Monster Hunter World Modded Armor and Decorations

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
soulkey
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Monster Hunter World Modded Armor and Decorations

Post by soulkey »

Deviljho wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:58 pm
soulkey wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:55 pm
Deviljho wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 am
Been trying out the editor, and I fixed the armor mod. However, it was kinda tedious so I only did the alpha and gamma sets. Also, I never liked the beta sets because they for the most part looked uglier and if any colors were off I would just change them. The problem was the fact chunk zero was used. Just as mentioned previously in the thread by others. You need to use chunk three. Otherwise, weird things happen.

So, they have three gem slots. At level three. Their skills are maxed as well. I tested it myself, and no problems or weird glitches occurred. The problems with the UI are gone.

Another thing is that I couldn't figure out how to do charms or weapons. So, you are going to have figure that out yourself.

common.7z

Just put it in your NativePC folder in the game directory.
Can you modify the set skills to the maximum? I tried to do it myself, but the editor gets a crash in my system.
You max those out anyway if you have enough pieces of the set. Unless you like to use separate sets together. In which case... I can try? Not sure if it would work on mine either. If yours crashed. Which version did you use? 1.2?
If you are referring to the version that I am currently using, I am using the file you uploaded. The files in idlehand88 are not compatible with my system because they are too old version. thx

DamSF
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DamSF »

soulkey wrote:
Can you modify the set skills to the maximum? I tried to do it myself, but the editor gets a crash in my system.
Here's a version I made of the Deviljho's mod with set skills to be maxed with a single piece (only in Alpha version of the armors).
Attachments
Max Set Skills.7z
Only works for the Alpha version of the armors!
(10.64 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Kyoshiro
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Kyoshiro »

is it possible to have both alpha and beta sets to have 3 level 3 jewels slots and maxed skill with 1 jewel and 1 armor piece like it used to? i have too much loadouts that mixes a lot of em. really appreciate it if someone can post it. :(

DamSF
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DamSF »

Kyoshiro wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:59 pm
is it possible to have both alpha and beta sets to have 3 level 3 jewels slots and maxed skill with 1 jewel and 1 armor piece like it used to? i have too much loadouts that mixes a lot of em. really appreciate it if someone can post it. :(
Yes, it's possible. I was actually doing it, but the editor crashed and I got too depressed to start over again.
I'll finish it and post here in next hours.

Deviljho
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deviljho »

soulkey wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:08 pm
Deviljho wrote:
soulkey wrote:

You max those out anyway if you have enough pieces of the set. Unless you like to use separate sets together. In which case... I can try? Not sure if it would work on mine either. If yours crashed. Which version did you use? 1.2?
If you are referring to the version that I am currently using, I am using the file you uploaded. The files in idlehand88 are not compatible with my system because they are too old version. thx
Actually meant the version of the editor you are using. The editor suite is getting updated a lot, and each one is progressively more stable. Which means less crashing when trying to edit things, and more options to edit things that you couldn't before.

Deviljho
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deviljho »

Also, for people who want to edit charms:

[Link]
[Link]

Sneaky buggers.

Also, here is an edit of my previous file but now with charms. I edited all upgrade-able charms to have max skills and three gem slots once you reach the end of their line. As for the rest you don't upgrade? They get three slots, and max skills by default.
common.7z
(10.86 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

soulkey
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by soulkey »

Deviljho wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:28 am
soulkey wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:08 pm
Deviljho wrote:

Actually meant the version of the editor you are using. The editor suite is getting updated a lot, and each one is progressively more stable. Which means less crashing when trying to edit things, and more options to edit things that you couldn't before.
When it comes to editors, I tried latest version 1.2 but it was not compatible with me, either. Anyway, thank you for using the mode well.

soulkey
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by soulkey »

DamSF wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:40 pm
soulkey wrote:
Here's a version I made of the Deviljho's mod with set skills to be maxed with a single piece (only in Alpha version of the armors).
Thank you very much for creating the mode. I'll use it well.

vosszaa
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by vosszaa »

How do you guys know which armor is which?

Deviljho
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deviljho »

vosszaa wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:01 am

Don't think you're using the right .dat.

You are supposed to use armor.am_dat in the equip section of common.

DamSF
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DamSF »

vosszaa wrote:

There's something wrong with your files, here it shows the correct names and IDs.

[Link]

vosszaa
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by vosszaa »

Deviljho wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:28 am
vosszaa wrote:

It is armor.am_dat - Suit v1.2

I also try opening the file that Idlehands88 upload in the original post and it still doesnt display the name correctly

Deviljho
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deviljho »

vosszaa wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:49 am
Deviljho wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:28 am
vosszaa wrote:

It is armor.am_dat - Suit v1.2

I also try opening the file that Idlehands88 upload in the original post and it still doesnt display the name correctly
You see that's the problem. Okay, first:

You need to make this into a chunk directory before modding it. Go to steamapps, and copy chunk 3 from your game. Use the World Chunk tool to unpack it. Don't bother with idlehand's armor mods. They use chunk 0. It is not going to work properly anymore. You can use his decoration mods. That works fine. Everything else doesn't.

https://www.fearlessrevolution.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/6

World Chunk Tool, and just copy your chunk 3 to the folder with the World Chunk tool. Open a Chunk directory with the editor, and choose the folder with the unpacked chunk 3. Wherever you put it.

After this just edit and change that .dat, or replace it with another armor.am_dat from chunk 3. Then put it into NativePC with the right order of folders, common, equip, etc.

vosszaa
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by vosszaa »

Deviljho wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:54 am

Tell me im not crazy

Deviljho
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Deviljho »

vosszaa wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:26 pm
Deviljho wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:54 am

Tell me im not crazy
Okay, this is weird. What version of the game do you have? Did you update, and get Kulve Taroth?

Also, it is supposed to look like this:

I think it might be because you took those dats out of equip. They need to be in equip when you edit them.