What's new

Login issues

STN

Pleb
Staff member
Administrator
If you can't login to the forums, delete all cookies and session data associated with FRF and then try logging in again. If you need help with how to do that, respond here with your browser and i will guide you.

Make sure you also click agree to the notice about cookie usage that pop ups at the bottom or at top of page depending on the forum theme you're using.

This is happening because of some changes going on with the forums.

Instructions:

I will start with the most horrible browser that refused to do what i asked (because according to Google, its users are dumb and google knows better).

Chrome:

Go to settings > privacy and click Clear Browsing Data. Then make sure to choose these items and "All Time"

That should hopefully fix it. If that doesn't work, right click and Inspect. Then click the arrows icon and go to application tab. Right click on everything there (Local, Session storage etc.) and click clear data.

Vivaldi:

I think it was pretty straight-forward in vivaldi. Right click Inspect then go to application tab and clicking Clear. If that doesn't work, click near the address bar to the left where it says X cookies in use and clear them all.

I don't remember doing anything else.

Firefox:

I don't think it required doing anything. But the solution is right click while visiting FRF > Page Info, click Security tab and then Clear Cookies and Site Data.

You can also try clearing the browser data by pressing Alt on your keyboard to bring up the menu then History > Clear Recent history.

Last edited:

STN

Pleb
Staff member
Administrator
bump

Slade

Expert Cheater
Thanks for the tip, but I thought it was funny that you can't reply to this thread without being logged in, and if you can't login because you don't know how to clear your cookies.... Well, it's an amusing Catch 22.

STN

Pleb
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the tip, but I thought it was funny that you can't reply to this thread without being logged in, and if you can't login because you don't know how to clear your cookies.... Well, it's an amusing Catch 22.
hahaa didn't think of that :D I'll update first post with instructions

Jookeringa

What is cheating?
Hi @STN I was able to login in Firefox, but in chrome the login popup never shows up.

Hi @STN I was able to login in Firefox, but in chrome the login popup never shows up.
Have you tried to login on Chrome today? I was only able to login today even after deleting all the cookies (even ran CCleaner).

Can't login on Vivaldi no matter what I do. Funny thing I can login on FF and Chrome with uMatrix, NanoAdblocker and not accepted cookies :)

STN

Pleb
Staff member
Administrator
Can't login on Vivaldi no matter what I do. Funny thing I can login on FF and Chrome with uMatrix, NanoAdblocker and not accepted cookies :)
Aw, fellow vivaldi user.

Sorry didn't get a chance to post instructions, feeling a bit under the weather.

The issue seems to be from some cookies/cache remaining and redirect. The forums moved from https to http and browsers take a while to refresh their cache.

I'll oost instructions later today when i get on my pc

F12 -> Application Tab, Clear storage on the left pane solved the issue. Chrome is nightmare for devs with this retarded cache :/

Edit: Also ctrl shift r for hard reload wouldn't harm :)

hopeseekr

What is cheating?
I can't possibly register via Chrome. Also, how dare you allow people to enter in passwords while on HTTP and not HTTPS!! Only site on the Internet in 2018 I've ever seen that does that. Shameful, really!

TheyCallMeTim13

Wiki Monster
Talents
Fearless Donors
I can't possibly register via Chrome. Also, how dare you allow people to enter in passwords while on HTTP and not HTTPS!! Only site on the Internet in 2018 I've ever seen that does that. Shameful, really!
You post cheat tables here, it's not a bank; calm down.

Darkedone02

Expert Cheater
Yeah I've been having issues with logging in on my firefox browser for some reason... like it never pop up the log-in after hitting the button, cleared my cookies and did everything and still can't log in.

STN

Pleb
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I've been having issues with logging in on my firefox browser for some reason... like it never pop up the log-in after hitting the button, cleared my cookies and did everything and still can't log in.
Try clearing your browser data/cache for all time (not just cookies). Also make sure you accept the usage of cookies. Firefox was one of the less troublesome browsers.

Try clearing your browser data/cache for all time (not just cookies). Also make sure you accept the usage of cookies. Firefox was one of the less troublesome browsers.
That didn't work but I think I found the source of the problem, could be conflicts with the addons that I have on my browser that I just got rid of.

After clearing out my cache/data along with getting rid of those addon's, it worked now.

STN

Pleb
Staff member
Administrator
That didn't work but I think I found the source of the problem, could be conflicts with the addons that I have on my browser that I just got rid of.

After clearing out my cache/data along with getting rid of those addon's, it worked now.
Odd.

F12 -> Application Tab, Clear storage on the left pane solved the issue. Chrome is nightmare for devs with this retarded cache :/

Edit: Also ctrl shift r for hard reload wouldn't harm :)
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this bit of info. This new forum wouldn't let me log in at all after multiple attempts at clearing cache/cookies on Chrome and reaccepting cookies. Your post fixed it right up. :)

TheBigDawg

Novice Cheater
It took me AGES to find out how to look for individual cookies but I finally got it fixed, thanks for the help.

Top Bottom