[Solved] Rapid Fire & No Recoil

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
arlight1
Cheater
Cheater

[Solved] Rapid Fire & No Recoil

Post by arlight1 »

Hi there!
I've been creating a table for ME: Andromeda recently. I was able to create a bunch of different hacks for it so far such as no spread, move speed multiplier, unlimited ammo, 1-hit kill, and other common hacks. I created these with simple 'find address, what accesses it, aob injection, etc.' Something I was unable to find, however, was rapid fire and no recoil.

I've googled and read the common methods of finding no recoil, such as Dark's process of 'fire a weapon and a countdown timer begins.' I was successful in finding several addresses with what appears to be a timer till I can shoot again, but none of them allow firing again once frozen.

In terms of recoil, I really sunk a lot of time into this one with no luck. I've looked in the memory view window for changing bytes when I was shooting, I've tried noping out instruction (usually ended in a crash), and I've tried freezing the game when shooting and looking for increased value. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful in these fronts. I've viewed a couple videos on this as well to see how the procedure works, but I guess Andromeda is slightly different.

So my question is, what are some other ways no recoil and rapid fire hacks can be approached? What is the process behind those hacks that might work different from what I described above.
Thanks.

STN
Founder
Founder

Re: Rapid Fire & No Recoil

Post by STN »

change conditional jumps around ammo routine for the rapid fire and recoil cheat. It's a time consuming, messy way but it works most of the time.

You can also do the mem searching way. Also remember it depends on each weapon too, pistol is more noticeable.

I lost interest in the game and made more cheats than needed or i would've done this cheat myself. Maybe ceilos or someone else who worked on this game can help guide you in the right direction.

arlight1
Cheater
Cheater

Post by arlight1 »

STN wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:08 am
change conditional jumps around ammo routine for the rapid fire and recoil cheat. It's a time consuming, messy way but it works most of the time.

You can also do the mem searching way. Also remember it depends on each weapon too, pistol is more noticeable.

I lost interest in the game and made more cheats than needed or i would've done this cheat myself. Maybe ceilos or someone else who worked on this game can help guide you in the right direction.
Thanks, I'll see what I can find when I dig around the jump surrounding the ammo write. Just curious, why do you say pistol is more noticeable?

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Some guns are automatic already whereas a pistol is not.

arlight1
Cheater
Cheater

Post by arlight1 »

STN wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:15 am
Ahh ok, I see what you're saying. Andromeda has a couple slow-firing sniper rifles. I used those when attempting to get the rapid fire address, so that's my go-to weapons class. By the way, I'm a fan of Emily Grey as well :D

arlight1
Cheater
Cheater

Post by arlight1 »

An update on this...
I did something that I think might be looked down upon. I wasn't able to find recoil and rapid fire myself, so I downloaded a trainer that had those specific hacks and watched what the trainer did when I activated/de-activated the specific hack. :oops:
I was able to get both successfully working after that, but the problem is I have no clue how it works, nor how the creator of the trainer found it. :cry:

arlight1
Cheater
Cheater

Post by arlight1 »

SunBeam wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:24 pm
Nah, why look down on yourself? :P The term "trainer" started off with exactly what it means: training, be it game or individual. The tool indirectly teach you how to achieve various aspects. And to understand what the coder did in there you'd debug the piece of executable code that the option uses. Then figure out its effect or what the author thought when reaching that location. It's not always the finding of a value in memory the start of the gamehacking process, ya know.

BR,
Sun
Very true, but I feel it kind of makes you reliant on someone else's hack process. Not to mention if there is no other source for you to lean on like the trainer in my case. I suppose I lucked out in that someone had already created the hacks and I was able to essentially 'copy' them, but it would still be great to know how to find and create those hacks yourself, y'know?

Veggy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Veggy »

arlight1 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:47 am
STN wrote:
Ahh ok, I see what you're saying. Andromeda has a couple slow-firing sniper rifles. I used those when attempting to get the rapid fire address, so that's my go-to weapons class. By the way, I'm a fan of Emily Grey as well :D
One thing to keep in mind arlight1, the fire rate of a weapon isn't a value that changes.
It's a constant value that belongs to a certain weapon type just like with super speed or super jump.
Recoil on the other hand is a value that increases and decreases as you shoot with your weapons.
Nopping the decreament routine gives you recoil, although the decreament routines are usually shared.
So I used to make the options from one spot.

Here's a snippet from what I mean, it's from Call of Duty Black Ops Update 6:

cmp B[RecoilFlag], 01h
jne > RapidFire
mov esi, [WeaponStruct]
mov D[esi+6F4h], 00000000h
mov D[esi+6F8h], 00000000h
mov D[esi+6FCh], 00000000h
mov D[esi+700h], 00000000h
RapidFire:
cmp B[RapidFireFlag], 01h
jne > GrenadeImpact
mov esi, [WeaponStruct]
mov D[esi+3ACh], 00000000h

arlight1
Cheater
Cheater

Post by arlight1 »

Veggy wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:22 am
arlight1 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:47 am
STN wrote:
One thing to keep in mind arlight1, the fire rate of a weapon isn't a value that changes.
It's a constant value that belongs to a certain weapon type just like with super speed or super jump.
Recoil on the other hand is a value that increases and decreases as you shoot with your weapons.
Nopping the decreament routine gives you recoil, although the decreament routines are usually shared.
So I used to make the options from one spot.

