 for the skills.

Shirokaido
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shirokaido »

Eternallydissolved wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:01 am
I think i just found the configuration file for the skills themselves, i need to test but i am highly optimistic that the skill effects themselves can be edited from this file (Example Attack boost level 7 attack +21 Affinity + 100)!

EDIT <----- It fucking works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDIT 2 <-----Does not alter the text description of the skill, but the effect is there showing itself on my overall affinity!
EDIT 3 <---- Unedited skill data file for editing of skills added! use Envy's armor spread sheet and search the file in the hex editor of your choice by that skill byte in hex as they are in the file differentiated by the skills for example attack boost has seven skill levels and its hex byte is 13. My current edit to it as proof of concept is 1300010300000000000000130002060000000000000013000309000000000000001300040C000500000000001300050F000500000000001300061200050000000000 1300073200640000000000
In my example, 13 is the skill byte
the following 00 is unknown
the following 01 is the skill level (level 1)
and the 03 is +3 attack
the next set of 00 is unknown
and then the following 00 is added affinity
and everything there after is unknown but part of the skill configuration data
I have separated the level seven with a space to make it easier to visualize the data
in which
13 is the skill byte
the following 07 is the skill level (level 7)
and the 32 is +50 attack
and then the following 64 is 100% added affinity
!!!!
This is important! I'm totally gonna mess around with editing some stuff after work today! This is totally my favorite kinda find.
Where does this mod file get put? Folder path, that is.

A quick look at something like Quick Sheath shows how they break it down. The values for the 1,2, and 3 are, in decimal, 110, 120, and 140, which makes me think it's an animation multiplier. Potentially, something like 200 could see you putting your weapon away twice as fast, which is exciting for something like HBG. Can't wait to actually test this!

Added: Evade Window seems to be as simple as how many iframes are added. Research shows that each level of Evade Window just adds another frame, and the file shows an increased integer with each level (2 at 2, 5 at 5). I'm probably gonna see if changing that adds iframes or not then I'll report back.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Shirokaido wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:15 pm
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:01 am
I think i just found the configuration file for the skills themselves, i need to test but i am highly optimistic that the skill effects themselves can be edited from this file (Example Attack boost level 7 attack +21 Affinity + 100)!

EDIT <----- It fucking works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDIT 2 <-----Does not alter the text description of the skill, but the effect is there showing itself on my overall affinity!
EDIT 3 <---- Unedited skill data file for editing of skills added! use Envy's armor spread sheet and search the file in the hex editor of your choice by that skill byte in hex as they are in the file differentiated by the skills for example attack boost has seven skill levels and its hex byte is 13. My current edit to it as proof of concept is 1300010300000000000000130002060000000000000013000309000000000000001300040C000500000000001300050F000500000000001300061200050000000000 1300073200640000000000
In my example, 13 is the skill byte
the following 01 is the skill level (level 1)
and the 03 is +3 attack
and then the following 00 is added affinity
I have separated the level seven with a space to make it easier to visualize the data
in which
13 is the skill byte
the following 07 is the skill level (level 7)
and the 32 is +50 attack
and then the following 64 is 100% added affinity
!!!!
This is important! I'm totally gonna mess around with editing some stuff after work today! This is totally my favorite kinda find.
Where does this mod file get put? Folder path, that is.

A quick look at something like Quick Sheath shows how they break it down. The values for the 1,2, and 3 are, in decimal, 110, 120, and 140, which makes me think it's an animation multiplier. Potentially, something like 200 could see you putting your weapon away twice as fast, which is exciting for something like HBG. Can't wait to actually test this!

Added: Evade Window seems to be as simple as how many iframes are added. Research shows that each level of Evade Window just adds another frame, and the file shows an increased integer with each level (2 at 2, 5 at 5). I'm probably gonna see if changing that adds iframes or not then I'll report back.
it would seem that all equipment related mods are in Local monster hunter world folder/nativepc/common/equip

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

So I've asked multiple times in the other thread. But I haven't gotten a lick of a response yet. It was more of a request, but I'm going to make it a question.

