Complete noob - need help making a short, simple script

Want Cheat Engine to do something specific and no idea how to do that, ask here. (From simple scripts to full trainers and extensions)
Denizen38
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Complete noob - need help making a short, simple script

Post by Denizen38 »

Brand new to the forum, and a complete novice to LUA scripting – so apologies if I'm omitting something important here!

I've been using the Hexington Cheat Table for Elden Ring to force enemies and bosses to perform specific attacks (i.e. animations) by inputting the corresponding Animation ID into the "Idle Animation" value field. This then gets fed into the "Current Animation" at the next opportunity and the "Idle Animation" value then gets reset to -1, at which point you can queue another animation by inputting its value.

What I would now like to be able to do is force a predetermined combo sequence made of a series of animations that are chained together. This works well enough if I just set the game speed to something like 0.1 and just keep manually inputting new values. But I'd like to be able to predefine an entire series with a script (and ideally a hotkey) so that I can just press a button to force the target NPC / creature to perform the entire sequence.

I know little-to-nothing about LUA scripting, but I imagine the sequence would go something like this:

If Value (Idle Animation) = -1, Then Set Value (Idle Animation) = 3012
Wait (150 ms)
If Value (Idle Animation) = -1, Then Set Value (Idle Animation) = 3016
Wait (150 ms)

...etc., proceeding through the entire sequence (e.g. 3012, 3016, 3008, 3034). Obviously, I don't know anything about the syntax that would actually be used here, I'm just using this to illustrate what the elements would be. Since I plan on using this script in different contexts and with different NPCs, it would also be great to make the list of Animation IDs as something that's defined elsewhere so that I can change the values more easily and then just summon each item on the list sequentially with the script (e.g. Value = Anim.List.1 ... or something like that).

If someone could point me towards the right literature to look at in order to figure out how to do this, or share some examples of other scripts that could be easily adapted / repurposed to achieve this, I'd be super grateful!