Observer, player invisibility

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Licestep
Noobzor
Noobzor

Observer, player invisibility

Post by Licestep » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Could you help me? I want make player invisible to monsters, but I never hacking games with this type of gameplay before.

I think, there is some kind of binary value, one of them "enemy is seeing player" and second "enemy does not see player".
I need to search unknown value, showing myself to monster and search for changed values, or what?

Kalas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Observer, player invisibility

Post by Kalas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:42 am

Licestep wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:44 pm
Could you help me? I want make player invisible to monsters, but I never hacking games with this type of gameplay before.

I think, there is some kind of binary value, one of them "enemy is seeing player" and second "enemy does not see player".
I need to search unknown value, showing myself to monster and search for changed values, or what?
Well not sure how this game works, but in most games an enemy has a "camera" which he detects you, some games show an indicator like in Mafia 3 and Dishonored 2, you simply go to an enemy, when he starts to notice you you start the search, raise the bar a bit and search for inc, then try to lower it by hiding, search for dec. until you found the value that controls the "Camera" which is the indicator, in some games there are flags so I would open dissect data, with the address you found, lock the first one and the second address you put beside the first one let the enemy detect you and see If there are any sort of flags, for example:

Address 1 and Address 2

Offset: before detection (value was 0), After detection offset is (3).

And so make a Script where you set all the flags (If there are any) to the point before you are detected.

An example:

mov [eax+98],#0 // That's moving 0 instead of 3 where you are detected.

I hope you understand my point, It's hard to explain mainly because I don't know the game, and how It works.

Licestep
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Licestep » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks, but there is no stealth indicator, but enemy have camera and radius, where he can detect player.
Tried to find unknown values, 4bytes, but still no result. Found ~14 values, which changing during enemy availability from 0 to 1 and one, that changing from 0 to 3, but after locking it enemy still can see me.

Licestep
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Licestep » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Maybe I found something, but there is another problem.

I found 30, as I think, proper adresses and stupidly freeze them all. Monster didn't see me (!), but I tried to come closer and game crashed. After reloading game and loading saved table I saw, that all values are 0 and don't work now. Adresses are dynamic, or what?