Helping finding a good Tut...

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Silk
Cheater
Cheater

Helping finding a good Tut...

Post by Silk »

I have been using CE for awhile on and off in my single player games but would like to learn more complicated things past the simple stuff I can do.

For example I am able to search for values to then chnage them so I can have 999999gold or increase the amount of stackable items in my inventory.

For example in Grim Dawn I can do a 4 byte exact value search to find my gold and can lessen the results by selling something and doing a new search or buying something and doing a new exact value search.

I can also do a 4 byte exact/diminished value search for stackable items in my inventory. For example, searing embers, if I have at least 3 of the item I can do an exact value search and then then can diminish the results by doing new search by splitting the stack and doing a new exact value search or for a diminished value search. I can do this with 2 items but works much better if I have 3 or more.

I can also do the same when looking for the value that controls my health or mana/energy using a variation of the two methods above.

I can save the results as a CT and in many games just reload this rather than redoing searches.

That said this doesn't always work. In some games the adresse seems to change each time to go back to the main menu screen of reload the game, this is name annoying for the health/energy/mana values.

For example in Grim Dawn I can find the value for both health and energy BUT I have to use a slightly different method.

For energy I do an value between/ALL scan. If my full energy bar is at 2218 I set scan to value between 2217 and 2219 and set type to all. To reduce the results I use some energy (attack with a spell and get my energy almost empty) and do a new scan but change it to "Decreased value". To make the result list smaller I just do more scans but with "increased value" as in the game your energy regens by itself rather quickly.

When I have like 6 or 7 results max I just change the value of each on till I find the correct one, for grim dawn I know both health and energy are a "float" type.

This is where my skill pucker out..lol

I can reuse these value I have found and load them from a ct as long as I do not close the game or go back to the main menu. If I do reload the game or go to main menu I have to re do the searches for both as the saved CT does not work.

I want to learn how to make a CT for that that does work regardless of going back to the main menu or reloading the game but I am not sure what kind of tutorial I need to read up about? The some for pointer scan AOB etc etc

Where do I need to start?

Oh I also would like to be able to make a trainers but I gather I need to learn to do the above before I go into that?

Thanks for any helps or pointers to a guide I should be reading!

Squall8
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Re: Helping finding a good Tut...

Post by Squall8 »

Start with the cheat engine tutorial. Good info there.

Read some of Rydian's tutorials. I found these very helpful when I first started out. There is a lot of helpful content on the Cheat Engine Forums as well.
[Link] - Rydian's Guide To Basic AOBs And Scripts. There are a couple more links in there for his other guides.

If you're serious about learning, message me on discord.

Silk
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Silk »

Getting stuck at step 6 in the CE tut step 6. Once I found the value it say to find out what writes to this address and I get 4 results instead of one like the ce forum guide shows. Not sure if its because that guide is based on the CE 3.2 tut and and I am doing the 6.7 tut.

I must be doing something wrong as when I go to add manually I can't enter and adress after checking the pointer checkbox.

Squall8
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Squall8 »

For step 6, once you found the value, do a search for the found address in hex. A static (green) address should pop up. Add it to your table and double click on the address. When you do you should find something like this in the address box: "Tutorial-i386.exe"+1FD630. Now click on 'add address manually', check the pointer box and paste ""Tutorial-i386.exe"+1FD630" into the bottom box. Freeze the value at 5000 and click 'change pointer'.

Silk
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Silk »

Is getting late here (2:30) am so might stop here or maybe do a script for health in grim dawn lol. That link you gave me to Rydian's guide is amazeballs awesome! Thank you so much for sending me there!!!

I have figured out how to do script really quickly compared to the hours of messing around I have been doing just following his guide from steps 2b to 5. I now know how to add a script that works even if I reload the game or go back to main menu, got one for energy working will do health next.

Silk
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Silk »

I had way more trouble finding out how to stop damage to health as it kept making mobs invincible too lol. I did several things like trying to make a script like I did for energy but couldn't get that working even following a disassembling guide so messed around trying different things and I learned more about pointers and managed to find a really easy to follow guide which allowed me to learn how to "scan for pointers" saving the scans reloading the game scan again etc etc till I got down to like 270 results.

Was able to use a couple pointers from the results to make a health freeze that persists through reloads etc. I then went on to figure out how to make a trainer!

Need to get nice icons and side images for that now..lol