How to make game PAUSED or SLOWED DOWN? (Asphalt StreetStorm)

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
marek1957
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

How to make game PAUSED or SLOWED DOWN? (Asphalt StreetStorm)

Post by marek1957 »

Hello People,
How are you all?
I am trying since 3 days to hack the Asphalt StreetStorm game. But I have a very big problem. The problem is that I cannot pause the game and I cannot slow down the game.

What I want to hack? I think that this game is almost fully server-sided but I wanna hack the speed of acceleration. I know that this THING is stored in my PC so I know that there is a way to hack the acceleration but for that I need to slowdown the gameplay because when I am scanning for change/unchange values, I finish the race too quickly and I do not have time to check all results.

Maybe some of you know how to slowdown this game or make it pause?

FreeER
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: How to make game PAUSED or SLOWED DOWN? (Asphalt StreetStorm)

Post by FreeER »

If it's server-sided it's not going to happen. You could probably mess with the client that displays things to you but that's like changing a livestream, you're not actually affecting what happens to anyone else and the livestream still ends when the streamer decides that it ends; You just lose the ability to react to things as they actually happen because you're living in your own world, one that's probably really laggy/jerky because the server keeps trying to get you back in sync with reality so you can react to whats actually happening.

However CE does have a pause option in the "Advanced Options" button in the very bottom left, hidden with the code list window. It's the same pausing it has for scanning however so if that doesn't work then neither will this one. You can also set a hotkey for it in the settings.

marek1957
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by marek1957 »

Pause option is working in Advanced System Menu but I cannot slow down the game so I dont have a time to check all the results which CE found. How to slow down this game? Speedhack from Cheat Engine is working perfectly in other games, but in this game isn't working at all.

marek1957
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by marek1957 »

And I am 100% sure that we can hack acceleration but for this, I need to slowdown the game but I don't know how to do it.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Find the timer and slow that down. But if it's all sever side then this won't work either, and would be the same thing speed hack is doing. And it racing games I tend to find that I can hack both Velocity and coordinate Deltas, but the Y coord. tends to be tricky.

marek1957
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by marek1957 »

Hacking timer won't help because this game is a drag game. I want to slowdown this game because the road ends before I check all addresses.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

marek1957 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:39 pm
Hacking timer won't help because this game is a drag game. I want to slowdown this game because the road ends before I check all addresses.
Not the race timer, the games timer(s).

marek1957
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by marek1957 »

ahhhhhhhh!! Ok, I will try to do that but.. how to find something like this?? I have never searched for something like this. Maybe you have any tutorial about that?

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Well it can be a timer or timers that count a second as a single or double going from 0 to some number say 1, with a constant counting timer stored as an integer (so start at timer you can find and find out what makes that fire). Or it could be a constant counting float that saves with the game or gets reset every so often. You could just hook the windows timer API, but I think this is what speed hack does.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Hi there.

Speed (v) = distance (d) x time (t). Distance between two points is depending on the coordinates of the two points (x1,y1; x2,y2 - in an x0y plane; xyz in 3D-plane). Considering these coordinates are sync'd with the game server, how can you say "it's not checked"? :) Simple math/physics:

[Link]
[Link]

Peace,
Sun

movss
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by movss »

the speedhack function is only hook the api of timeGetTime ()
if it dosn't works ,i think two resions:
1 the game has hooked the timegettime() by .sys file
2 the server of Game checks and writes the speed in time