Here's a snippet from what I mean, it's from Call of Duty Black Ops Update 6:

cmp B[RecoilFlag], 01h
jne > RapidFire
mov esi, [WeaponStruct]
mov D[esi+6F4h], 00000000h
mov D[esi+6F8h], 00000000h
mov D[esi+6FCh], 00000000h
mov D[esi+700h], 00000000h
RapidFire:
cmp B[RapidFireFlag], 01h
jne > GrenadeImpact
mov esi, [WeaponStruct]
mov D[esi+3ACh], 00000000h
Interesting, thanks for sharing that. So what is [WeaponStruct] in this case? A pointer or set of pointers you have defined that describe the current weapon's structure? What do esi+6F4h to esi+700h contain? And how about esi+3ACh?

Veggy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Veggy »

arlight,

Weaponstruct is defined to be a variable I have declared inside a .dll which holds the CURRENT weaponstructure (the structure from the current weapon you use).

To give you a better understanding here is the complete function:

Export FREW: ;Infinite Health ;;

;EBX Free

PushFD
PushAD
Mov [PlayerStruct], Edi
Mov [PlayerCoordsStruct], Ebx
;Copy counter
Mov Esi, [Ebx + 144H]
;Read counter Struct
Mov Eax, [ExeBase]
Add Eax, 7BC6E8H
Mov Esi, [Eax + Esi * 04H]
Mov Eax, [Esi + 08H]
Mov [WeaponStruct], Eax
;copy counter
Mov Esi, [Ebx + 134H]
Mov Eax, [ExeBase]
Add Eax, 7BC6E8H ;7BB6E8H - update 2/3
Mov Esi, [Eax + Esi * 04H]
Mov Eax, [Esi + 08H]
Mov [GrenadeStruct], Eax
;Start doing our cheats
Cmp B[HealthFlag], 01H
Jne > Teleport
Mov B[Edi + 184H], 64H
Teleport:
Cmp B[SaveFlag], 01H
Jne > Restore
Mov B[SaveFlag], 00H
Mov Esi, [Ebx + 24H]
Mov [Static1], Esi
Mov Esi, [Ebx + 28H]
Mov [Static2], Esi
Mov Esi, [Ebx + 2CH]
Mov [Static3], Esi
Restore:
Cmp B[RestoreFlag], 01H
Jne > Speed
Mov B[RestoreFlag], 00H
Mov Esi, [Static1]
Mov [Ebx + 24H], Esi
Mov Esi, [Static2]
Mov [Ebx + 28H], Esi
Mov Esi, [Static3]
Mov [Ebx + 2CH], Esi
Speed:
Cmp B[SpeedFlag], 01H
Jne > OrigSpeed
Mov D[Ebx + 1AD4H], 40200000H
OrigSpeed:
Cmp B[SpeedFlag], 02H
Jne > Jump
Mov B[SpeedFlag], 00H
Mov D[Ebx + 1AD4H], 3F800000H
Jump:
Cmp B[JumpFlag], 01H
Jne > OrigJump
Mov Esi, [ExeBase]
Add Esi, 7A5548H
Mov Eax, [Esi]
Mov D[Eax + 18H], 459C4000H
OrigJump:
Cmp B[JumpFlag], 02H
Jne > Accuracy
Mov B[JumpFlag], 00H
Mov Esi, [ExeBase]
Add Esi, 7A5548H
Mov Eax, [Esi]
Mov D[Eax + 18H], 421C0000H
Accuracy:
Cmp B[AccuracyFlag], 01H
Jne > Recoil
Mov Esi, [WeaponStruct]
Mov D[Esi + 4D8H], 00000000H
Recoil:
Cmp B[RecoilFlag], 01H
Jne > RapidFire
Mov Esi, [WeaponStruct]
Mov D[Esi + 6F4H], 00000000H
Mov D[Esi + 6F8H], 00000000H
Mov D[Esi + 6FCH], 00000000H
Mov D[Esi + 700H], 00000000H
RapidFire:
Cmp B[RapidFireFlag], 01H
Jne > GrenadeImpact
Mov Esi, [WeaponStruct]
Mov D[Esi + 3ACH], 00000000H
GrenadeImpact:
Cmp B[GrenImpactFlag], 01H
Jne > HugeImpact
Mov B[GrenImpactFlag], 00H
Mov Esi, [GrenadeStruct]
Mov D[Esi + 5C4H], 00000000H
HugeImpact:
Cmp B[GrenImpactFlag], 02H
Jne > OrigGrenImpact
Mov Esi, [GrenadeStruct]
Mov D[Esi + 5C4H], 44E10000H
OrigGrenImpact:
Cmp B[GrenImpactFlag], 03H
Jne > SuperThrow
Mov Esi, [GrenadeStruct]
Mov D[Esi + 5C4H], 43340000H
SuperThrow:
Cmp B[SuperThrowFlag], 01H
Jne > OrigSuperThrow
Mov B[SuperThrowFlag], 00H
Mov Esi, [GrenadeStruct]
Mov D[Esi + 5C8H], 1388H
Mov D[Esi + 5D0H], 1F4H
OrigSuperThrow:
Cmp B[SuperThrowFlag], 02H
Jne > EndofHealthRoutine
Mov B[SuperThrowFlag], 00H
Mov Esi, [GrenadeStruct]
Mov D[Esi + 5C8H], 384H
Mov D[Esi + 5D0H], 78H
EndofHealthRoutine:
PopAD
PopFD
Cmp [Edi + 184H], Ebp
Push [HealthRet]
Ret

if I remember correct the recoil used multiple addresses, because when shooting at a bigger fire rate the weapon was going up and down/ left and right. So hence I freezed the left, right, up, down recoil effects.

arlight1
Cheater
Cheater

Post by arlight1 »

Solved this, thanks for the help everyone. It was by the weapon ammo dec.

alexdeadite
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Rapidfire to duke nukem forever pleass

Post by alexdeadite »

[/quote]

----------------------------------------
CHEATENGINEhelPP!! I need rapidfire to DNF. you can had remote control to my pc and solve it its easy for you.answer me please
alexdeadite@gmail.com