Asphalt 8 - Problem with script, the values are changing to VERY BIG numbers and crashing the game

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
marek1957
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Asphalt 8 - Problem with script, the values are changing to VERY BIG numbers and crashing the game

Post by marek1957 »

Hey brothers,
I have a problem with my script for Asphalt 8 v3.4.0m. I made a script for Free Bosters (+1 Free everytime when you click the button) but when I add Free Booster, the time of boosters is changing to unimaginable numbers which leads then to the crash of the game - you can see in the picture what I mean.

I was trying to change the values in my script (2 bytes, 4 bytes etc.) and when I change the value to different than +10, the game is always crashing after one click on any booster.

How to fix my script that my script when activated, it won't be adding a crazy time to boosters, only it will be adding +1 amount to the boosters?

---------------------------------------

My script for Free Boosters +1:

Code: Select all

[ENABLE]
alloc(newmem,2048)
label(returnhere)
label(originalcode)
label(exit)

newmem:

originalcode:
add dword ptr [esi+0000033C],+10

exit:
jmp returnhere

"Asphalt8.exe"+9BAA6E:
jmp newmem
nop
nop
returnhere:

[DISABLE]
dealloc(newmem)
"Asphalt8.exe"+9BAA6E:
add dword ptr [esi+0000033C],-10
//Alt: db 83 86 3C 03 00 00 F0

Blayde
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Asphalt 8 - Problem with script, the values are changing to VERY BIG numbers and crashing the game

Post by Blayde »

Hold on. Installing windows right now

marek1957
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Asphalt 8 - Problem with script, the values are changing to VERY BIG numbers and crashing the game

Post by marek1957 »

Ok, I'm waiting.

Acido
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Acido »

Well since the original code subtracts 16 (add -0x10) maybe try subtract 32 instead? (add -0x20) But looks to be the duration code you're changing.

Prometheus
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Prometheus »

Is it possible you are just one byte or word off target (I've run into that sometimes)? This might be a case of the Little Endian vs. the Big Endian :lol:

Another possibility is maybe you found a multiplier instead of an integer value? Maybe you just want to use a word value, not a double-word (might be overflowing)?

Just a few stabs in the dark.