Base address

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Razer1991
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Base address

Post by Razer1991 »

Hello people, i just started using cheat engine and im having a hard time when i try to find the base address of a cheat im trying to make, the thing is that i can find the address and edit the value but everytime i close and open the game again the address just change and i have to find it again so i guess i need to find the base address to be able to edit the numbres when i want (the values goes from 0 to 3) i tryed the option "pointer scan for this address" but i couldn't find the base address with that method i dont know if i did something wrong but i found 184 results with the first scan so i decided to try them all after all it wasn't too much but no one of them shared the same value of the address i originaly found so i guess none of those results where the base address.

If anyone could tell me if i did something wrong or if there is another way to find the base address i would greatly appreciate the help :P

Cielos
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Re: Base address

Post by Cielos »

one of the another way is to use the debugger to trace the codes, you can "create" a pointer by injecting your own aa codes to the game.
do some of the tutorials that came with CE first is recommended, and/or visit the CE forum if you're stuck, you should be able to find a solution very soon.

narcolepticnerd
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by narcolepticnerd »

I have found the Best way to find a base address is to look for something common on the game ammo, health, supplies depending on what you need, once you narrow it down right click and choose what accesses this address, and look at the instructions that are accessing it.

say the offset is +3c5 of ammo

if you see a lot of [rax+3c5] for example you shoot something or pick up ammo

sub [rax+3c5],edi
add [rax+3c5],edi

so its safe to assume that [rax+3c5] is the ammo

now we want to use the base address

we start an autoassembly script

add 2 llines to it globalalloc(ammo, 4 if its 32 bit and 8 if its 64 bit

globalalloc(ammo,8)

we now before the actual injection add

mov [ammo],rax

this moves the base address rax into our variable ammo

Once I get my screenshot app working again I can show pictures of it working, some reason its not working at the moment.

Now any address you add you can use ammo as the address and add the offset like [ammo]+offset or as a pointer use ammo and then the offset in the offset input box

Betcha
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Betcha »

If injection is made on shared instruction, -
globalalloc will work like mess without separating values out with cmp.

narcolepticnerd
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by narcolepticnerd »

Betcha wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:58 pm
If injection is made on shared instruction, -
globalalloc will work like mess without separating values out with cmp.
yes true but he just was asking about base address, didnt mention anything about dissecting and seperating from shared values. I know thats when you have to start using cmp to compare and jump or proceed.