Help with They Are Billions

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
TryHard
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Help with They Are Billions

Post by TryHard »

first i'm a newbie with cheat engine but i'm trying to learn :P

i'm having trouble finding values for food and workers in They Are Billions i tried all value type just can't find it :oops:
i appreciate if someone can give me a tip or tell me what i'm doing wrong, didn't have any problem with any other game so far this is driving me insane
oh and plz don't link me to a table i'm trying to figure this out and learn how to do it ;)

i'm using lastest version steam
sorry for the newbie question and my bad English

UltimatePoto42
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Help with They Are Billions

Post by UltimatePoto42 »

Based on the table here viewtopic.php?t=5642, It looks like it's a D-Word (4 bytes) integer, so I'm betting that it's not stored the same as what the game shows. Try "Unknown" to start then "Increased/Decreased" (or "Changed/Unchanged" if that fails). But also based on the code from that table it looks like things might be a bit more dynamic. I would even try asking in that topic. I know when I post a table, I'm generally willing to help some one learn how to make a table on their own.

Post more information.
What scan types did you use (i.e.: Have you only scanned for an exact value)?
What direction did you go (i.e.: Increased display value = Increased scan).

TryHard
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by TryHard »

thx for the reply but i still can't find it yes i tried searching with unknown initial value but i only find the visual representation of them
but thx anyways i keep at it, it's definitely something that i keep getting wrong i try asking the table autur for some tips

UltimatePoto42
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by UltimatePoto42 »

If you have the display value, try and see where and from what that value gets written. It could be some kind of basic encryption, some times just a simple XOR with the value as the source and destination operands.

Kalas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Kalas »

Just from experience with the game, the values are exact.. no encryption whatsoever.

Finding gold will lead you to find also Workers, and all the other stats in the dissect data structure.