Looking for some guidance, (Atk range limit making a new address)

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Ybasdf
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Looking for some guidance, (Atk range limit making a new address)

Post by Ybasdf »

So I'm trying to make an attack range cheat for MHUR, I have found the address, but when I set the value beyond the maximum, another address limits the value to the max, if I write a script to counter this from being overwritten (changing it to the desired value) it gets limited by another new address, What is the best way to overcome this? I know it's possible to do because I have seen other people do it. I just can't seem to figure it out.
If you need specifics I would be glad to do the search again, find it and post what is going on in assembly. I'm kind of new to this, but I would like to get a handle on it. I have been able to make other cheats that work with dynamic addresses, but I can't seem to deal with this issue of it jumping to a new address when changed.
And just to clarify I'm not talking about addresses changing when I restart the game, I'm trying to be as clear as I can, but I'll try
I find the address for the attack range (I think, it seems that way)
I change that addresses value, if its over the maximum which is 15
another address changes it to the maximum (freezing it doesn't work)
If I write a script for the address that changes the first address, and have it change it to my desired value then
another address writes to the original address limiting it, and everytime I write a script for the new overwritting address
another one pops up and limits it.
I hope I was clear enough, Any help will be really appreciated!!