theHunter: Call of the Wild finding movement speed.

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
xention15
Noobzor
Noobzor

theHunter: Call of the Wild finding movement speed.

Post by xention15 »

I'm trying to learn how to find the movement speed in theHunter: CotW but so far I've not achieved any results. I do have found the addresses that manages the coordinates for the player. If I edit those values my character will 'teleport' with the value written. The problem I have is that when I'm trying to find what opcodes that access the addressees there are counts that start as soon as possible but when I move around nothing new pops up in the opcodes list.

These are the ones that access the coordinate address:

The one that are counted to 287 keeps counting up and the ones counted up to 15 is the camera or mouse movement.

Where should I go from here? I am fairly new to cheat engine but after I found the coordinates I want to keep trying. Can I get any tips on the way?

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Re: theHunter: Call of the Wild finding movement speed.

Post by ++METHOS »

There are several ways to do it. Sometimes, just analyzing the data structure for coordinates and testing various values will work. Here is an example of analyzing assembly code around coordinate instruction:

[Link]

xention15
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by xention15 »

I've actually looked at that thread before but as I previously said I'm still new to this. :P But I will take a look again. Thanks for replying.

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

Not sure what you're expecting. Understanding will not just come to you, you have to chase it. Spend time learning the basics and work your way up. :P

arlight1
Cheater
Cheater

Post by arlight1 »

xention15 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:09 pm
I'm trying to learn how to find the movement speed in theHunter: CotW but so far I've not achieved any results. I do have found the addresses that manages the coordinates for the player. If I edit those values my character will 'teleport' with the value written. The problem I have is that when I'm trying to find what opcodes that access the addressees there are counts that start as soon as possible but when I move around nothing new pops up in the opcodes list.

The one that are counted to 287 keeps counting up and the ones counted up to 15 is the camera or mouse movement.

Where should I go from here? I am fairly new to cheat engine but after I found the coordinates I want to keep trying. Can I get any tips on the way?
Pick one of those instructions that accesses your player coordinates and follow the assembly. Try to understand what it's doing. From that list, I would personally pick one of the constantly updating instructions (count of 287 from your screenshot). The moveaps look promising. Find out how to use the break and trace instruction tool within cheat engine and watch as the xmm registers change when you trace the instructions. It's entirely in your hands now on how to proceed and where to investigate.

xention15
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by xention15 »

arlight1 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:16 am
xention15 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Pick one of those instructions that accesses your player coordinates and follow the assembly. Try to understand what it's doing. From that list, I would personally pick one of the constantly updating instructions (count of 287 from your screenshot). The moveaps look promising. Find out how to use the break and trace instruction tool within cheat engine and watch as the xmm registers change when you trace the instructions. It's entirely in your hands now on how to proceed and where to investigate.
That's what I've been trying to do, but this is all new to me so when my character moves there are tons of code moving (of course). I'm trying to understand how to freeze the movement speed but no success yet. :)

Mr.Hitforest
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Mr.Hitforest »

Any luck yet at changing movement speed?