The Forest and General Games

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Kalas
Cheater
Cheater

The Forest and General Games

Post by Kalas » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:56 pm

So The Forest has a system build, I wanted to know how exactly can I do Instant Build?

For example you need like 10 Sticks and 20 Rocks to make a Campfire, so what should I look for, has somebody practiced it before? instant build or something.

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Re: The Forest and General Games

Post by ++METHOS » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Not familiar with the game.

Instant builds can be tricky, depending on how the target is handling the associated data and whether or not multiple, different requirements must be met.

In such a case where materials have to reach a certain point (high or low):

Build a structure.
While the structure is being constructed, search for the materials value of wood or stone (or whatever) as it changes during the construction process. That value may increase or decrease, depending.
Once found, check to see what is accessing it. From here, you may be able to use a single instruction, or you may have to make multiple injections to cover all materials. Write a script that will either set those values to 0, or to full (whatever that may be), depending. You may also need to write a script to set any flags that are required in order for the cheat to work properly.

Kalas
Cheater
Cheater

Re: The Forest and General Games

Post by Kalas » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Hmm ok i'll try thank you