Subsistence Issue

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Kalas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Subsistence Issue

Post by Kalas »

So It's like Shadow Warrior 2 all over again.

Same Instruction is accessing everything, Ammo, Sticks aka. Items.

mov [eax],ecx - This is the instruction.

There are no Strings so how could I separate them so I can do Inf. Items for example or Inf. Health instead of accessing everything.

FreeER
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Subsistence Issue

Post by FreeER »

Well there's a subsistence table in the github repo here: [Link]

Looks like someone found a point in the code that let's them access a base structure with stamina, hunger, water, proteins, and fruits stored in it so they can just check to see whether the user has toggle the options on or not (if so they set the values, presumably, to max). It's also got separate scripts for godmode and ammo.

Generically if you haven't learned how to use the structure dissect tool in CE you'll probably find that helpful here: [Link] and [Link]

If not however, you can also compare values on the stack and see if you can find something unique there: [Link]

Kalas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Kalas »

Yea I know how to use Dissect, but I will try it with this game, It's heck of a job :P

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

I have mentioned this to you before...
++METHOS wrote:You will need to segregate any code that you intend to manipulate.
++METHOS wrote:
  • You can use a pointer address for your filter, inside of your script, for the value that you are trying to manipulate.
  • You can use pointer trees inside of the data structure to find something viable.
  • You can shift the data structure (+ or -) and/or expand its size to find something useful.
  • You can use the structure spider to find workable strings and/or for comparative analysis.
  • You can check the register values by attaching the debugger or setting a breakpoint to see if something can be used for your filter.
  • You can check to see if there are any instructions that are exclusive to the address/value that you are trying to manipulate and store the address for your filter by creating a second injection point.
  • You can check to see if there are any instructions that are exclusive to any other address/value inside of the data structure for the address/value that you are trying to manipulate and store the address for your filter by creating a second injection point.
  • You can analyze assembly code to see if an identifier is being checked or assigned somewhere.
  • Et al.

Kalas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Kalas »

Explained but thought someone is familiar with Unreal Engine and tried hacking this game.

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

If you do not take the time to learn it, you will keep having this problem.

Kalas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Kalas »

Yea It's not as easy as It is for others.

I'm trying It's not as easy I'm just trying to see if someone has been messing around with it to make the process easier for me.

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

Easy is relative. It is a process; it takes time. :mrgreen:

Kalas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Kalas »

Yea, thank you though I'm going to watch some Stephan Chapman videos all over again :)

FreeER
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by FreeER »

++METHOS wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:58 pm
Easy is relative. It is a process; it takes time. :mrgreen:
Indeed, it's taken me a few years to get to the point that I'm at now and I'm sure there's still far far more for me to learn :lol: