memory addresses in ara fell keep on changing

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
cns00
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by cns00 »

i am trying to make a cheat table for the game ara fell using cheat engine. i think ara fell was made using the software rpg maker

i run the game and then select the process of the game in cheat engine. the process is a hex address and then the exe file name

for example say i want to modify gold. i do a search for the current amount of gold that i have in cheat engine, i find the memory address for the gold, i modify the gold value in that memory address and it gets modified in the game. when i gain gold in the game then the gold value of the memory address will automatically change. i add a description for that memory address and call it gold, i save the cheat table then i close the cheat table and the game

the problem is when i run the game again. now when i again select the process of the game in cheat engine there is a different hex address before the exe file name. because of that the gold cheat no longer works because the memory address of the gold value changed and it became something else. i have to again do a search for my current gold value in cheat engine, find the new memory address of the gold value and change the gold value of the new memory address

this is a hassle because i am unable to save a cheat table for the game with descriptions and their corresponding memory addresses because the next time i run the game all the memory addresses have changed

why is this happening? am i doing something wrong?
Last edited by cns00 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

That's just the why most processes are now, look into [U][URL='https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/pointers.6507/']pointers[/URL][/U], you may want to try the [URL='https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/cheat-engine-tutorial-guide-x32-part-1.6515/'][U]CE tutorial[/U][/URL], it goes over pointers and a lot of useful stuff.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

You just need to [I]upgrade[/I] your skills. I'd start reading more, testing more, learning injections and hooking than wonder why there are things past my knowledge. Well, you know how to get your knowledge to that level. Ain't gonna be pretty is what I'm telling you; but it'll be rewarding and worth the time spent ;)

cns00
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by cns00 »

ok. i went over it and i found out how to use pointers

but the problem is some things use 2 memory addresses instead of one. for example if i want to change the number of skill points i have to change the value of 2 memory addresses. i know how to create pointers when there is 1 memory address and not 2. do i have tor repeat the process for each memory address?

FreeER
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by FreeER »

[QUOTE="cns00, post: 43794, member: 14798"]i know how to create pointers when there is 1 memory address and not 2. do i have tor repeat the process for each memory address?[/QUOTE]If they're nearby in memory you can just change the final offset to get a path to the other, even if they're not you might be able to play with the other offsets (in case there's another pointer stored nearby to it), otherwise, yes.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

You're being fooled by the fact that one address controls what you see on-screen, while the other is the real deal. If you change the one that doesn't update on-screen, through in-game actions, you will see it updates to your changed amount + earned amount. And both address will get updated to the same value.

hysspy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by hysspy »

[USER=14798]@cns00[/USER] : I've make a table for this game "Ara Fell". It's really old rpg maker games, rpg maker 2000 maybe :D

Here link to my post : [URL='https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/ara-fell-7-rpgm-games.6621/']Link Table Ara Fell[/URL] . I hope this table compatible with yours ;)