Mafia 3 Cordinates issue..

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
XaneXXXX
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Mafia 3 Cordinates issue..

Post by XaneXXXX »

In the end i want to make a teleport to waypoint script. But right now i have a problem, i have found the player cordinates and the waypoint cordinates. The issue that i have is, Let's say that i freeze the Z cordinate with a high value. It's very buggy, Sometimes he flies up in the air and then falls down again. I tried noping EVERY function/register that writes to the Z cordinate but the same thing occurs. Sometimes he doesn't even move up until i jump over something like a car. Here is an example gif:

[Link]

I have the Z cordinate frozen to a high value during the entire gif, Only when i jump up on the car he flies up but starting to go down again. And yes I'm sure that the compare doesn't inflict with anything else then my player cords only.

I really don't get it. If nothing writes to the Z cordinate, how can i still fall down? :S haha
Any idea why this is happening? Never seen anything like it. Cheers!

Edit: This is what writes to the Z cordinate if it helps:

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Re: Mafia 3 Cordinates issue..

Post by gir489 »

I ran in to the same issue and gave it the fuck-it adjustment.

It's a physics issue. You're basically going from Z to Z+delta, and that delta is interpreted as velocity. It's just how the engine works. CBF'd to fix it, because I didn't know how to find the velocity. When I looked at what read the coordinates, it was like 20+ lines, and that's when I get it the FIA.

Good luck, though.

XaneXXXX
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by XaneXXXX »

gir489 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:02 pm
I ran in to the same issue and gave it the fuck-it adjustment.

It's a physics issue. You're basically going from Z to Z+delta, and that delta is interpreted as velocity. It's just how the engine works. CBF'd to fix it, because I didn't know how to find the velocity. When I looked at what read the coordinates, it was like 20+ lines, and that's when I get it the FIA.

Good luck, though.
Thanks for your answer! Hmm that makes sense.. But what did you mean by " CBF'd to fix it"?

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

[Link]'d.

There's a Lua function that sets the player's coordinates. You could try reversing it and see how it sets the Z position without engaging the physics engine.

XaneXXXX
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by XaneXXXX »

gir489 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:38 pm
[Link]'d.

There's a Lua function that sets the player's coordinates. You could try reversing it and see how it sets the Z position without engaging the physics engine.
Yeah i used LUA first. But since the scripthook is outdated/bad coded or whatever. It crashes the game very often when teleporting etc. But thanks for tip. I might try that!