Since we can modify elemental damage (Poison/Explosive/Sleep, etc etc) Is t here a way to change the amount of damage it actually does. I'm asking due to wanting to play with Poison and want it to tick high on monsters like a DoT style of play.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

TemptingIcarus wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:42 pm
So I've asked multiple times in the other thread. But I haven't gotten a lick of a response yet. It was more of a request, but I'm going to make it a question.

Since we can modify elemental damage (Poison/Explosive/Sleep, etc etc) Is t here a way to change the amount of damage it actually does. I'm asking due to wanting to play with Poison and want it to tick high on monsters like a DoT style of play.
I haven't personally run across anything of that nature yet, however there has to be a place where that data is defined. I was looking for a way to add above the max of 33 skills to a player character when i accidentally ran into and identified the skill data master file. If i run across it, i will post it. there are 3 levels i have seen based on how resistant to poison a monster is which are 10, 16 and 20 or in hex a, 10, and 14. I will see what i can do!

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:35 am
TemptingIcarus wrote:

I haven't personally run across anything of that nature yet, however there has to be a place where that data is defined. I was looking for a way to add above the max of 33 skills to a player character when i accidentally ran into and identified the skill data master file. If i run across it, i will post it. there are 3 levels i have seen based on how resistant to poison a monster is which are 10, 16 and 20 or in hex a, 10, and 14. I will see what i can do!
Thanks a lot man. Appreciate it. Just wanna see if its possible to increase Poison Tick damage. As Poison is the weakest status in the game right now.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

TemptingIcarus wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:50 am
Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:35 am
TemptingIcarus wrote:

Thanks a lot man. Appreciate it. Just wanna see if its possible to increase Poison Tick damage. As Poison is the weakest status in the game right now.
Your welcome! My only question regarding poison; is there a master definition for tick damage, or is it defined on a per monster basis?
I would think it is possible as it seems simplest to define it master, and i would also think if defined on a per monster basis that you would see more variation on the tick damage than what we currently see, of course it could also be defined in the mhw exe directly as well making changing it an engine limitation which is what i am starting to think is the case with the skills limit.

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

Well. I can apply poison to any monster. Like Rathian, she has a tolerance to poison, and the damage would be lower, but she's not immune. No monster is immune to any status. They just have a high tolerance to it.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

I know, that is where i got the differentiation between tolerances for damage numbers of 20, 16 and 10 depending upon the resistance to poison a monster has. I have spend a few hours looking for this poison data and i unfortunately must report that i have been unable to find it in any of the equipment configuration files and i looked a few other places as well. I am going to continue to try to find several things including the poison tick damage but i am really beginning to think it might be per monster, or defined within the executable itself. the vaal hazak set bonus of super recover is the same way, its in the skills data file, but with just a 1 for on and a 0 for off with no way to increase the amount of health recovered that i have been able to find.

For the upcoming fall harvest festival within the game, i am going to host a cheaters room when I'm online if the kulve taroth siege is included in the fest as that is always a blast to play multiplayer.

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

Is it possible to unlock the new seasonal items we have coming out for the 5th?

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

TemptingIcarus wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:47 pm
Is it possible to unlock the new seasonal items we have coming out for the 5th?
That would depend on if the models for those items have been placed into the game yet! I know wyvern ignition greatsword is properly craftable using the cheat table because its model is in the game however, some armor or weapons which are not yet game model wise have been able to crash the game so i would advise caution on that at this time.

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

Well I have the Spring Blossom Festival Stuff on and the models work. I just want to unlock them, I don't mind the crashes. It just means not to use them. Lol.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

TemptingIcarus wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:41 am
Well I have the Spring Blossom Festival Stuff on and the models work. I just want to unlock them, I don't mind the crashes. It just means not to use them. Lol.
If they have been implemented in the game files at all at this time then they should be craftable using the unlock armor/weapon for current tier option on the cheat table by squall8 and the ignore crafting requirements option(to allow for crafting them without needing the items). The events however, when siekur0 gets back from his vacation and updates his table, the unlock all event/challenge quests option should open those up for play. Also, regarding your desire for modified poison tick damage, as i have yet to find that or a few other things i am looking for, i have put out a call on the nexus for some help in either the form of a mod, or tutorial on how to do it. if anything pops i will let you know.