How do you set a Checkbox in form to be checked via code?

Want Cheat Engine to do something specific and no idea how to do that, ask here. (From simple scripts to full trainers and extensions)
Reclaimer Shawn
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

How do you set a Checkbox in form to be checked via code?

Post by Reclaimer Shawn »

So, I want a certain function to be activated via Checkbox, and considering I think checkbox timers are a rather effective method of repeatedly calling a function, I wanted another function to check a checkbox automatically and run the code associated with it. How would I do this from another function?

This is the code I want to be executed outside of its local function:

Code: Select all

function CECheckbox7Change(sender)
   if ((checkbox_getState(UDF1.CECheckbox7)) == 1) then

t=createTimer(nil)
    timer_setInterval(t, 1)
    timer_onTimer(t, xpfixer)
    else
      t.destroy();
      t=nil
    end
end
The reason I wanted to do it like this is because I wanted the checkbox to be invisible for the user but still play an active role in modifying in game values.
Last edited by Reclaimer Shawn on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

jungletek
Shogun
Shogun

Re: How do you set a Checkbox in form to be checked via code?

Post by jungletek »

Reclaimer Shawn wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:16 am
EDIT: I ended up finding out on my own. Please delete this thread.
You should consider posting it for other people's enlightenment.

Nothing worse than seeing a post that matches what you're trying to do, and then the inevitable "Edit: NVM, figured it out". :lol:

Reclaimer Shawn
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Reclaimer Shawn »

jungletek wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:33 am
Nothing worse than seeing a post that matches what you're trying to do, and then the inevitable "Edit: NVM, figured it out". :lol:
I ended up solving my own issue. Let's say I want the function of one checkbox to check another checkbox and activate its function at the same time.

I could use this to activate the code above without even messing with the checkbox:

function CECheckbox3Change(sender)
   if ((checkbox_getState(UDF1.CECheckbox3)) == 1) then

t=createTimer(nil)
    timer_setInterval(t, 1)
    timer_onTimer(t, random)
    else
      t.destroy();
      t=nil
    end
    checkbox_setState(UDF1.CECheckbox7, 1) //This sets the checkbox to be checked//
    CECheckbox7Change(sender) //This calls the checkbox function, which then checks to see if the box is checked and then acts based on checked condition//
   if ((checkbox_getState(UDF1.CECheckbox3)) == 0) then
    checkbox_setState(UDF1.CECheckbox7, 0) //This sets the checkbox to be unchecked if it doesn't meet the condition of this box being checked//
    CECheckbox7Change(sender)  //This calls the checkbox function, which then checks to see if the box is checked and then acts based on checked condition//
end
end
So, if you want to set a checkbox via lua, you can do it via this:

checkbox_setState(FormName.NameOfCheckbox, 0) //Sets Checkbox to Unchecked//
    checkbox_setState(FormName.NameOfCheckbox, 1) //Sets Checkbox to Checked//
    checkbox_setState(FormName.NameOfCheckbox, 2) //Sets Checkbox to Grayed if the Checkbox allows it//
If you then wanted to call the checkbox function outside of its function, you could do this:

function SOMEOTHERFUNCTION()
YOUR CODE HERE
NameOfCheckboxChange(sender)
end
Make sure to call the function after everything you want to execute in SOMEOTHERFUNCTION, else that function will cease and the checkbox function will begin instead.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Reclaimer Shawn wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:49 am
jungletek wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:33 am
I ended up solving my own issue. Let's say I want the function of one checkbox to check another checkbox and activate its function at the same time.

I could use this to activate the code above without even messing with the checkbox:

function CECheckbox3Change(sender)
   if ((checkbox_getState(UDF1.CECheckbox3)) == 1) then

t=createTimer(nil)
    timer_setInterval(t, 1)
    timer_onTimer(t, random)
    else
      t.destroy();
      t=nil
    end
    checkbox_setState(UDF1.CECheckbox7, 1) //This sets the checkbox to be checked//
    CECheckbox7Change(sender) //This calls the checkbox function, which then checks to see if the box is checked and then acts based on checked condition//
   if ((checkbox_getState(UDF1.CECheckbox3)) == 0) then
    checkbox_setState(UDF1.CECheckbox7, 0) //This sets the checkbox to be unchecked if it doesn't meet the condition of this box being checked//
    CECheckbox7Change(sender)  //This calls the checkbox function, which then checks to see if the box is checked and then acts based on checked condition//
end
end
So, if you want to set a checkbox via lua, you can do it via this:

checkbox_setState(FormName.NameOfCheckbox, 0) //Sets Checkbox to Unchecked//
    checkbox_setState(FormName.NameOfCheckbox, 1) //Sets Checkbox to Checked//
    checkbox_setState(FormName.NameOfCheckbox, 2) //Sets Checkbox to Grayed if the Checkbox allows it//
If you then wanted to call the checkbox function outside of its function, you could do this:

function SOMEOTHERFUNCTION()
YOUR CODE HERE
NameOfCheckboxChange(sender)
end
Make sure to call the function after everything you want to execute in SOMEOTHERFUNCTION, else that function will cease and the checkbox function will begin instead.

DB added OOP code some time ago (but you will find a lot more examples using the older style). So you can also deal with it directly as an object.

SomeForm.SomeCheckbox.State = 1

if SomeForm.SomeCheckbox.State == 1 then print('I'm checked Dude') end

if SomeForm.SomeCheckbox.State == cbChecked then print('I'm checked Dude') end

SomeForm.SomeCheckbox.Checked = true

SomeForm.SomeCheckbox.OnChange = function(sender) print('I Have The Power!') end

SomeForm.SomeCheckbox.OnChange(SomeForm.SomeCheckbox)
-- Not real sure about this one but I think it works with "OnChange" and not "onChange"

SomeForm.SomeCheckbox.onChange(function(sender) print('I Have The Power!') end)

local function someSuperSweetStuffHere(sender)
    print('I Have The Power!')
end
SomeForm.SomeCheckbox.onChange(someSuperSweetStuffHere)

From "celua.txt" (in the CE directory):

CheckBox Class: (Inheritance: ButtonControl->WinControl->Control->Component->Object)
createCheckBox(owner): Creates a CheckBox class object which belongs to the given owner. Owner can be any object inherited from WinControl

properties
  Checked: boolean - True if checked
  AllowGrayed: boolean - True if it can have 3 states. True/False/None
  State: checkboxstate - The state. (cbUnchecked=0, cbChecked=1, cbGrayed=2)
  OnChange: function - Function to call when the state it changed

methods
  getAllowGrayed()
  setAllowGrayed(boolean)
  getState(): Returns a state for the checkbox. (cbUnchecked, cbChecked, cbGrayed)
  setState(boolean): Sets the state of the checkbox
  onChange(function)