Newbie - Assault Cube Address Questions

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Learner
Noobzor
Noobzor

Newbie - Assault Cube Address Questions

Post by Learner »

Hey guys I am new to coding and finding addresses in CE. I have a couple questions out of curiosity hope some of you can help me out.

1) Let say I’m trying to find recoil address. I have seen multiple tutorials methods stating to find it by decreased/increased values as hot keys etc. and some other method. But wouldn’t it be easier to find it inside the local player base data structure instead of searching values? I thought everything relating to the player is stored in local player base. Just confused.

2) Another question, I am trying to find the ammo address. I got leaded from 3 multilevel pointers offsets which were: 0x0, 0x14, 0x374 which directed me to the static local player base pointer 0x509b74. Now I look inside of it by dissect data structure and find the ammo offset 0x150 - I assume this is the final offset address for ammo right?
So when I code in Visual Studio I can use this Local Player Base + 0x150? So what are the 3 other offsets before used for then? Just confused about what offset to use and what they are called....

koderkrazy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Newbie - Assault Cube Address Questions

Post by koderkrazy »

Learner wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:08 am
1) Let say I’m trying to find recoil address. But wouldn’t it be easier to find it inside the local player base data structure instead of searching values?
I think recoil is the property of the weapon you are using. In most of the game it changes based on gun stock\barrel if they are configurable.
It would be defiantly easier to find if you've got the base address of weapon or player(if player data structure has pointer to weapon)
I am trying to find the ammo address. I got leaded from 3 multilevel pointers offsets which were: 0x0, 0x14, 0x374 which directed me to the static local player base pointer 0x509b74. Now I look inside of it by dissect data structure and find the ammo offset 0x150 - I assume this is the final offset address for ammo right?
So when I code in Visual Studio I can use this Local Player Base + 0x150? So what are the 3 other offsets before used for then? Just confused about what offset to use and what they are called....
You encountered multilevel pointers mostly because:
1. object may share same subObjects(pointers) as variables. But variable(subObject) offset changes as per object definition in code. E.g. Player.weaponStats and Weapon.stats could be same object and it can be accessed using different offsets. like [eax+150](for player) vs [eax+14](for Weapon)
2. If object is passed as parameter to a method then it's access in method code using esp or ebp registers. e.g mostly like [esp+8]/[esp+14]/[ebp-C]
Instead of multilevel pointers try to go for big non multilevel pointers.
-